No Jen Season 6?!?

Nad

Cadet
I just saw on yahoo.com that there are rumors Jen Garner will not be returning to Alias Season 6. There are some spoilers that you have probably already heard in the attached article. But I don't like it one bit :angry:

Jen Season 6 Rumor

Are you surprised about this? Cuz if you are, why??

Jennifer Garner's pregnancy has ruined the show's chances of having a sixth season.

Of course she doesn't wanna keep working 14-hour days and running around wearing wigs while she's the mother of a 1-year old baby.

She wants to be there for her kid, and that makes sense. No one can knock her for that.

But what we can observe is that it would have made a lot more sense to wait a year or two to get pregnant so that way the show could at least have a sixth season, and a proper send-off.

As it is, the quality of season 5 will definitely suffer, and if they even try to have a 6th season without the show's main character, then that would be completely ridiculous and pathetic, and I probably wouldn't even wanna watch the show (I'd do it because well, I got the DVDs you know, I wanna be there 'til the very end).

Of course Jen should spend time with her baby. But I am surprised that she would leave the show. The only things I have read about Jen as far as her work ethic goes, is that she is 110% committed to the tasks she takes on, that would include Alias. Season 5 doesn't have to be a complete flop either. It depends on the writers, and the direction they take, yes if those decisions are bad this season will suffer, but if not, it will be good. I don't think that you will have to "suffer" to the end.

>But what we can observe is that it would have made a lot more sense to >wait a year or two to get pregnant so that way the show could at least have a >sixth season, and a proper send-off.

I'm pretty sure that her pregnancy was an accident. Why would she decide she wanted to get pregnant when neither her nor Ben had even officially announced that they were dating?

I really want Jen to take the time to spend with her kid. but I don't want Jen to be compleatly gone from the show. I mean before i was really pissed off that Jen was going to be leaving. But then I thought about how I feel sometimes cuz my parents are never home. So I thought of how her kid woud feel if Jen was always gone. Don't get me wrong I love Jen at the show like crazy, but I think it would be better for her to take a year or more off.
But I hope like crazy that she will come back. Cuz everyone knows tha Jennifer Garner is the life and passion in this show. (Althouth there are other charectors that really help the show!!)
Any way in the long run i think the show will be fine.

Jen deserves time off she has a baby on the way and supposedly wants more children but I would rather the show take a year off than have no sydney there is no show without Sydney Bristow there is no Alias without Jennifer Garner. And as much as I love the show I don't think they should try to do it without her.

Back