Season 5 New Vaughn Rumour Of The Positive Kind

I don't get it, wasn't getting Vaughn back what everyone was trying to do? :mellow: I guess I don't love Vaughn enough to understand. :P

That doesn't look mean does it? :heh: *is trying to ask a question without upseting people* MV threads can get scary.

I am confused as well--I thought this was what everyone wanted.....confused (as usual unfortunately)

How is that positive?

1. It proves TPTB had no intention of bringing Vartan/Vaughn back until they saw the consequences - if they had planned ahead and had Jack fake Vaughn's death or whatever, there would've already been an agreement! They wouldn't be going back to Vartan now and asking him to return.

2. There isn't an agreement between Vartan and Bad Robot, currently.

3. Talking about a deal before it happens is an old PR trick - it's designed to force Vartan's hand. Using such a trick shows how desperate VBR is - and how stupid they were to begin with.

Jinnie, you rock! One other thing, its apparent that MV was not informed about his being written off the show until it was too late for him to interview/try out to be a regular on another show. You would have thought that if JJ and TPTB really cared anything about MV, they would have at least been up front and told him he was free to find another job, much sooner. Considering everything that has happened with this whole situation and the way it has been handled, I won't watch Alias or ABC anymore. I was concerned that the show would end with Syd being husbandless and her child being fatherless, but I'm not even concerned about that anymore. I hope MV tells them to go shove it.

You're right, the reason I joined the MVCampaign was to support MV, period.

I don't get it, wasn't getting Vaughn back what everyone was trying to do? :mellow: I guess I don't love Vaughn enough to understand. :P

That doesn't look mean does it? :heh: *is trying to ask a question without upseting people* MV threads can get scary.

I am confused as well--I thought this was what everyone wanted.....confused (as usual unfortunately)

It wasn't that we wanted to get him back that drives us all mad, it was that he was fired in the first place.

He wasn't ever my favorite character and he still isn't but, He is a great actor who deserved sooo much better then how he was treated by TPTB.

We all really miss him. How ever I hope he doesn't sign back on. If I where him, I would only sign back on if 1) They paid me more. 2) They sign me on for the rest of the season starting with the next epi they haven't started shooting, and 3) they apologies immensely!

No, not really. Even if Michael does return for a limited number of episodes this season, I will not be watching. Many people wanted the whole situation to be handled differently. We wanted TPTB to be upfront and honest about Michael's character. Instead we were told that he was not going to be killed off and would be playing a major part in this season. That doesn't appear to be the case.

Now, realizing that they've made a mistake, they are scrambling to get him back. Thus showing that they never had any intention of bringing him back, if now, all of a sudden they are trying to get him back for guest roles.

While a lot of people would still be upset, I don't think it would be to this degree if there had been some level of honesty on the part of TPTB.

Agreed Jamison.

I feel lied to and betrayed. As I stated elsewhere. I've invested myself in four years of this show. I"ve watched every episode, I've gotten new people hooked on it, I've purchased all the seasons on DVD because I believed in this show, its writers and its actors.

Boy did they stick it to us.

that's so funny! :lol: I know, I am trying to walk on eggshells and don't want to upset anyone too!
The truth is that I never loved Vaughn either - he used to be one of my least favorites, but for some reason, I am taking his death SO STINKIN hard! I must have had a secret love or something.
I think having him back for another few episodes would be great... AS LONG AS they give S/V a happy ending. I don't think I could handle it if he was alive and then they didn't end up together. Sydney and Vaughn's characters are the epitomy of soul mates. I"ve never seen two character so meant for each other as these ones. So if they will end it happily, I'm all for him coming back. If not, leave him out of it and let's just end it with the "I love you" right before he flatlined.
However, if it's true that TPTB (by the way, what does VBR mean?) DID lie and betray the fans and are now scrambling to get him back, I imagine they wouldn't want to risk screwing the fans again and have an UNhappy ending for the couple.

i guess this is him coming back for a couple, but I agree with you guys. Why did the writers lead us on as they did? This was so unexpected. And what I really can't understand is why they would have them die in the very first episode!?

i guess this is him coming back for a couple, but I agree with you guys. Why did the writers lead us on as they did? This was so unexpected. And what I really can't understand is why they would have them die in the very first episode!?

They had him die in the opening episode because they gave him his walking papers....plain and simple....but in order to keep his fans watching for a "return from the dead", they keep the spin going that he will return.

After the backlash, they've approached him about returning for a few episodes but the ball remains in his court and hopefully he won't agree. They don't deserve to have him back, especially after deciding to kill his character off so suddenly and after the PR spin they've dealt to his fans. The worst case scenario has now hit them head on....the lowest ever 18-49 demographics and I doubt the advertisers are pleased at all.

Jinnie, you rock! One other thing, its apparent that MV was not informed about his being written off the show until it was too late for him to interview/try out to be a regular on another show. You would have thought that if JJ and TPTB really cared anything about MV, they would have at least been up front and told him he was free to find another job, much sooner. Considering everything that has happened with this whole situation and the way it has been handled, I won't watch Alias or ABC anymore. I was concerned that the show would end with Syd being husbandless and her child being fatherless, but I'm not even concerned about that anymore. I hope MV tells them to go shove it.

You're right, the reason I joined the MVCampaign was to support MV, period.

I cant belive that JJ did such a thing to Michael :angry:, i thougt he cares about him and was his friend.
:(

Jinnie, ICAM!

What is disappointing is the way we were LIED to about everything. We were told that he wasnt going to be killed off, he wasnt going anywhere etc. This latest info PROVES that all of that was LIES,LIES and more LIES.

Thats what gets me the most. I HATE being strung along by TPTB with any tv show. It really annoys me the way you invest your time into tv show but you dont get any respect back

We the fans are what made Alias successful, surely they owe us more for that??

I have a question though, up until this thread, I had been reading that MV 'chose' to leave, but wasnt fired. Int his thread now, I am seeing many posts suggesting that MV was fired. Is anyone able to expand on this. Thnking you in advance for anyone who can.

Please don't expand on that. That only leads to gossip, which is not allowed on AA.

no gossip? all of your statements in here are just that, you aren't the writers or the actors, you have now inside so technically this is all gossip sorry

I feel lied to and betrayed. As I stated elsewhere. I've invested myself in four years of this show. I"ve watched every episode, I've gotten new people hooked on it, I've purchased all the seasons on DVD because I believed in this show, its writers and its actors.

Boy did they stick it to us.

[/quote]

I'm with you on that OWJ. I've gotten so many people hooked on Alias and I'm waiting for them to catch up with Season 4....I hope it's not all for nothing!
I think we have to have a little faith. Other shows have had personnel setbacks like this and although it's taken time...things came around.
They just need to come up with a few good episodes to get us revved up about something other than MV being out of the picture! :smiley:

Spoilerfix.com just posted that Michael was back at Alias and was filming yesterday. I don't know how many episodes... but now we know we will be seeing him in the upcoming episodes... gawd i hope he's not an evil twin or a ghost...

How is that positive?

1. It proves TPTB had no intention of bringing Vartan/Vaughn back until they saw the consequences - if they had planned ahead and had Jack fake Vaughn's death or whatever, there would've already been an agreement! They wouldn't be going back to Vartan now and asking him to return.

2. There isn't an agreement between Vartan and Bad Robot, currently.

3. Talking about a deal before it happens is an old PR trick - it's designed to force Vartan's hand. Using such a trick shows how desperate VBR is - and how stupid they were to begin with.

It shows how little we know and how much we think we know. Because a deal was being structured last week and apparently, if you can still believe the hype, it has been fiinalized and Vaughn is coming back.

Back