New to the forum

Hey All,
Well I have been a long time follower and supporter of our courageous administrator here Azhria Lilu with many of her projects, however due to poor health (mainly a back and neck injury) I took a little bit of hiatus from the internet and have only just returned.

My real name is Brendon and while I was born and raised in New Zealand I currently live in Sydney, Australia.

I am a father of three boys (aged 10, 5, and 2) and my fiancee is pregnant with our fourth.

I have a Diploma in Journalism, majoring in Sports Writing and Match Reporting, and ran my own sport website for approximately 7 years before recently selling it off, I have now turned my attention to writing.

My favourite genre is horror, my favourite author is Stephen King, and my favourite music typically comes from Eminem. I am in the middle of writing my own short-story Horror Trilogy with the first part already available on publication website Smashwords for free - link here. My story was picked up by Smashwords to be part of their premium catalogue which means it is also distributed through Apple Bookstore, Barnes and Nobel and some other fantastic online retailers.

The second part to the trilogy has just been completed and is currently going through editing before being published on Smashwords - the aim is considering that it is my first series that all three books of this series will be free.

I am starting up my own website again, mainly for fans of my work to follow what is happening in my books, or upcoming series as well as look at other things that I am under taking (and let me tell you there is something massive in the works) and my site also allows for people to submit ideas to see if we take their idea up to write about, or even allow people to submit their own stories that we are able to edit to the highest possible Smashwords styling guide to give the best possible chance of getting onto their premium catalogue.

It also provides a place for people who self publish through Smashwords or any other website to advertise across our site.

I am here to once again show my support but also to re-learn everything I had previously known yet due to my injuries no longer remember which is why there are so many basic/simple questions that have been answered before being asked by me and for that I apologize.

If you want to know anything about me just ask away.

Fourth kid, huh. . . you'll be catching me up soon at this rate!

Great to have you here with us Brendon. Can't wait to see your website. I write myself on occasion so am watching with interest :D

Welcome Brendon. I don't believe we've met in the past. I'm Martin, an awesome (don't any of you dare say otherwise!) guy from Sweden. Currently going for a major in Journalism at university.

I let my inner author loose on occasion but lately I've been on a dry spell.

I'm sure we'll get along fine... as long as you drink coffee.. :coffee: is life and people that don't like coffee are not considered people here on DiscussionJunkies ;) :devil:

Back