Non-Alias Wallpapers

woah...jillian, love how you produced that tear with brushwork. the sharpening and colour are perfect as well. all the brushwork is awesome and the colours come together so well.

This is uber simple. I haven't made a real WP in a long time, but I made this for my desktop and I like it enough to post. ^_^ Actually I added the text after. My version is sans text. But I like it this way better as an art piece. :D

Pic from mrx.no.... Lyrics by Franz, of course. Walk Away. Yep that's Sexy Lexy. ;) 🤤

th_mrxphotography-alex3cd.jpg

With red continued...

th_mrxphotography-alex3cde.jpg

That one's really cool Les!

and now, another case of 6:00am insomniac art (while listening to AFI)! it's really nothing special, but i was bored & decided to work on my blending.

Title: Death Is A Midnight Runner
Pics: Google, Vampire Freaks
Fonts: Enya, English
Quote: "This Time Imperfect" (poem) by AFI

[attachment=23615:attachment]

dana: that's cool. very unique.

ok, i've never made a notebook piece before, but i've had this one in my head for months. unfortunately, i don't think it's as good as it could be, but it is what it is.

title: crazy love
pictures: rachel mcadams central, rachel mcadams online
textures: thia
brushes: linzeestyle, thia
fonts: georgia, dearjoe 4
lyrics: I'm Feeling You by Santana and Michelle Branch/The Wreckers

First WP I've made in 3 or 4 weeks. I'm happy =]

Title: King of the Road
Pics: foto_decadent (lj)
Textures: Hybrid, 44Suburbia
Brushes: Hybrid, 44Suburbia, Freedwings

OMGFALLOUTBOYLYRICS!!!! *forces self to calm down...*

I lovelovelove the color for that piece! The edges are also very cool, so grungy! And the pictures- you used a lot but it doesn't look corwded or anything. Perfect!

Caitlin - I adore the "King of the Road" wallpaper - it is really gorgeous! the text positioning is perfect (I am a total fruitcake when it comes to good text positioning :blush: ) and the blending is really amazing! I love the little color area creeping into the black and white - i think it is my fave of your walls actually!! Great piece!! (y)

Caitlin: love king of the road. the way you white border brush your pieces is awesome. i love the top right corner the most...the dark colours used and the text/font is perfectly lay out. colour of the piece is awesome.

title: Armageddon.
brushes: soarabovethesky. hybrid genesis. leo. misprintedtype. imagination. ancient-secrets. linzeestyle. (basically the majority of brushes on my comp - went a bit random).
lyrics: leaving on a jet plane by Chantal Kreviazuk.

Caitlin: love king of the road. the way you white border brush your pieces is awesome. i love the top right corner the most...the dark colours used and the text/font is perfectly lay out. colour of the piece is awesome.

title: Armageddon.
brushes: soarabovethesky. hybrid genesis. leo. misprintedtype. imagination. ancient-secrets. linzeestyle. (basically the majority of brushes on my comp - went a bit random).
lyrics: leaving on a jet plane by Chantal Kreviazuk.

ef35lcf x@$()@*_ED" !+_P# *isded* XIN!!! That's absolutely, positively beautimous!!! I adore that movie ( :rolleyes: ) and the piece is kind of sad ( :( ), but it's so sweet, too! The brushwork is just fantabuloso, and the diagonal lines (you have quite a way with those..) love the picture arrangement, as well. The only thing a bit wierd is the grey text that says "I'm leaving on a jet plane". The font and placement is great, but the color is a bit odd. Other than that, it's fantabulastic and i Love it!!

heeeeeeeeeeee i love that movie - sure everyone says its cheesy - but i love cheese :D it is so romantic and I cry every time i watch it!!

I LOEV that scene when they are leaving and the guys all start singing leaving on a jet plane - so funny!!! *giggle*

Ben is SO HOT in the movie too. :thud:

thanks jillian and jems, i also love that movie...and yes so hot in that movie. one of the few movies with ben i love. and it is a cheesy movie, but love that musical scene.

got quite a few non-alias wallpapers as of late. ben hudson (AFL footballer). ewan mcgregor, jessica alba, hayden christensen and jesse mccartney as art subjects.
credits:
brushes: imagination. ancient-secrets. hybrid genesis. leo. vered. missm. linzeestyle.
lyrics: youth group - forever young. santana - just feel better. dj sammy - heaven.

the first is ewan mcgregor. wasn't too impressed with how it turned out. anyway the darker one is the first one, then i brightened the tone. please let me know which is the better of the two, as i'd like to rid of one, but don't know which one.

ben hudson piece. this piece was 'meh'. not in the direction i'd hoped.

jessica alba piece. i was quite happy how this one turned out. the pictures used were just perfect.

hayden christensen piece. i'm not a huge fan of him (or even ewan), but both great art subjects. yet again, great pictures of him make great art. i'm happy with this piece. you may notice a pic from alias in this one - well it's obvious seeing there's not many scene pics.

jesse mccartney piece. hmmm...this piece turned out ok.

Thanks everyone ^_^

I like this one but I want to know if anyone thinks there's to much going on?

Pics: Foto_Decadent
Textures: Gender (lj), arisubox (lj)
Brushes: 77Words, FreedWings, arisubox, anais_dirge (lj), yumei_k (lj), ewanism (lj)

edit: whoops. Forgot to mention the lyrics are by Fall Out Boy

Xinyi - I like the brighter one better. Man, you just crank these babies out! ^_^ They're lovely.

Caitlin - Pretty! :smiley:

Back