Night at the Club

Night at the Club

PART 3

Lauren was sure that her whole life flashed in front of her as she cleared her throat and prepared to sing. Her only singing experience was limited to having sang in the choir during high school and sometimes belting out Britney Spear’s ‘My Prerogative’ in the shower to the annoyance of her husband, who wasn‘t a member of Spear‘s fan club. Now she was going to sing a duet with a man she hardly knew in front of her friends. Apparently the divorce wasn’t the only way in which the Lord Almighty was punishing her these days.

“Relax, don’t stand like you would have swallowed a ten foot pole,” came Julian’s final bit of ’helpful advise’ before the song started playing. Lauren was quite glad to notice that she actually knew the song they would be singing and knew the words reasonably well. Ryan Adam’s ‘When the stars go blue’ had been the song Julian had selected.

~*~
Dancin' where the stars go blue
Dancin' where the evening fell
Dancin' in my wooden shoes
In a wedding gown

Dancin' out on 7th street
Dancin' through the underground
Dancin' little marionette
Are you happy now?

Where do you go when you're lonely
Where do you go when you're blue
I'll follow you
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue

Laughing with your pretty mouth
Laughing with your broken eyes
Laughing with your lover's tongue
In a lullaby

Where do you go when you're blue
I'll follow you
When the stars go blue
The stars go blue, stars go blue

Follow you
Follow you

When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue

Where do you go when you're lonely?
Where do you go when the stars go blue?
~*~

Julian looked right into Lauren’s aquamarine blue eyes during the song and didn’t let his gaze divert into anyone else. She was truly beautiful and he didn’t mean only in a physical sense. She was no Whitney Houston when it came to singing, but could perform in a way that worked wonders to his libido. There was something about a woman who could tell you to go to hell and make you look forward to the trip, that exited him to no end.

Lauren found it hard not to be impressed by Julian’s performance and she made herself think of the least sexiest things in the world as a way to not start making out with him as soon as the song was over. Although the idea of her parents having sex grossed her enormously, it didn’t help that much and she still wanted to kiss him.

--

Sydney and Michael had stopped their lip lock to watch the song and she was standing her back against his stomach while he had wrapped his hand around her midsection.

Sydney was very impressed on the development Lauren had made tonight. Julian had succeeded in bringing back the old, pre-marriage Lauren, who laughed, partied and did things without analyzing them to death. Sydney had loved Will dearly, but he was completely the wrong person to her blonde friend. He had stifled her fire during their marriage and made her change into someone Sydney hardly recognized. The Lauren she knew would have never went to a book reading over a shopping trip or spent her Saturday proofreading her husbands most recent novel instead of hitting the club scene with her friends.

Sydney also decided on the moment that it was now her mission to make sure Lauren and Julian ended up together and the wheels in her pretty head had already started turning and made up a perfect plan which just waited to be executed.

“Sydney, I want to ask you something?” Michael said whispering in her ear during the final verse of the song. His hot breath felt perfect in her neck and she turned around, forgetting her scheme to make Lauren and Julian hook up tonight.

“Will you be my date for the wedding tomorrow? I know that a beautiful, smart girl like you must have men lining up to take you out, but I’m sure no one of those other suitors would show you nearly as good of a time I would,” Michael said pulling Sydney closer with his hands on her hips in a very sensual gesture.

“I think I’ll need to check my blackberry to see if my dating schedule is free, I am in high demand you know. I am very demanding and I expect to be shown an incredibly good time before I’m fully satisfied. So you think you are up to the challenge?” Sydney teased and started moving her hand up and down on his chiseled chest.

“I think I’ll do very good on the satisfaction front. In school I wasn’t very good in history but I was incredibly good on dates, so I think you’re going to enormously satisfied.” Michael continued in a teasing tone and his hand dipped lower on her back, almost touching her backside.

“Well then, I think I will allow you to take me out, but I expect maximum amount of satisfaction after that sales pitch.” Sydney said and attached her lips to his for a searing kiss that had more passion that anything she had ever experienced. Then she silently lead in to the direction of the front door of the club. She could get two things at the same time, action with Michael and get Lauren and Julian together by leaving the party before she noticed. Now that Sydney was going to take her car and leave Lauren without a ride, she would have to get Julian to drive her home. There was no way either Kelly or Eric would drive her, they were too busy with their guests and Lauren wouldn’t ask Thomas and Rachel drive her even if her life depended on it. Plus, Sydney didn’t think there was no way Julian would allow her to take a cab. Sydney was not-so-secretly very pleased with herself as the valet brought her car around. She was going to have to pat herself on the back for this one. A hook up and date with a gorgeous doctor for herself and getting her friend some action with an equally hot lawyer, not a bad ending to night in her opinion.

--

Lauren finished the final note of the song and to her surprise, they got a massive amounts of applauds that she didn’t expect at all. But she was still going to take him to a quiet corner and kill him.

“That was excellent sweetheart. I didn’t think you would have it in you, but I stand corrected. You are not as much of a prude than I thought,” Julian complemented as they exited the stage and made their way to the refreshment table to get something to drink.

“It was wasn’t it? But still don’t call me sweetheart. Thank you for tonight, I had more fun than I thought I would have. I have to go find Sydney and ask her what time she wants to get going. I’m a bit tired and I want to look fresh for the wedding. Have a good night and I‘ll see you at the wedding,” Lauren said with a smile and left him standing with a champagne glass in hand as she started navigating her way to where she had last seen Sydney standing.

Julian wasn’t going to let her just walk away, he wanted to get to know her more and in his mind, the night was anything but over. He was going to let her look for her friend for a while, knowing that she wasn’t going to find her. He had caught Michael and Sydney leaving during their song holding hands and they were not going to come back any time soon.

Where the hell had Sydney went to? She wasn’t in the bathroom, dance floor or in any quiet corners in the club. A furiating thought was starting to sink in to Lauren; Sydney had ditched her for Michael tonight and that meant that she was out of a ride. She cursed in her mind that she had agreed to come in Sydney’s car instead of getting her own, she was now going to have to call a taxi. Not only had she left her cell phone at home, but apparently she wasn’t going to get a cab for the next 45 minutes, due to the midnight rush.

Lauren contemplated walking, but quickly dismissed the idea. She wasn’t going to risk her safety by walking in the unsafe streets of Los Angeles, she had heard enough horror stories of rapes and robbery’s to do that. She was going to murder Sydney in cold blood when the brunette woman returned from her bedroom escapades tomorrow morning. She could have called Will to come and get her, but the idea sounded worse than walking. She was just going to have to wait to get a cab, which didn’t please her at all; she hated waiting in all forms and had very little patience when it came to waiting.

“Do you need a ride? I just got a text message from Michael where he informed me that he and your friend are currently making their way to a private party where we are not invited.” Julian said interrupting Lauren’s fantasy of choking Sydney to death.

“No thank you, I’m going to wait for the cab.” Lauren said with a small, almost thankful smile. She didn’t want to get in a car with a man she hardly knew, plus she was attracted to him and didn’t want to see what would happen if he drove her home and wanted to come up for a night cap. She wasn’t ready for anything of that sort right now and end of discussion.

“I won’t take no for an answer. You said yourself that you want to go home. I promise to be a perfect gentleman and just drive you home no strings attached. I can hardly leave you here in good conscience to be hit on left and right by drunken morons.” Julian said in a voice that didn’t leave her much choice. She had noticed during tonight that he was very good at this persuading thing.

“Fine, but don’t except to get anything more than a thank you for your efforts. I won’t go to bed with you tonight under any circumstances.” Lauren relented and followed him out of the building.

They hardly spoke during the 15 minute ride to the apartment she shared with Sydney. She didn’t find anything neutral enough to talk about while he switched between watching the rode and watching how her she looked sitting in the passenger’s seat of his Lexus. She gave him the final instructions and as her home appeared, he stopped his car.

“Thank you for the ride. I’ll see you at the wedding tomorrow,” Lauren said while opening the door and started making her way out of the car. Julian took a hold of her hand and pulled her to him. He looked straight into her eyes and kissed her before Lauren could stop it. Their kiss lasted only a couple of seconds before he pulled away.

“Good night. I will most definitely see you at the wedding,” Julian said as she stepped out of the car. He watched her disappear in to the building and mentally made a decision to make sure that one day she would be his.

The End.

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing. I really appreciate it.

Aww that was fabulous!
I just adored the Syd and Vaughn flirting and the quirky remark Julian made to Lauren before she could sing, was hilarious! :D
i wish this would continue. . .
It was just so great. :woot:

aww that was great! i am actually rather sad that this is the end! it was a great story and i loved it!
thanks for all the PMS

Thanks guys so much for reading my story. I think I might continue it at some point, as a one shot. I kinda thought that once I actually finished part 3, it would be over, but now I want to write a proper end to it.

Back