New Wednesday Timeslot for Alias

I'm really surprised at all the negative posts about Alias moving to Wednesday night. I don't mean to be blunt but Alias was never a "success" on Sunday night, they had decent ratings in some key demographics but it was never more than a "cult hit". Desperate Housewives great ratings on Sunday night is just more proof that Alias was not right for that timeslot.

Personally, I think the move to Wednesday is the BEST thing that could have happened to Alias. You couldn't ask for a better lead-in than another JJ Abrams show ....especially as one as successful as Lost. And with Alias and Lost being shown back-to-back, I can't help but think ABC will do some great things to promote both shows.

For those people who say they can't watch it because it conflicts w/another show or they are busy on Wednesday..have you never heard of Tivo or a VCR.

Let's face it...Alias is an expensive show to produce and it never had the ratings to be considered a hit, the fact that it's on for a 4th season is a miracle.

If you're surprised by all the negative posts... don't freaking post one yourself MaryJane!! Yeesh...

I hate the fact that Alias is gonna be on Wednesday cuz I watch Gilmore Girls in the same timeslot... not to mention my whole family watches Alias and we're all doing different stuff on Wednesday so it's not good for us. We can't just book around it, even if some of us are hard-core fans.

On the positive side, I like the fact that they're teaming Lost and Alias up. It'll be one heck of a night for peeps who watch both shows! :smiley:

ETA: Oh, FYI, my VCR is broken and we're not rich enough to get it fixed or to get TiVo.

It's a good move to pair Alias after Lost. It's a great opportunity for Alias to build its viewership.

For me Sunday worked better to watch it. I'm more relaxed then and can enjoy. I do watch Lost on Wednesday, though, I'm not addicted to it. Not sure I want to be watching so much TV in one night. If Alias season 4 continues destroying what I watch the show for it may not be a problem.

Alias News said:
Per zap2it:
[post="1069519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hmm..oh well. the good thing, a 2 hour premiere, the bad things, its on wed. and it doesnt start till jaunary. damn those deperate housewives. hmph. :angry:

i don't know...i hafta say i loved sundays because i knew that i was always free, also alias has had that spot for 3 years, since when is it an old show that gets moved? i thought the new shows would just fit in during an avaliable spot. i dont really think its fair for alias people who count on sundays, i guess wednesday isnt that big of a deal but i dunno alias just made my sundays, oh well its out of my control

This is...the best move ABC has EVER made. I cannot tell you how excited I was when I read this earlier this afternoon. I honestly think this is the best move for Alias. I mean...sure I don't see it sluggin American Idol or The West Wing, but...I hate to sound to opptamistic, but being on after Lost...probably having most of Lost's viewers being Alias viewers, I think Alias can give its Wednesday night @9 competition some...competition of its own.

And like some one said before...promote Alias.
They need to do some mad promoting of Alias to get a good impact on this.

LOOKING FORWARD TO AN AWSOME FOURTH SEASON WITH AN AWSOME STORY AND HOPEFULLY AWSOME RAITINGS!!

SEAN

i am just happy that its on at 9 and not 7 because i have sparks then, i would always miss alias.but i did like it better on sunday

ewwww...now I can't use ALIAS as a time management tool...perhaps I should jump the DH bandwagon. wednesdays....baaaaad....for my schedule...sandwiched between moot...and on which wednesdays I have lab and the paper....grrrrrr...woe is me...

AH! I'm going to miss the first 15 minutes every week. :cries: I have dance on Wednesdays until 9. And Sunday worked so well because I could always have my homework done ... Oh well. I guess it's a price I'll have to pay. I hope it aids in the show's success. ^_^

GRR!!!! Ok, well I guess I at least should be happy that we are getting a 4th season, but just GRR!!! Now I have to readjust my whole system! Alias on Wednesday? Eww. Alias made Sunday the best day of the week, now it has to be Wednesday? I don't think so. I'm really busy on wednesdays. GRR! I HATE U DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!! I think I'll go get a big bowl of coffee ice cream and cry.

I have been hoping for this to happen since Lost and Desperate Housewives first ratings came in. Lost + Alias is the perfect combination. You get a compatible lead in that has great ratings. This is Alias's chance. ABC has couldn't have picked a better timeslot for Alias. Where else where they going to put it? On Monday vs 24? That would be dividing the potential audience. Tuesday paired with some sitcoms in NYPD Blue slot when it has finsihed its run? Thursday against the Apprentice, and CSI? Friday or Saturday when few people who watch Alias are home? The only other place would be after Desperate Housewives but they already have Boston Legal in that slot and its doing ok. Better to get rid of trash like the Bachelor which has seen the wheels come off this season ratings wise. ABC is really showing faith in Alias by scheduling it here.

uhh!!! Idk how I feel about this. I really liked Alias on Sundays. It was a great way to start the week and if you say " Sunday " to me Alias pops into my head... I start to hum the theme song...and go into an Alias daydeam world. So Wednesdays huh... hmmm... Wed. haven't been a Big deal since Dawsons Creek. Idk about this. Well then again they could put Alias on Fridays and I would stay home and watch it while everybody else is out and now that Friends is over Alias is my only show that I freak out if i miss. ( it's not a pretty site ) Even if I tape it I get pissed. I hate the fact that I know it is on and I'm not watching it. Well I'll just have to tell work Wed. r a no-can-do !!! At this point in time I just want some new eps and don't care when it is on as long as it is asap. My s1,s2,s3 dvds need a rest and old eps r just not cuttin' it any more. counting down to Jan 5!!!! ahhhhh tooooo farrrrrr awayyyyyyy!!!!!

Bad move -- Alias will lose its fan base slowly and surely... either to that torrid felgercarb Lost or to inability to watch on Wednesday nights.

Back