News: The Crescent Order to open Hero's Journey branch

To be quite honest with you, no.

There's a lot of information out there about HJ in some ways yet, in others, it's really lacking.

I think TCO - and I say this as only 1/3 of the leadership team - will probably sit back and evaluate what's best for us... maybe as late as beta... before we commit to really big things like that.

Sorry I can't answer your question any more than that for now.

To echo Blur's thoughts on this. Yeah, I think we really need some more developed info and preferably some hands-on before making that decision.

I also noticed you registered on our forums, Benkt. Welcome to the TCO forums.

Dyngo said:
Is this TCO thingy US based and/or US members only?
It's US-based, insofar as the majority of members are in the US (a good spread between East and West coasters), but membership also covers Australia, Japan, the UK, Denmark, France and probably other places I can't remember. Not all of those people will neccessarily play HJ... but they are TCOers.

blur said:
It's US-based, insofar as the majority of members are in the US (a good spread between East and West coasters), but membership also covers Australia, Japan, the UK, Denmark, France and probably other places I can't remember. Not all of those people will neccessarily play HJ... but they are TCOers.

How do you do when playing the same game and there are EU and US servers (for example with WoW)?
split up or do all play on US servers ?

(My guess is that HJ will be US server only at start)

at least in SWG and WoW we went with East Coast(US) servers because a majority of our members are in the Eastern and Central time zones. i dont know about EQ2. Eve has but one server so that one was easy.

Dyngo said:
How do you do when playing the same game and there are EU and US servers (for example with WoW)?
split up or do all play on US servers ?
We have always settled on a US server simply because the majority of folk are US-based. As to whether it's an East or West coast server is usually pretty moot and determined by where the bulk of players come from. Ultimately, it really means very little when you have people logging in from all over the world.

So what are you lot playing now then? I'm utterly burnt out on WoW, EQ2 seems to have turned into some sort of kink-cyber community, and I don't know enough of what's out there to delve into, though most reports are all other games are "dead". Granted, all my time these days is spent in minding my sproggo, garden tending, spinning firestaffs and fans and all sorts of other weird stuff, but I can't get the gaming out of my system!

Trillian said:
So what are you lot playing now then? I'm utterly burnt out on WoW, EQ2 seems to have turned into some sort of kink-cyber community, and I don't know enough of what's out there to delve into, though most reports are all other games are "dead". Granted, all my time these days is spent in minding my sproggo, garden tending, spinning firestaffs and fans and all sorts of other weird stuff, but I can't get the gaming out of my system!
Our three "official" games (ie: the ones we have the largest presence in, individual charters and leadership teams, etc, etc), are EVE, EQ2 and SWG... although it looks like SWG will probably, finally, go the way of the dodo soon. We also have small "unofficial" groups in games like Guild Wars and WoW, in addition to groups beta testing Vanguard, Pirates of the Burning Sea, etc.

There have been rumbles about it... and I think some members will play it... but it hasn't gained any serious traction within the group. That said, neither has HJ. The difference, however, is that Leo, Dirk and myself will go on a large recruiting campaign, especially once the game's in beta and people know if they're in or out, and will build a good group regardless of which existing TCO members choose to join us.

Back