Not The Same

Title: Not The Same
Summary: Sydney/ Vaughn in high school. Two different people that might actually have something in common.

Wallpaper Made By Me! :lol:
NotTheSameWall.jpg

Chapter 1

The school bell rang to signify the start of another school year. Sydney Bristow walked up the front steps and through the doors, books in hand. She was immediately greeted with the bustling hallway alive with the buzz of students.

She made her way down the corridor, keeping her head relatively down and her beloved books close. Last year some upper classmen thought it would be funny to knock down a quiet freshman’s books. A real laugh that was.

She passed the popular girls, Lauren Reed, Francie Calfo, Amy Tippin, and Anna Espinoza. They were too busy applying makeup and checking out the jocks across the hall to notice Sydney walk by. They were throwing not so secret glances at them and giggling like idiots. Yeah, the jock boys were cute, but they were jackasses.

Eric Weiss was crushing a pop can into his forehead while his friends looked on, cheering. Eric, Will Tippin, Michael Vaughn, and Julian Sark were all members of the basketball team. They ran around school all day, beating up freshmen, hitting on the pretty girls, goofing off, and generally not paying attention to their surroundings.

Sydney noticed just in time before Julian backed up in her direction, almost knocking her over with his backpack. She stepped out of the way as he walked back over to his buddies and they began their nonsense again, completely ignoring the fact that he could have just caused an accident. She kept going, determined not to let it get to her.

For some reason, these were the popular kids. If you looked closely, they weren’t very much better than anyone else. They didn’t get good grades; they spent too much time putting down others to study. Sydney highly doubted any of them had ever picked up a book.

She couldn’t imagine not wanting to read, it was her outlet in life, she could read for days on end if she had the time. Books allowed her to forget about her troubles and become another person. A book would never judge you, like all her peers did. They would probably make fun of her if she told anyone that though.

She went to her classes just the same as last year; it felt no different being a sophomore.

~​

“Dad, I’m home.” Sydney called as she opened the front door to her family’s two story home. She put her backpack down in the front hallway and walked into the kitchen, hungry. She ruffled through the cabinets, not very satisfied with her choices, but she picked out a poptart to eat anyway.

Her father walked into the kitchen, looking cold like he always did. “Hello Sydney, I didn’t hear you come in.” Sydney rolled her eyes, she had yelled. He was just too dense to notice.

“Dad, can I go to the mall tonight?” Sydney knew she wouldn’t be able to go, but she had to put up a mask around her family. He thought she was accepted and had friends. She didn’t, but she didn’t want her dad worrying about her. Not like he would anyway.

“Sydney, I have to go to a meeting, you have to babysit.” As if on cue, Nadia ran into the kitchen, almost knocking Sydney down (second time that day) and jumped into her father’s arms. “Nadia, I have to go.”

“Buhbye.” Nadia replied, kissing his cheek and squirming her way out of his grasp.

“Be good for Sydney.” He left without another word, not saying goodbye to Sydney.

“SYYYYYYDDDDD!!!!!!” Her little sister screamed from her room. She groaned and went upstairs to watch her.

TBC... i have about 12 chapters written, so i'll update once a week or more..... it gets better, i promise.

Interesting beginning :smiley:

I wonder what's gonna make Sydney and Vaughn get closer since they seem to be so different and on opposite ends of the social structure...

Please keep PMing me when you post more

Pm List:

grassyass
KAliasGirl
blknight
freelancer79
aprilsfool6
SydVaughn1001
catfishally
Lor_Aliasfan47
derevkointraining
vartan-lova
Vaughn-a-holic!439
Lovygirl
Lily Ella
tubby

thanks for reading. next chapter will be up monday.

good start!! how old is Nadia??

there is something i don´t understand... i´m not from USA, and high school where i live is so diferent. i mean... theses things i read in these high school fics are really true?? the popular bitchy girls, the jackasses jockers?? the nerds...??is it really like that??
Please , add me to the PM list!!

Back