Not that I want J.J. to spread things too thin

I've been a lifelong STAR TREK fan. Never liked the new shows as much as the original. Not that I'm stubborn, mind you, because I've watched most of them except for Deep Sleep 9.

These shows were produced by Rick Berman, sort of the JJ of Trek. Except Senator, he ain't no J.J.. For every good thing he's done to Trek he's done a bad thing. His leading Trek away from it's roots of social commentary and emotion into rigid endless space battles has finally killed Trek.

Anyone who's watched ALIAS and now LOST knows J.J. knows how to find this balance. How to make adventure human. If I ran Paramount, I'd beg J.J. to rescue Trek.

Speech over.

(As irony would have it, ENTERPRISE used to be on Wednesday nights. Apparently when they caught word of LOST and ALIAS arriving, they smartly got out of the way. Perhaps too far out of the way...

I agree that JJ would do a great job with the series, but I heard that he is going to making the jump to movies. Tom Cruise has picked him to direct the next Mission Impossible movie.

I also read that he's working on developing a sitcom pilot for Cheri Oteri (formerly of Saturday Night Live.) That seems really bizarre and unnecessary to me. When I think "J.J. Abrams" I don't think "sitcoms." I wish he would concentrate mostly on Lost and Alias and not take on too much at one time.

But if anyone could rescue the Star Trek franchise, it would probably be him. Joss Whedon might not be bad, either.

Yea....I think JJ should just focus on Lost and Alias. I'm scared that if he gets sidetracked....two of my favorite shows may not be as good as they are :thinking:

Not to worry. I'm pretty sure Paramount is looking to give Trek a bit of a rest. ;)

(Actually, I think the move to Friday's was a typical last-chance/graveyard thing. -_- Too bad, too; it's actually been a bit better . . . and after that abysmally trite cliff-hanger, too.)

ew. i hope he doesn't because i hate Star Trek Enterprise. i like the Next Generation and Voyager but the others weren't that great and Enterprise downright sucked.

Garden State said:
ew.  i hope he doesn't because i hate Star Trek Enterprise.  i like the Next Generation and Voyager but the others weren't that great and Enterprise downright sucked.
[post="1221506"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Really? Voyager? I couldn't receive UPN for a couple of years and honestly didn't care because it was only Voyager. But to each his own. Actually, I don't think Mr Abrams has any interest in it. Actually, J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5) expressed some interest in this and went so far as to start an abortive campaign, but heard that Paramount was resting the series--and also, apparently, received an offer, so that's over with. ;)

Back