Season 5 New Vaughn Rumour Of The Positive Kind

ipopy

Cadet
Found this post from the ABC site: Don't how much truth there is to it until I see the TV GUIDE but it gives us reason to hope....

Okay I receive a magazine from TV Guide, I got the new one this morning. It has a Breaking News section, and on the bottom of the page it has a spoiler about Vaughn. It says and I quote..."Is Vaughn Really Dead? It sure looked like Michael Vartan's character was killed in the Alias shocking season opener. But since when does anyone on this show really die? If things go according to plan, he'll be back this season, reveals exec producer Jeff Pinkner. We're writing an episode right now that Vaughn is in, and have more planned. Vaughn could return as soon as December, before the ABC spy series goes on hiatus for Jennifer Garner's maternity leave. Vartan's manager confirms that producers have asked the actor to return for up to three episodes, though so far no deal has been signed. Or has it?-Shawna Malcom(author of article).....end quote. I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that, so I of course rushed over to the computer to let you guys know. I swear this is no joke, nothing I read online it IS in the TV Guide magazine, let's just hope it's not another rumor!!!!!

~ipopy

How is that positive?

1. It proves TPTB had no intention of bringing Vartan/Vaughn back until they saw the consequences - if they had planned ahead and had Jack fake Vaughn's death or whatever, there would've already been an agreement! They wouldn't be going back to Vartan now and asking him to return.

2. There isn't an agreement between Vartan and Bad Robot, currently.

3. Talking about a deal before it happens is an old PR trick - it's designed to force Vartan's hand. Using such a trick shows how desperate VBR is - and how stupid they were to begin with.

Wait this is right before hiatus? Hmm, could mean giant cliffhanger we'll kill ourselves over from waiting... Haven't seen that in awhile.

This people not dying thing is getting old though. Maybe he can be a ghost. :lol:

How is that positive?

1. It proves TPTB had no intention of bringing Vartan/Vaughn back until they saw the consequences - if they had planned ahead and had Jack fake Vaughn's death or whatever, there would've already been an agreement! They wouldn't be going back to Vartan now and asking him to return.

3. Talking about a deal before it happens is an old PR trick - it's designed to force Vartan's hand. Using such a trick shows how desperate VBR is - and how stupid they were to begin with.

Excellent points Jinnie. I didn't see that TV Guide article as anything positive, more spin and a way to string fans along. The current mess VBR finds themself in, is of their own making!!

I hold to the belief that it was Vaughn's hand that I saw at the end of last weeks episode (the 2nd one). I know it was his hand twitching, the one of the stolen dead body that Syd was trying to find. Yessss! Vaughn's back!

How is that positive?

yep yep Jinnie, you took the words right out of my mouth. (y)

How is that positive?

As usual, Jinnie, DEAD ON.

I'm disappointed that JJ would not have taken the appropriate steps to secure MV for the year, given that even JJ has admitted this is probably the last one. Also, with previous interviews where MV clearly stated how much he loved this job, drop-kicking him in episode 1 and then rushing to obliterate his presence on the ABC websites within 24 hours was a bad sign to me.

I'd love to see MV come back, but it would serve JJ/Bad Robot/ABC right if he basically treated them the way he was treated on the day following Episode 1. How could they assume he would be available at their beck and call? STUPID. I read somewhere that MV has signed to a movie in Australia. I hope they have to pay through the nose to get MV back. I hope they're approaching him with the proper amount of humility, remorse and money to get him to return. He was a pivotal part of the show and he was not treated appropriately. They had Irina Derevko in the character profiles all through Season 3 and 4 on the ABC Alias pages - did they have to take Vaughn off so fast????????

I hold to the belief that it was Vaughn's hand that I saw at the end of last weeks episode (the 2nd one). I know it was his hand twitching, the one of the stolen dead body that Syd was trying to find. Yessss! Vaughn's back!

I'm with you! Vaughn Lives!

How is that positive?

*pats Jinnie's hand* I totally agree with everything you said. I'd be happier if he didn't come back. I've gotten so annoyed over the "he/she's dead, oh wait, no they're not!" thing. It was cool the first 2 times, but it's getting crazy.

How is that positive?

Exactly. It is not at all positive.

This just proves that they had no plan and that he was dead...until the realized what a mistake that was.

Honestly, if they actually had a set plan for this season involving Vaughn being dead, then that would be fine. But they keep playing these silly little games to please the fans. I'm a huge Vaughn fan, but I'd still be an Alias fan if they'd actually stick with something concrete...instead of having Vaughn "die" but then leave room for him to come back if that made fans too angry.

How is that positive?

Its positive because instead of TBTB not saying anything and letting the fandom continue to drive itself into a frenzy they have moved up to lying directly to our faces. See isn't that more positive? :blink:

oh and Vartan might be back for 5 minutes, thats also a plus. :blush:

How is that positive?

You just read my mind. I am still not watching unless MV comes back. And if he decides not to come back and does a movie instead, it is fine with me. :smiley:

I don't get it, wasn't getting Vaughn back what everyone was trying to do? :mellow: I guess I don't love Vaughn enough to understand. :P

That doesn't look mean does it? :heh: *is trying to ask a question without upseting people* MV threads can get scary.

No... at least not the people staffing the MV campaign. Our only goal was to support Michael, Alias or no Alias. :smiley:

I just love the "VBR" name for TPTB. That is definitely my new favorite thing to call them.

sd6452 Posted Yesterday, 11:56 PM
I don't get it, wasn't getting Vaughn back what everyone was trying to do? I guess I don't love Vaughn enough to understand.

That doesn't look mean does it? *is trying to ask a question without upseting people* MV threads can get scary.

Most feel that Vartan/Vaughn was a series regular since the beginning and that he should continue as such until the show finishes. Putting aside how badly the whole thing was handled, most fans would probably be happy if he was in a majority of the episodes. But what we are talking about doesn't even compare to that. VBR had said that he would be a major part of S5. Does anyone think that 2, maybe 3, or 4 episodes consitutes a very big part of the season? Personally I think that is a terrible misrepresentation of the facts. Dishonest. Untrustworthy. In a word? VBR!
:angry:

because i am in australia i just found last week that vaughn dies!!
:jawdrop:
i can't get my head around this new information. you guys don't know how lucky you are. down here we are still in the fourth season were vaughn is trying to find his father. but i guess since he is still alive it's all good :D
it would be brilliant if MV did sign on to do that movie down under here in Australia. i will support him in what ever he decides to do in the future, cause i love him. :love:

Back