Non-Alias Wallpapers

i don't think i've ever done a piece that is not fandom-based. this was made mainly so that people realize why memorial day is actually called memorial day.

credits: thia, 1greeneye, todayspictures.slate.com

memorial9bb.jpg

Hooray for X-3!

A Ryan Gosling wallpaper to share...cuz he's all hot and all.

i can't see your wallpaper, but went to check it out at your site...and i was not disappointed. awesome piece, and i can definitely see your improvement from your earlier pieces. love the popart feel to the gosling piece, especially from the centre piece and the right hand side piece...excellent job.

:woot: OMG ROGUE/WOLVERINE :love: *runns around* Leslie I love you :hug:

Nancee I just recently saw the Notebook, and gosh that man is adorable. :love: Love the piece. I just love the little white boundaries around it all. Awesome piece. Also love the colors. :love:

Caitlin Dude gorgeous gorgeous colors on that piece. Amazing texture use. I've had those textures saved for ages and I haven't come up with anything. Beautiful piece *jealous*

Ethan Very HOT Skate wp. I really like the pics you used ^_^ And that B&W wp is really very awesome. amazing brushwork, great job. Love the colored polaroids...yea. Really well composed piece (y)

A Jennifer Garner WP. I guess it could go under JG Art, but this thread seems to be more active..let me know if you want me to move it ;)

Title: Highway Patrol
Pics: Jen-Garner.net
Brushes: HybridGenesis, MissM, MuseDriven,
Texture: Jems
Lyrics: Highway Patrol

hey, just out of curiosity...do you guys feel like you can't use your wallpaper artwork as your own personal desktop, or that you can't use anyones but your own? i've been wondering for a while, so just thought i'd ask the real artists ;)

^ to your question: i only ever use wallpapers made by my most fav artists - legends of fanart. when they all stopped making wallpapers, i started using my own - i like to make wallpapers that are usable, but i'm getting sick of my own - back to official movie wallpapers for me.

Cynthia: Thanks for your comments!

title: don't f*** with me
pictures: avrilbanaids.com
brushes: 1greeneye, thia, 44 suburbia
texture: thia
fonts: poloroid

avril2le.jpg

texture: whenitcomes
brushes: yumei_k, anais_dirge
Just gotta repeat - I :love: your style so much! Your use of colors, frenetic energy and crazy angles is SO much fun. :D

:woot: OMG ROGUE/WOLVERINE :love: *runns around* Leslie I love you :hug:
omg Cynthia you are so incredible of COURSE you would love Rogue/Wolverine! :lol: :hug: :D I love you toooooooooooooo. ^_^ (P.S. I finally saw X3. Um, yeah, SO AWESOME. :thud:smiley:

hey, just out of curiosity...do you guys feel like you can't use your wallpaper artwork as your own personal desktop, or that you can't use anyones but your own? i've been wondering for a while, so just thought i'd ask the real artists ;)
I use both. I like the fact that I can tailor my own pieces to my particular desktop needs haha, so that helps. I tend to make a separate, private version of my WPs for that purpose only. But then again sometimes I don't think mine cut it, and I actually haven't made many new Wps in a while, so if I find someone else's that I particularly like and that will work with my desktop icons and layout I use that too. :smiley: Sorry if that was a convoluted answer lol. :lol:

I use both. I like the fact that I can tailor my own pieces to my particular desktop needs haha, so that helps. I tend to make a separate, private version of my WPs for that purpose only. But then again sometimes I don't think mine cut it, and I actually haven't made many new Wps in a while, so if I find someone else's that I particularly like and that will work with my desktop icons and layout I use that too. :smiley: Sorry if that was a convoluted answer lol. :lol:

lol thanks for yours (and xinyi's) answer. Since I started making WPs I've been using mine, but like Xinyi I've gotten tired of my wallpapers. Next time I make a WP i really really like, ill prob use it, but for now, i think ill stick to other's creations.
I also fix my WPs up for my own use after I post it here or on my webshots page. Its nice to fit them to suit your needs :P

new ewan wallpaper:
credits:
pics: eccentricity online, ewanmcgregor.net
i forget where the butterfly brush came from, i searched for it on vbrush.

th_2322160640077502500pRtKTY_fs.jpg

its quite possible im getting the hang of this whole wallpaper, collage thing ;)

everyone's wp's are soo good!!

i was just fooling around with photoshop...trying some new things...and then i ended up with this wp (well two variations)...it's a pac wp...the greatest rapper in the world!!...please let me know what u guys think and anything that i can improve on!!...it's greatly appreciated! :D

title: When Ure Hero Falls
pics: google, tupacfans, tupachq, tupac-online
textures: em-agination
brushes: ?? can't remember...

1st variation:
th_pacwp.jpg

2nd variation:
th_pacwpwhite.jpg

Amy, I love your Ewan wallpaper!!!!

I made this some days ago...

Pics: laurengraham.de
Textures: bedazzling