Night at the Club

This is my new three parter fic that I just had to write down. I promise to update ‘Come as you are’ as soon as possible.

This story is basically what happens when people get intoxicated in a bachelor party. Multiple pairings: SV, Lark, Kelly/Eric, Rachel/Thomas….at least ;)

Night at the club

PART 1

“I really don’t wanna be here right now,” Lauren Reed complained to her best friend Sydney Bristow as they were making their way to the exclusive club located in downtown Los Angeles where the joint bachelor/bachelorette party for their friends Kelly Peyton and Eric Weiss was being held.

Sydney was a tall, elegant brunette who was clad in a red Halston dress that went to her knees and had an empire waist. She had accessorized her simple dress with chandelier earrings and red strappy sandals. Her hair had been pulled to an chignon and her lipstick was the same flaming shade that her dress.

Lauren was a willowy blonde who had chosen a black, strapless Bebe satin dress which fell to her knees and hugged her shapely body. Her make-up was much more subtle than Sydney’s, her black high-heeled sandals more comfortable looking and her only jewelry was a simple diamond bracelet. Her silver diamond wedding ring was the other piece of jewelry that she was wearing, but to her that didn’t count as an accessory.

The two girls had known each other since junior high school and had been roommates at UCLA. Sydney had been Lauren’s maid of honor and Lauren had been there for Sydney when her fiancé Danny had been killed in a car accident two years ago. And tonight Sydney had a clear mission to cheer her best friend who was still acting very much like a wet blanket despite Sydney’s best efforts.

“You are coming, end of discussion. Tonight is for Kelly and Eric and I want you to have the biggest smile imaginable when we enter. This is about having fun; you remember fun, right?” Sydney said with a laugh and nudged Lauren in the arm.

“I’m getting divorced, I don’t want to have fun. I want to crawl to the nearest corner and pity myself while eating endless amounts of ice cream and watching Days of our lives. Besides you only wanna go because Michael Vaughn is going to be there,” Lauren winked and nudged Sydney right back without hesitation.

“You can’t wallow in self-pity for the rest of your life. You have to get out and have fun. You are not the only person in the world who is going through a divorce. And is it so wrong of me to want to ogle at Michael, who by the way is one hunk of man flesh and maybe getting some action tonight?” Sydney retaliated with a naughty smile.

“You can have all the action you want, but leave me out of it. I’m not ready to start dating again, my divorce is not even final yet. How pathetic is it that I’m 25 and my marital status is divorced? I feel like such a loser,” Lauren said back to her self-pitying tone Sydney had thought had evaporate a minute ago. She obviously still had lots of work ahead of her, if she wanted Lauren to have fun.

“Lauren, you’re not a loser. You and Will were married for over six years and it’s not like you ended it on a whim . Don’t get all down on yourself because you tried and in the end it didn’t work. Plus I’m really proud of how you and Will are handling this situation. You’re trying to be civilized and remain friends after everything is said and done,” Sydney said with encouragement as the twosome reached their destination and entered the bar.

“Sydney, Lauren, I’m so happy you made it,” Kelly Peyton said as she noticed two of her good friends arriving. The older brunette looked very much like a blushing bride in a pale pink dress that went nicely with her pink diamond engagement ring that both Lauren and Sydney had been eyeing jealously ever since Eric had popped the question a year ago on Valentine’s day.

“There is no place where I’d rather be than celebrate your last night as a single girl,” Sydney as cheerfully and hugged Kelly lightly. Lauren repeated Sydney’s actions but her well wishes were a little less enthusiastic.

Sydney had spotted Michael through the crowd and he looked yummy in her opinion. The two had met through Kelly last year during the Fourth of July barbeque picnic and they flirted whenever they happened to be in the same place at the same time. Tonight he looked especially good in a navy blue suit and tie.

“Go on, don’t mind little old me. I know you are eager to get yourself some Vaughn, don’t let me stand in the way. I’ll just go find a quiet corner where I can die in peace without interruption.” Lauren noted with a laugh and slightly pushed Sydney in the direction where Michael was standing talking to a blond man wearing a black suit.

“Funny, but I’m not going there to humiliate myself until I’ve had at least a couple of drinks in me. And young lady, you’re not dying on my watch. Now I want you to put on your most engaging smile and enjoy this night. If I see a frown on your face tonight, I will personally torture you tomorrow by forcing you watch a 24 marathon with me.” Sydney said in her most dangerous tone. After Lauren had separated from Will, she had moved in with her until she would find a decent apartment for herself. It had been Will’s grandmothers house where they had lived during their marriage, so she couldn’t possibly with a good conscience to ask her estranged husband to move out of the house where he had grown up.

“Fine, you win. I’ll do almost anything to avoid watching you drool over Kiefer Sutherland, who always miraculously saves the world from complete destruction.” Lauren said with mock terror and stopped a waitress and took two glasses of champagne from the tray. She gulped the content of the glasses before Sydney could reach for her glass. Lauren handed the waitress the glasses and took another two.

“I didn’t know divorce had turned you into an alkie,” Sydney joked and took her drink from Lauren’s hand as a precaution.

Lauren was about to reply to Sydney’s barb about her supposed drinking problem, when Eric Weiss started clinking his glass to get the attention of the room.

“On behalf of me and my wife to be, I want to thank all of you for coming. I know all of you are wondering why we are having a joint party and I am not in Las Vegas painting the town red by gambling and hiring a stripper. The simple reason is, that she didn’t let me. If it were up to me, I would be ridiculously drunk and losing at blackjack, but this wonderful woman who has inexplicably agreed to be my wife wanted to throw all of you a party and also she wanted to keep me in a tight leash.” Eric joked and got a good laugh from his friends and family. Kelly shot her future husband a not so happy glance and took a microphone from his hand with a quick peck on her fiancé’s lips.

“I command all of you to have a good time tonight. Dance, mingle, eat; there is certainly enough food to feed a small army thanks to my fiancé’s inability to choose between Chinese and Italian food, so naturally we are now serving both of them.” Kelly concluded the opening of the party and nodded to the DJ who started playing Frank Sinatra as an homage to Eric and Kelly, who had met during a showing of Sinatra’s movie ’From here to Eternity’.

“Please god, don’t let that be Rachel who is coming towards us. I’ll join you in the suicide corner if that air headed bimbo forces herself on our company tonight. Let’s pretend we are having a real intense conversation about something and hope she’ll get the message and goes away,” Sydney suggested as she had noticed that the tall blonde was trying to get an eye contact with her.

“Okay, what do you wanna pretend to talk about? Find a topic quickly, since the blonde ambition vehicle is making her way to us and will torture us with her presence sooner than you can say annoying,” Lauren suggested while glancing at the other blonde woman who was now actively inching herself closer to the twosome.

“Why are you still wearing your wedding ring? You separated from Will about five months ago and all that time that you have lived with me, I haven’t seen you taking it off once. You use that ring as a ’keep out’ sign don’t you? Like that guy we met at the gym yesterday who wanted to take you out, but you told him that you were married. Or are you still thinking about a possibly trying to breath life into a marriage that doesn’t make either of you happy? ” Sydney asked seriously and really wanted Lauren to give her a good answer and not try her usual sarcasm to stray from the actual question.

“You are way off Oprah, I wear it because I’m still technically married and married people usually wear a ring to symbolize their union. Maybe, possibly I’m not ready to give up on the idea that I’ll live happily ever after with my high school sweetheart. But Syd, if you want to cheer me up, don’t try to analyze my feelings tonight even if you saw a Dr. Phil special you think will fix all my problems.” Lauren said with a resounding voice that told Syd very clearly that the topic was closed for now on.

Rachel had thankfully been held back and was chatting away with a female guest neither Lauren or Sydney knew. They relocated to the other part of the club, going to take something to eat and hoping that when Rachel would stop talking that poor woman’s ears off, she wouldn’t spot them anymore.

“Hi Sydney, how are you? I haven’t seen you for ages,” said a masculine voice from behind the women and Sydney instantly recognized that the voice belonged to Michael and turned around in record time.

“Michael, so good to see you again. I’m doing very well, keeping busy with work. What have you been up lately?” Sydney asked while trying not to jump up and down with excitement that he had actually remembered her name and came to talk to her.

“Nothing that interesting. Been working a lot lately, us doctors will never run out of sick people to treat.” Michael said with a smile that made Sydney want to melt. He was good looking, funny and a doctor, all three things that most women would have swooned over and Sydney was not an exception.

Lauren cleared her throat rather loudly as an effort to stop Sydney from making a fool out of herself by just blushing and staring at Michael with a obvious ‘take me now, I’m yours’ expression on her face. That seemed to do the trick and she broke her intense gaze directed to his blue orbs.

“Have you met my friend Lauren Reed? She’s also one of the bridesmaids for the wedding,” Sydney said while and slightly hit Lauren on the ribs to make sure she’s plays nicely.

“Yes, I remember you Mrs. Reed. I met you and your husband Will in the barbeque. He’s not here, is he? We had an interesting conversation about F. Scott Fitzgerald that I’d like to continue.” Michael said politely and was a little taken back when the blonde’s smile turned upside down and her demeanor tensed immediately at the mention of her husband’s name.

“Lauren and Will are legally separated and he’s not here tonight,” Sydney stepped in before Lauren could reply.

“Oh, I’m really sorry. I can talk out of the side of my ass sometimes, as my friend Julian can corroborate.” Michael said with regret and winked to a blond man who stood near the threesome sipping champagne.

“Well, Mickey does talk to too much and too much felgercarb most of the time,” the man replied with a laugh and made his way over to where Lauren, Sydney and Michael were standing.

“Sydney and Lauren, this is my friend Julian Lazarey, who works at the same hospital than me and Eric. He is a lawyer and not a doctor so don’t accept any free examinations from him.” Michael joked and slapped Julian on the back.

“Nice to meet you ladies. Lauren, can I have this dance?” Julian said and extended his had to Lauren’s when the DJ started playing another one of Frank Sinatra’s hits.

As Lauren was about to politely decline the invitation, Sydney made her move and practically pushed Lauren forward and making her collide with Julian’s body.

“She would love to go dancing with you. Lauren works an a choreographer and owns her own dance studio, so you know she is excellent,” Sydney advertised and made it completely impossible for her friend to turn down the offer.

“Sydney, care to join your friend on the dance floor?” Michael said and stretched out his hand and lead Sydney to the dance floor.

To be continued.

Next Part: Sydney and Michael heat up and Lauren/Julian bantering

oooooooo i REALLY love this!
could you please PM me when you next update?
cant wait for the next update as it sounds great! :D

Sydney had spotted Michael through the crowd and he looked yummy in her opinion. The two had met through Kelly last year during the Fourth of July barbeque picnic and they flirted whenever they happened to be in the same place at the same time. Tonight he looked especially good in a navy blue suit and tie.

hmm. . Im loving this already and so. . Julian's a lawyer? :D

looks sooo interesting...cant wait for and update! hey that rhymed! hehe im sucha dork. i liked it. pm please cuz i have too many fics to keep track of and i really really wanna know what happens!

SpygirlAmy : I'm soooo happy you like my story. Of course you can have a pm :smiley:

NadiaSantosFan : Thanks Zoe! :smiley: Julian Sark is one yummy lawyer in this story ;)

tubby : Thanks :hug: I'll be happy to pm you when I update

fire*N*ice : Thanks so much. Sure you can get a pm.. :smiley:

vaughnshoney : Thanks for the complement :blush: I'd be delighted to pm you :smiley:

Catpin : Thanks :hug:

xMountineer02300844x : Thanks so much...Of course I can pm you when I update :smiley:

Thanks to everyone who's read my story. I hope to update by Wednesday in the latest.

Tintti XOXO

this is so cool
sydney and michael, so cool
and lauran and sark....pretty sure they gonna hit it off
this is really good
i would love to stay on the pm list.
~VJ~!
^_^

This is the second part of the story. The third and final chapter will be posted in the end of the week. Thanks for all your reviews and also thanks to everyone for reading.

Night at the Club

PART 2

“You are a really good dancer, I didn’t know that about you,” Michael Vaughn said as he twirled Sydney in the dance floor currently occupied by several of their friends. Lauren and Julian shared their dance in the near distance and they could also see the future newlyweds Eric and Kelly dancing and looking like a couple madly in love with each other.

“Thank you, I guess there are privileges to having a dance teacher as a best friend. Lauren actually says that I’m her pet project as according to her, I was terrible before she stepped in and made a favor to the male dancing population by training me. I remember you saying something at the Barbeque that you didn’t dance, so what made you change your mind tonight?” Sydney asked in a teasing tone and hoped that her attraction to Michael wouldn’t be as obviously as she suspected it would be.

“I normally don’t dance, but if I wouldn’t have asked you to dance, some other lucky guy would have. You look really good and I actually wanted to call you a couple times recently. Too bad I don’t have your number,” Michael said and shortened the gap between them. Not that there had been a huge distance before, but now they were standing only inches apart.

“Do you want you have my number now that you will have it the next time you want to contact me?” Sydney said in flirtatious voice and hoped that her legs wouldn’t fail her at this moment. Maybe that ‘action’ she was talking to Lauren about earlier would not be so far fetched after all.

“Your number is not the only thing I want from you. I want to do this to you,” Michael said and lowered his lips to hers. As the first shock of the kiss ended, she was eagerly kissing him back. After a few moments, Michael pulled away and hesitantly looked in her eyes to see what her reaction would be.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to go that far. I really shouldn’t drink any alcohol in places where there are beautiful, kissable girls like you,” Michael said and hoped she wouldn’t take offence at his directness and move away from his arms.

Instead of telling Michael how much she had liked the kiss, she decided to show it. She brought her hand to Michael’s hair and kissed him with more intensity than before. Tonight was going to be much better than she could have even imagined.

--

Julian had found it quite hard to break through Lauren’s resistance and hadn’t been able to get anything other than a few polite yes or no’s from the blonde he was dancing with. She was deliberately avoiding his eyes and instead looking at Michael and Sydney interact with each other.

“Your friend mentioned that you are a choreographer. That must be a fascinating and interesting job, isn’t that right, Miss Reed?” Julian asked and hoped that Lauren would come out of her shell when talking about her profession.

“Yes, it’s quite interesting. So Mr. Vaughn said something about you being a lawyer, what’s that like?” Lauren said with polite interest. She would have preferred to be sitting in a quiet corner and gossiping with her friends, but since Sydney had suckered her into dancing with this man, she didn’t want to be rude. She had not been raised that way and her mother, the mild mannered and sophisticated New York socialite Olivia Reed would be appalled if her daughter didn’t follow the party etiquette of polite small talk. God knows, she had disappointed mother enough by filing for divorce two months ago.

“Well, on a day to day basis, I try to keep the hospital out of the courtroom. Too bad Mickey and Weiss don’t make it so easy with their methods that even Dr. House would be dumbfounded by,” Julian laughed, wanting to lighten her mood by joking. He hadn’t seen her smile at all and really wanted to know how she looked when smiling. He found her incredibly beautiful already, but was certain that she would be even more stunning then.

“You watch House MD? I love that show, I’m absolutely obsessed with Hugh Laurie and I have seen all of his movies and television shows. I have even watched Stuart Little multiple times just because of him, but if you repeat that to anyone, I’ll deny it,” Lauren said excitedly and found it hard to sulk when the topic turned to her favorite television show and actor.

“I’m finding new sides of you that I like all the time. This must be my night, an attractive, single Hugh Laurie fanatic is dancing a slow dance with me.” Julian joked again and dipped her low as the song came to an end.

“I’m not single,” Lauren said and let go of Julian’s hands as soon as he had stopped dipping her. She wanted him to understand that nothing would come of this dance, no dates, no kissing and certainly no bedroom action.

“You’re getting divorced, that’s single in my books. It’s not like you and ex- hubby are still living together or anything. You have kicked him out, right?” Julian commented and put on his most charming smile.

“It’s none of your business what goes on between me and my husband. Thank you for the dance, now excuse me,” Lauren said without even pretending to be polite. She didn’t want to explain the happening of her personal life to someone she didn’t know at all. She attempted to leave, but he had grapped her arm and pulled her with him to a quiet corner outside of the dance floor.

“I don’t mean to be so forward, but it doesn’t matter how many times you lie to yourself about your marital status, it still doesn’t make you happily married.” Julian said pointedly and felt no need to sugarcoat this issue. She was clearly one of those bury-your-head-in-the-sand type of people while he wanted to face an issue head on.

“This is the second time today when a wannabe Dr Phil tries to analyze me and I have to say I don’t like it at all. You have a lot of nerve to start giving me relationship advise since I met you roughly 10 minutes ago. Let go of my arm now,” Lauren hissed in a angry tone and was shooting daggers at the man who had a firm grip on her left arm.

“You are incredibly sexy when angry. I should make a habit to annoy you as much as possible in the future,” Julian said unfazed by the blonde’s furious disposition. She was most definitely a hellcat and he liked that in a woman.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t find this caveman attitude of yours attractive at all. I’m going to ask you one more time to remove your hand from my arm if you don’t want me to slap that smirk of your face.” Lauren said and lifted her hand to the level of his face to make a point.

“Fine, my mistake. I would have just thought that you were a woman with an adventures streak, but now I see that you are nothing but a shrinking violet. I’ll go and leave you to pity yourself in peace,” Julian said and let go of her arm. He was certain that underneath of that prudish exterior lay a completely different person just waiting to be unleashed.

“Wait, I’m certainly not a shrinking violet. I’m usually the epicenter of excitement in a party, you just caught me on a bad night.” Lauren said defiantly, it was a blow to her ego to be considered a boring and uninteresting person. She would now have to prove him wrong.

“I find that hard to believe after everything I’ve witnessed from you tonight. You are an uptight prude pretending to be someone else, like your friend over there. She apparently knows how to unwind and have fun,” Julian baited her and gestured towards Sydney and Michael who were still engaged in passionate lip lock in the middle of the dance floor.

“What would it take for you to change that perception of me? Because, I’ll have you know, I’m the most exiting person you’ll ever meet.” Lauren noted with resolve, she didn’t want to act like her mother, who lived for manners and appearances.

“You could share another dance with me and we can continue from there. All I need is your undivided attention for the rest of the night and no more talk about ex husbands, divorces or any other dreadfully boring topic. If you can do that, I could be swayed into believing that you are full of fun after all.” Julian replied with a smile curving into his lips.

“You got yourself a deal, but only if you help me avoid that woman who is now making her way over here. Her husband Thomas went to school with me and Sydney and when she gets talking, there is no end. You will be forced to listen to everything about her life including the way she has her spices in an alphabetical order!” Lauren exclaimed and moved a little so that she was hidden behind Julian’s back.

“I’m at your service, Miss Reed. I have the perfect away to avoid talking to a woman who sounds very irritating,” Julian replied and took Lauren by the hand and lead her to the other part of the room.

--

“Are you as happy as I am?” Kelly Peyton asked her fiancé as she pressed her head on his shoulder during their dance.

“I would hazard a guess that I’m way happier than you are right now. Not every day can you leave your miserable bachelor lifestyle filled with hot women, wild parties and no responsibility at all to settle down and have a family.” Eric joked in his typical manner that Kelly had gotten used to by now after a four year courtship that would lead to the altar the day after tomorrow.

“You have succeed in making me the happiest woman on the planet and I want you to know that most things won’t change in our lives after the I Do’s, except I’ll call you husband and you’ll call me wife. Don’t you love the sound of that?” Kelly noted happily and took another look at her ring that would very soon get a friend.

“I know you’ll be the perfect wife. You won’t pull a Nadia on me, I’m sure of that.” Eric laughed once again thinking about their friends Noah and Nadia Hicks, who married last summer. Ever since becoming a Mrs., Nadia had dedicated herself into playing super wife and desperately tried trying to get pregnant. Noah had been practically been chained to her until she got pregnant some months ago and had missed most of their Lakers games that their whole work crew went to watch on a regular basis.

“No worry sweetie, I don’t have any hurry on the baby front. And you I would never tell you not to go to a Laker game as you don’t mind me going to see the Angels play. I think we are a pretty perfect match in every way possible and marriage won’t change that.” Kelly said in a voice that had no regrets or worries in it.

“I’m a lucky man that I managed to get together with the only hot chick in Los Angeles that loves sports as much as I do. Don’t ever change, honey since your perfect in every angle.” Eric said and stopped dancing for minute to kiss his bride on the lips.

--

“Come on you, don’t chicken out now. You told me yourself that you are fun, so now you can prove it. Just follow my lead,” Julian said as he steered Lauren towards the stage where the DJ was playing.

“Fine, but don’t do anything that I can’t blame alcohol for.” Lauren agreed and went along with whatever the blond haired man had in mind. She had a bad feeling about this, but there was no backing out now.

They entered the stage and Julian whispered something the ear of the female DJ who nodded and stopped the song she was currently playing.

“Ladies and gentleman, please welcome to the stage Julian and Lauren who wish to perform to our happy couple. Let’s give them a big round of applauds.” the DJ said handing Julian and horrified Lauren microphones and leaving the stage. She was going to kill him for this.

To be continued…

Next chapter: Julian and Lauren sing and Michael has something he wants to ask from Sydney…

aww that was great! i loved it! im glad that by the end of the night julian appeared to have won lauren round, and that michael and syd kissed! :D i would loved to have seem laurens face when she realised that she was getting up to sing :P it would be priceless!
thanks for the PM :smiley:
cant wait for more :D

Now that was a turnaround! Lauren just needs to be challenged. I think I'd tell Julian to go screw himself, though. He was kinda stupid with her.

Back