NFL 2004-2005 Season

SecretAgentMan said:
Eagles have beaten only two teams with winning records.  ;)

If Dallas doesnt' make the playoffs then I'll be cheering on the Packers.  I enjoy seeing Brett Favre play.
[post="1096525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sam, honey, love you babe, but get over it. Eagles have beaten the Packers twice since last season (including the playoffs last year). They'll be okay against the Pack's shutdown defense (despite one Philly Inquirer columnist picking GB over the Eagles). They have already beaten the Packers this season and that was in Lambeau.

Hey look, I like the Packers a lot, but when it comes to them playing my Eagles, there's no question.

If Dallas doesn't make the playoffs? You mean you're still thinking there's a possibility they will? I guess there should be hope that the Redskins will make it to then :lol:

Mrs_Jack_Bristow said:
Hey look, I like the Packers a lot, but when it comes to them playing my Eagles, there's no question.
[post="1096679"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
ROCK ON! I'm soooooo psyched for the game today!!!! :lol:

Major ass whooping! We made it look easy. Haven't seen a breeze like that since Smarty's 11 length Preakness win.

I hope to GOD Peyton doesn't break Dan Marino's record. I'm a huge Marino fan and Peyton is such a prick I don't want to see someone like him breaking it.

Although, I took issue with the whole Philly championship recap. I know they're only focusing on the four major sports teams, but hello, we won the FREAKING KENTUCKY DERBY THIS YEAR (Oh and the PREAKNESS too, 2/3 of the Triple Crown)! So we didn't win it all but come on dudes, that's huge and it's like it doesn't even matter, it pisses me off.

Yeah really! When the United won the MLS Cup, nobody around here cared.

I know the Triple Crown stuff doesn't really make me feel that much better about the Eagles, but this was HUGE for Philadelphia, to be put on the map of a sport that Philly really isn't a part of, until this year.

And need I mention that Smarty got us closer to a championsihp than the Eagles have the past years, or the other teams this year.

It does. I got into it with some guys last night who were like "He's a horse, the Derby is weak" I'm like "That HORSE did more for Philly sports this year than all of the other teams combined" And had Smarty won the TC, that would be the first thing Philly people would mention.

Anyway...I got my rant out.

I can't wait to see how things go with Rocky's run next year (if he doesn't turn into a flop in his 3 year old season), everyone back home's going to be like "Oh yeah, we rule this sport! Go Philly horses" ugh.

Yeah, even more so than last year. The guys I was talking to, got all impressed when I siad "Look, I was AT all three races" the one guy was like "Oh REALLY?!!" then their mood changed. I guess it's a bit more personal for me because I experienced it and saw with my own eyes what this horse did. *sigh* I think those guys I was talking to are in the minority, especially with the amount of Philly fans at the Preakness and the Belmont. Hell, we gave Belmont Park and Pimlico their highest attendance EVER!

Awww, they just showed a special on ESPN on the 1998 packers vs. niners game. The one where TO made the game winning catch with 8 seconds left. It brings tears to my eyes. I miss Steve Young.

Back