nightshifters

ok I'm one of the few and proud employees of the Superior Essex night crew. Just wondering, anyone else here a nighshifter? or was once? did/do you hate it or was it ok?

I actually prefer nightshift right now. my hours suck... 6p.m. to 6 a.m. but i have every other weekend off and only work 3 days one week and 4 days the next on rotation. so its really not bad since i get alot of days off to spend with my wife and kids. its a lil hard since i have a newborn but it helps the wife get a lil more sleep on my days off since i am up with the baby. plus if you have to go anywhere at night, like the store, the traffic is great! not alot of people rushing off to the store at 4 in the morning ;) . just wondering if there are any others out there that are as pale skinned as me now since i dont get alot of sun :P . but I'll get more sun when summer comes believe me! Bring on the sunburns!

I used to like night shift when I was in my late teens/early twenties. But I grew to hate it. You come home, go to sleep, and then you're entire 'day' you're having to watch the clock so you can get back, change into work clothes, and get to work on time.

This was my schedual for about 2 months last year, I don't know if this counts as Nightshifter.

My day would start out by waking up at 6:30am in the morning.
I would need to be to school by 7:30, and I was at school til 3:30.

I then rushed home, got dressed, and had to be to work at 4:00.

From 4:00--->12:30-1:00am i was at work.

Repeat.

Originally posted by frostydf2@Mar 3 2006, 08:39 PM
This was my schedual for about 2 months last year, I don't know if this counts as Nightshifter.

My day would start out by waking up at 6:30am in the morning.
I would need to be to school by 7:30, and I was at school til 3:30.

I then rushed home, got dressed, and had to be to work at 4:00.

From 4:00--->12:30-1:00am i was at work.

Repeat.
pretty crazy schedule but its more of an evening job :P . i go to work when the sun is still up and get off when the sun is commin back up. :( :rolleyes:

I was hired as 2nd shift, which I think is actually worse than 3rd cause you are working all day while everything is going on. When you get home it's like 10 or 11 pm and all you want to do is sleep.

So, I am normally 2nd, but my boss puts me on 3rd shift pretty much every Saturday and some Fridays too. I also don't have a set schedule, so the days I get off every week can be different. There have also been days where I have worked 3rd on a Saturday, then had to come back on Sunday to work 2nd. Getting home at like 7 am and having to be back to work at 3 pm or so is not fun.

At the theatre I guess you could call it a night shift. Some nights I'd have to stay til 1 or 2am in the morning to get things done. If you dropped a film, you were there for the next 9 hours re-threading it.

Thats where beer came in handy ;)

Back