NFL 2005-2006 Season

I'm so excited about this season, can't wait until regular season starts!!! :woot: That's like another month away though.

Who's your favorite teams this year?

Personal favorites: Pittsburgh Steelers(always have been my fav. team), and Kansas City Chiefs(sure they didn't do so hot last year, surely they can pull it together this year. lol.)

spy_girl21 said:
I'm so excited about this season, can't wait until regular season starts!!! :woot:  That's like another month away though.

Who's your favorite teams this year?

Personal favorites: Pittsburgh Steelers(always have been my fav. team), and Kansas City Chiefs(sure they didn't do so hot last year, surely they can pull it together this year. lol.)
[post="1454052"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

New England Patriots and Jacksonville Jaguars.

AH! GREEN BAY PACKERS!

Come on, what other team in the NFL has legendary quarterback Brett Favre? And three superbowl wins and over ten titles? The Green Bay Packers are also the only team owned by the people. There's a holder in all states ond over six different countries. No one can beat that!

We may not be the best in the league, but we have the most heart! :love:

I still think the New Orleans Saints got jobbed by having to play a "home" game against the NY Giants in front of a NY Giants crowd. I commend the NFL for raising 5 million dollars for hurricane relief, but they could have still raised that money and played the game in either Baton Rouge or San Antonio. Heck, if they would have looked hard enough they could have found any number of stadiums (college or professional) in Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma and so on. But no, the NFL thought the game should be played on a huge stage in America's most well-known city. Put any spin on it you would like, the Saints still got jobbed.

GarnerForEmmy said:
I still think the New Orleans Saints got jobbed by having to play a "home" game against the NY Giants in front of a NY Giants crowd.  I commend the NFL for raising 5 million dollars for hurricane relief, but they could have still raised that money and played the game in either Baton Rouge or San Antonio.  Heck, if they would have looked hard enough they could have found any number of stadiums (college or professional) in Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma and so on.  But no, the NFL thought the game should be played on a huge stage in America's most well-known city.  Put any spin on it you would like, the Saints still got jobbed.
[post="1495916"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree...but this stadium was available and it belonged to one of the teams. College stadiums can be considerably smaller. Plus this one was ready for all of the technical aspects needed to air it on Monday night football...other's might not have been. They really just had to do something fast, and this is what they came up with. Maybe in the long run it really wasn't in the best interest of New Orleans, but at least they got to play.

All their other home games (except one) will be played in San Antonio. The one that won't be is against the Carolina Panthers and they will come to Charlotte for that one, where the Panthers will seek revenge. I'm sorry, I feel for everyone for the tragedy, but when it comes to football I show no mercy, and the Panthers need to win.

Jamison said:
I agree...but this stadium was available and it belonged to one of the teams.  College stadiums can be considerably smaller.  Plus this one was ready for all of the technical aspects needed to air it on Monday night football...other's might not have been.  They really just had to do something fast, and this is what they came up with.  Maybe in the long run it really wasn't in the best interest of New Orleans, but at least they got to play.

All their other home games (except one) will be played in San Antonio.  The one that won't be is against the Carolina Panthers and they will come to Charlotte for that one, where the Panthers will seek revenge.  I'm sorry, I feel for everyone for the tragedy, but when it comes to football I show no mercy, and the Panthers need to win.
[post="1496177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The college stadiums in the general geographic area are as follows: LSU 90,000+ seating capacity, Texas 83,000+ seating capacity, Texas A&M 82,000+ seating capacity, Nebraska 77,000+ seating capacity, Oklahoma 75,000+ seating capacity. All of them are bigger than most NFL stadiums and all of them have the capability for national telecasts because most do it on a weekly basis when those schools have home games. Not to mention Reliant Stadium in Houston. The NFL screwed up. The least that could have been done was to play the game at a neutral site. Move the game to Seattle, Minneapolis, Phoenix, anywhere. Just don't give the Giants 9 home games this season.

As far as I know, New Orleans schedule for their remaining "home" games are as follows:
San Antonio Oct. 2, 16 and Dec. 24
Baton Rouge Oct. 30, Nov. 6, Dec. 4 and 18

GarnerForEmmy said:
The college stadiums in the general geographic area are as follows: LSU 90,000+ seating capacity, Texas 83,000+ seating capacity, Texas A&M 82,000+ seating capacity, Nebraska 77,000+ seating capacity, Oklahoma 75,000+ seating capacity.  All of them are bigger than most NFL stadiums and all of them have the capability for national telecasts because most do it on a weekly basis when those schools have home games.  Not to mention Reliant Stadium in Houston.  The NFL screwed up.  The least that could have been done was to play the game at a neutral site.  Move the game to Seattle, Minneapolis, Phoenix, anywhere.  Just don't give the Giants 9 home games this season.

As far as I know, New Orleans schedule for their remaining "home" games are as follows:
San Antonio Oct. 2, 16 and Dec. 24
Baton Rouge Oct. 30, Nov. 6, Dec. 4 and 18
[post="1496261"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You have to take into consideration that for a college campus to hold an event of that magnitude on such short notice would be rather overwhelming. College football games are held on weekends for a good reason. Traffic is a major issue, along with lodging and having a bunch of non students all over campus can raise safety concerns. I come from a relatively small Division I-AA school, but we're nationally ranked and at our game this past weekend had over 26,000 people in attendence setting a new record. Having double that many people on a school day would certainly disrupt the learning process. I'm not sure how far off campus these stadiums are, but even just with traffic and people walking around could cause a distraction.

Honestly the players just seemed happy to be playing, I don't really think they cared where it was at, as long as they could play. Many were impressed with the open arms they received. They admitted that they just didn't play well when they lost...and actually the Saints under Haslett are better on the road, so it could've looked like an advantage in that way.

Whatever decision the NFL made was going to make people unhappy, that's the bottom line. I think they tried to make the best decision they could without getting involved in other cities and towns that have nothing to do with these two teams.

SunnyKnowsBest said:
AH! GREEN BAY PACKERS!

Come on, what other team in the NFL has legendary quarterback Brett Favre? And three superbowl wins and over ten titles? The Green Bay Packers are also the only team owned by the people. There's a holder in all states ond over six different countries. No one can beat that!

We may not be the best in the league, but we have the most heart! :love:
[post="1477603"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I support the pack all the way, but I'm so sick of us loosing!! ;)

Pittsburgh Steelers 2-0, they play Patriots Sunday. I hope they beat them, I'm sick of this dynasty. No offense to Pat's fans, I do think Brady is hot. ;)

spy_girl21 said:
Pittsburgh Steelers 2-0, they play Patriots Sunday. I hope they beat them, I'm sick of this dynasty. No offense to Pat's fans, I do think Brady is hot. ;)
[post="1496968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That Panthers beat them on Sunday :D I was sooo happy to see them go down!

This season is just full of surprises. Who would have thunk the Bengals would be 4-0 and leading their division, beating the Colts?!

Speaking of the Colts, Peyton Manning has only thrown for what, 6 TDs in 4 games? Wow. I still don't think their "defense" is all it's hyped up to be.

What else? I knew the Jets wouldn't do anything this year. And look what happens... they lose their starting QB AND their backup. Way to go, Edwards! (I've always disliked the Jets... but now I hate them for acquiring Ty Law in the offseason.)

Now, let's talk about who really matters: the PATRIOTS! And we can't talk about them without mentioning Rodney Harrison (oh, Harrison!!!) who, if you didn't know by now, is out for the season. :( (The Steelers must pay!!!)

So, we're pretty much screwed. There is just TOO much adversity to overcome. No Bruschi, Johnson, Law, Harrison... we have no defense. And even our backup/no-name secondary are getting hurt. Scott, Starks? Who?!

And not only is our defense pretty much shot, the left side of our offensive line is pretty weak with two rookies and no Matt Light.

I hate to say it but I think this is just all too much for us to overcome. :(

But I'm glad we beat the Steelers! :smiley:

This season is just full of surprises. Who would have thunk the Bengals would be 4-0 and leading their division, beating the Colts?!

Speaking of the Colts, Peyton Manning has only thrown for what, 6 TDs in 4 games? Wow. I still don't think their "defense" is all it's hyped up to be.

What else? I knew the Jets wouldn't do anything this year. And look what happens... they lose their starting QB AND their backup. Way to go, Edwards! (I've always disliked the Jets... but now I hate them for acquiring Ty Law in the offseason.)

Now, let's talk about who really matters: the PATRIOTS! And we can't talk about them without mentioning Rodney Harrison (oh, Harrison!!!) who, if you didn't know by now, is out for the season. :( (The Steelers must pay!!!)

So, we're pretty much screwed. There is just TOO much adversity to overcome. No Bruschi, Johnson, Law, Harrison... we have no defense. And even our backup/no-name secondary are getting hurt. Scott, Starks? Who?!

And not only is our defense pretty much shot, the left side of our offensive line is pretty weak with two rookies and no Matt Light.

I hate to say it but I think this is just all too much for us to overcome. :(

But I'm glad we beat the Steelers! :smiley:

hehehe...the Panthers beat the Patriots. :P

Sweet, sweet revenge ;)

I'm from Austalia and no nothing about the NFL but I do know that one of our ex-aussie rules players Ben Graham plays for the NY Jets as a punter I think that's what you call them. Anyway can anyone tell me how he's doing I know the team might not be but I was just wondering if he is coping alright

Back