NFL 2004-2005 Season

Someone has to be blamed though. It's never that a team actually gets beat by a better team. I mean, why don't they just cut McNabb too because he threw some interceptions? :ermm:

Seriously though, this was no one's fault. The Pats are just a great team. Be bitter all you want ivand, but that's the reality. The Pats shut down the Eagles run. They picked off Donovan. They played the better game last night. They are the best team in the game right now, whether you like it or not. It's incredibly immature to try to belittle what this team has done.

I wouldn't go all the way to saying the Pats are a better team (a great team? of course). If they were a better team they would have won by ALOT more than 3 points with the way the Eagles' offense was playing.

It was one of the most nerve wracking games I've ever watched! Clock management sucked, so did the interceptions. But I am so proud of the Eagles' defense. If McNabb played like he usually did in the regular season, Eagles would have had it for sure.

They won the game, right? They did it without a key member of their secondary for thr 2nd half as well. Winning the game makes you the better team

The Pats offense looked like felgercarb last night too for the most part. That's what happens when you have 2 great defenses going at it.

Also, I really don't think that you can blame this on Donovan not playing like he did in the regular season. The Pats have a way of making the best QB's look like high school players. They did it to Peyton, and they did it to Big Ben. That's what they do. It's what makes them the best team in the game right now. But Donovan did throw for over 300 yards. That's not too shabby.

I don't think the Pats played them most AMAZING game, anyone who thinks that really needs to go re watch the game. I don't think the Eagles did either. It wasn't an extremely exciting Super Bowl. We did awful at managing the clock, I can't tell you how many of us at the party were screaming at the TV.

Andy Reid is not going to be fired, please. He got us to the Super Bowl, and to the NFC game four years in a row. I think the clock managment is mostly to blame, certainly Donovan is there too, he turned over the ball too much.

The Pats are a very good team, but they're not amazing, I'm sorry.

This Super Bowl did kind of suck b/c of all the mistakes. The clock management was a huge issue for the Eagles, and you have to blame that on the coaches b/c presumably they weren't getting the plays in on time. Also, Donovan wasn't as sharp as he usually is, but TO had an amazing game yesterday. I still can't believe how good he was.

As far as the Pats, they're an amazing team b/c they've won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. I think they're a Dynasty. They did not, however, play an amazing game last night. They did enough to win, and that's all that matters anyway.

Also, I think we all know there's no way Andy Reid should or will be fired. That would just be ridiculous!!!

It was funny, Joe Buck was saying "Everyone in Philadelphia right now is yelling at the screen "Stop the clock" which is what our whole group of 25 of us were doing at the very moment, I couldn't take it, I kept hiding my face in my hands and clutching my fists.

GarnerForEmmy said:
^  Well first, it would be dumb for Lurie to fire Reid.  How quickly some people forget, he had his team in 4 straight NFC Championship games and the Super Bowl on the fourth try.  No matter how you slice it, in today's NFL, that's pretty good.  And secondly, to call New England a "little dynasty" and their team "lame" shows a "little" ignorance.  What they have done is an amazing accomplishment matched only by my Dallas Cowboys.
[post="1199712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

^_^ They ARE a dinasty, that's all that matters.

And I think they're still lame. They're like the New Jersey Devils in hockey - winners, but still boring. Programmed to win and nothing else. But I have nothing but respect for what they've done - Brady is amazing but I'd much rather watch Payton Manning, Brett Favre, Mike Vick or even McNabb!

Fact is, Andy Reid chickened out at the end of the game - I don't care what he's done in the last 5 years, he doesn't compare to Belichick - who has pretty much turned into a legend now! He CHOKED. Andy Reid CHOKED with his terrible playcalls. And losing 3 (or was it 4) straight NFC championship games is nothing to brag about.

McNabb deserved to win last night. I guess he made some big mistakes (the 2 INTs, well not counting the 3rd one which really can't be blamed on him with 9 seconds left), but he's worked hard over the years to get to the big game.

I understand if you don't agree with me on Reid, but I don't think you can argue that the Eagles were outcoached.

And when I say little dinasty, it's just out of jealousy :P , don't take me seriously there. Big dinasties would be the Boston Celtics when they won 11 in a period of 13 years, which was just insane. And the Lakers in the 80's. The Bulls in the 90's. And the Oilers and Canadiens in hockey. And the Yankees. Those are big dinasties - they dominated over a decade and sometimes even more.

But it's harder to win so many in football because it's the most competitive sport, so this is quite impressive. That doesn't mean I like the Patriots though.

I'm a Pittsburgh Penguins fan and I wanted the Steelers to win, so rooting for Philly was tough... that just tells ya how much I dislike the Pats.

But please don't take me too seriously...

I'm a big trash talker when it comes to sports! :D

Neither team played great, but what do you expect? Both teams were well prepared. You're looking at 2 teams tied for 2nd in defense for the whole NFL. They FORCE mistakes. Both offenses had flaws all year, and the coordinators for both sides did a great job at exploiting them. The only difference was that the Pats executed a little bit more than the Eagles did. That is what makes them what they are, which right now, is the best team in the game.

If you say that the Eagles could have easily won it, you can also say that the Pats could have blown them out if not for stupid penalties. That cost them another 1-2 turnovers.

I just people would give credit where credit is due, but that will never happen.

Reid is to blame partially for the time management, IMO, but a QB has to take charge at that point. Get to the line and go. don't wait for someone to tell you what to do

Ivand67, no offense taken. I am by no means an Eagles fan, nor a Patriots fan (although I was a big Patriots fan for the past 3 weeks), I just believe what they (the Patriots) have accomplished is remarkable in today's NFL with the salary cap, free agency and so on.

As for Reid, he was absolutely outcoached. The last 5 minutes of the game continues to be a head-scratcher. It was like the entire team was a deer caught in the headlights. Belichick and his coordinators had the better gameplan of the two teams. The Patriots are the most efficient offensive and defensive team that I can recall in recent memory. And they, the coaches and players, deserve all the credit.

GarnerForEmmy said:
As for Reid, he was absolutely outcoached.  The last 5 minutes of the game continues to be a head-scratcher.  It was like the entire team was a deer caught in the headlights.
[post="1201024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well said, and I have to agree. I was like every other Philly fan out there yelling "THE CLOCK IS GOING!!!!!" I think those last 5 minutes were the fastest 5 minutes of the game!!!!!!

......................:(

well, thanks eagles for a good game--ur hearts were really in it

for next season, we need to stop this "dynasty." we need to kill it. kill it dead.

iheartalias said:
Well said, and I have to agree. I was like every other Philly fan out there yelling "THE CLOCK IS GOING!!!!!" I think those last 5 minutes were the fastest 5 minutes of the game!!!!!!
[post="1201853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Holli, I do agree, they were definitly outcoached, no doubt about that. I was clutching my fists, ready to tear my hair out, watching the clock run out thinking "I'm in a surreal universe here" with everyone at my party screaming at the television. I still don't know what really happened and I don't think anybody really will.

I think Andy needs to take the heat on it, but to an extent to be FIRED? No way. You don't fire coaches like Andy Reid, I'm sorry. We'll get to the Super Bowl next year and be much more prepared.

And personally, I'd rather watch Donovan play than Tom Brady..ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

^^ Brooke, I'm gonna go ahead and say Ditto to everything you just said. I heard about the Andy Reid getting fired rumor, and that is ridiculous!! How can you fire a coach who got his team to the Superbowl?!?!

In kind of a concluding statement, as much as I would have liked to see a Superbowl win, this was the most exciting sports' season for me since the '93 Phillies, and I think the Eagles did an OUTSTANDING job and I thank them for such a great season! :D

I agree, but I'd go as far to say, it was the most exciting sports season for me since the Sixers went to the NBA Finals in 2001. And NOTHING, I mean, NOTHING will ever compare to last year's Triple Crown for me, that was special. Mostly because I was at all three races and the hometown homecoming after the Derby win. But this year was so exciting. Especially when we finally won the NFC game

Back