Non-Alias Fiction Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpot

The Bubbly
It’s time for another contest in Non-Alias fiction.

This month the theme will be Back to School.

Entries can be original fiction, non-Alias fan fiction, and poetry. They are no length requirements, they can be as long or as short as you'd like.

Chapter entries are permitted, that means if you already have a fic and you would like to only submit one chapter of it that fulfill the requirements, that is fine.

BUT you MUST indicate which chapter, and the link for your fic must be to the page where the chapter is on. If either one is not met the entry will be disregarded. The chapter must be easy to understand and the judges do not have to read through the whole fic to know what is happening (which means there would be hints of what have already happened etc).

We will be looking for entries that exhibit creativity, proper grammar and spelling, good plot flow, and extra emphasis will be placed on dialogue, so be sure to be original. :D For poetry entries, focus will be put on creative stylization.

Keeping with the Back to School theme, at least two of the following elements are required to be included in your entry.

- An apple
- A teacher's desk
- A heavy textbook
- A really bad schedule
- Some inclusion of this doodle because as Mandy said, everyone doodles in class! ;) :lol:
post-456-1091855630.gif

The contest will end September 4th. 12:00 pm EST.
All entries need to be posted in this thread with the following information:

Title: (with link to entry)
Author:
Disclaimer: (if necessary)
Rating:
Genre: (optional)
Spoilers: (if based on show or book)

The winner shall receive 5 points and a nifty banner, so what are you waiting for? Write! :smiley:

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask, we will do our best to get them answered.

So, I've been wanting to try my hand at writing some purely original ficlets...and I'm loving this idea :smiley:

I did have a question about the doodle, however. I'm not quite sure what the picture is supposed to be...or is that the point (it can be what we make of it)?

:lol:

My assumption was that the doodle is a dragon, but I'll find out others takes on it. If it ends up being a doodle of a dragon (and you can't work with that), then you always have the four remaining elements to choose two from. ;)

my first reaction was that it was a really weird horse. but i can see the dragon (actually, it kinda depicts like what "Puff" would look like, anyone else see it? :lol:smiley:

Thanks :smiley: It seriously looked like a horse on crack to me :lol:

But now that you mention it, I can see the dragon :lol: So maybe I will use it...now that I know what it is...

Alias Anna said:
okay so the doodle :smiley:lol:smiley: is just one option to pick from, not a required one, right? ^_^
[post="959653"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Right, you only have to use two of the four.

The verdict is in - the doodle is of a dragon. ^_^

my entry will be along once i get home... school is coming too quickly! :eek: i don't know how i'll find time to do much writing starting pretty soon.

sorry about hte double post. here is my entry! :smiley:

The Costume Room

(This one is Freedom's POV.)
Author: Alias Anna
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance, slight Angst...

sorry, i couldn't find a good way to include the dragon! :( i hope i don't get points off... :thinking: ^_^ where did you get the doodle? did mandy draw it? :lol:

Here's my entry :smiley:

Title: Waxing Poetically in the Parking Lot...
Disclaimer: None necessary. Why? Because all of this belongs to me, and I would appreciate it if it stayed that way 
...Oh yes I have one disclaimer of a sort, as some of you know – I used to live in Texas…but the character is in no way based on me…
Rating: I’ll say G…it’s quite tame
Genre: Of the drabble variety (though slightly longer)
Spoilers: None…

Alright - this contest is closed as of now, thanks everyone for your entries. We shall be judging them and posting the results soon. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.