NFL 2004-2005 Season

Patriots:33
Eagles:23

^thats the prediction of a lady who was on cnn yesterday. She has been predicting superbowls for 19 years. Her recorde is 16 correct and 3 wrong.

I don't know eagles...I want them to win but I think Patriots are the better team.

27-17 Pats....MVP: Tom Brady unless he royally stinks it up. It's not a shocking MVP prediction, but the story is Brady and 3 SB MVP's. He's going to have to cough it up big time or Dillon is gonna have to run for 150 yards and 2 TD's to take it.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>IT'S THE BIG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

So, for Eagles' fans, I give you this:
Bud Light Presents, Real Men of Genius.
Today we salute you, oh loyal Philadelphia Eagles fan. You, for the past 24 years , have waited for your birds to return to the Superbowl. Week after week you have sang the Eagles' fight song, spelled out your team's name loudly for all to hear, and danced along with TO. You have thanked Freddie Mitchell's hands for being so great and God for the current weather conditions. Others try to rain on your parade, but you preach a higher gospel - one team, one city, one dream. So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, drop down and get your Eagle on, and welcome your Eagles to Superbowl XXXIX.

Enjoy the game everyone!!! :D

iheartalias said:
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>IT'S THE BIG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

So, for Eagles' fans, I give you this:
Bud Light Presents, Real Men of Genius. 
Today we salute you, oh loyal Philadelphia Eagles fan.  You, for the past 24 years , have waited for your birds to return to the Superbowl. Week after week you have sang the Eagles' fight song, spelled out your team's name loudly for all to hear, and danced along with TO.  You have thanked Freddie Mitchell's hands for being so great and God for the current weather conditions.  Others try to rain on your parade, but you preach a higher gospel - one team, one city, one dream.  So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, drop down and get your Eagle on, and welcome your Eagles to Superbowl XXXIX.

Enjoy the game everyone!!! :D
[post="1198269"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>WOO HOO!!!!!
E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!
</span>

Congratulations to the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots!! They are by far the best team in the National Football League. I am so, so happy they won this game. I'll happily share the Cowboy's record of 3 in 4 years with this Patriots organization.

On another note, the Eagles did the worst job of clock management over those last few minutes that I've seen in a long time. I'm thrilled that Fred Mitchell was non-existent in this game. I'm tired of hearing him run his yap. So happy the Patriots shut him up. Owens had a great game. He surprised a lot of people with his play, including me.

PATS BABY!!!!!!!

This team is just amazing, and I'm thankful that I have been able to watch them in this extraordinary run. They're something special

Wow, what a good game. There were some sloppy parts, but not all football games are perfect. Congrats Patriot fans!! I'm a 49er and Broncos fan (both good teams in the 80s and 90s), so I know how it is to get a Super Bowl win.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAME ANDY REID FOR THE LOSS, EAGLES FANS!</span>

Everyone was calling him a big fat p**** (you-know-what) on the IRC channels after the game, for running down the middle down 10 points with only 5 minutes to go instead of hurrying it up!

Had they played aggresively in the last few minutes, as a team down 10 points in the fourth quarter in a Superbowl SHOULD play, they would have had a lot more time and...

1. They wouldn't have had to waste their timeouts when the Patriots had the ball, and they could have used them in the last minute when they had the ball.

2. They probably wouldn't have had to go for the on-side kick - they would have kicked the ball to the Patriots and you saw how the Patriots couldn't even go for the field goal at the end. They went with a punt...

But because of Andy Reid's terrible calls, they had no timeouts and since they didn't recover the on-side kick, they were pushed back to the 4-yard line after the Patriots punted. With no timeouts and less than a minute to go, there was no space for McNabb to comfortably try some long passes, much less a hail mary!

All because Andy Reid, the Eagles' demented head coach, was too much of a chicken to call some aggresive plays when they were pushed against the wall. This is like the Red Sox manager (can't remember his name) who kept Pedro in the mound against the Yankees in Game 7 of the ALCS - UNEXCUSABLE! He was fired within days after the loss. Reid should be fired too, IMO.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AND TO THE PATRIOTS' FANS - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LITTLE DINASTY, BUT YOUR TEAM IS STILL LAME.</span>

^ Well first, it would be dumb for Lurie to fire Reid. How quickly some people forget, he had his team in 4 straight NFC Championship games and the Super Bowl on the fourth try. No matter how you slice it, in today's NFL, that's pretty good. And secondly, to call New England a "little dynasty" and their team "lame" shows a "little" ignorance. What they have done is an amazing accomplishment matched only by my Dallas Cowboys.

Back