Nothing Ever changes- How Ever long you leave it.

ok Nancy you got it :D

and I meant to put an A/N at the end about popsicles for non-americans.. but never mind i'll put one if anyone gets confused

thanks ash i'm in awe right now....

So firstly I have to appoligise for this pathetic excuse for a chapter and after such a long time :hide: but this chapter was ment to have something else and what was ment to be a two line exchange in conversation became two pages so I thought i'd give you what i've got here cause it's better than nothing right? :thinking:

thanks for reading. And if you've forgotten everything:

LAST TIME:

Sydney and Vaughn were in a cavern in Russia and had just discovered a hidden box full of bundles of aged paper

Vaughn was the first to open out the papers and what he saw there made him gasp.

Sydney, who had a considerably older bundle, looked at him but then opened her own. She looked at each page in turn her face showing the new pain that each new image brought to her.

“M-Michael.” She stammered looking up at him. He nodded slowly, his eyes fixed on the paper in his hands.

He tore his eyes away and turned to her. Only one word could escape from his tight throat.

“Amy.”

Chapter 29

“What?” she asked taking the papers he was holding and looking for herself. “Oh my god… that’s, that’s Amy… she’s… that’s our house!” she was getting more and more outraged as she continued, there were pictures of Amy in different locations and at different ages. “How... I mean…”

“I know.” His eyes too were transfixed on the pictures of his daughter glaring up at him. “But some of these papers…” he said taking an older one from the box. “I mean these are more than six years old aren’t they?”

Sydney didn’t speak she just nodded and held the papers she had removed out for Vaughn to look at. His eyes widened as he looked at what he was holding. Then both of them as if they couldn’t tare themselves away removed each of the pieces of paper in turn.

By the time the box was empty Sydney’s head was reeling, she could hardly comprehend what she was looking at let alone what it meant.

Vaughn however cleared his head; he had to. Placing everything back in the box he tried to remove the last two photographs from his wife’s hand but she wouldn’t let go. She had been staring at them for what seemed like an eternity.

“Syd.” He spoke softly but there was urgency in his voice “We’ve got to go. We’ve got to get out of here. Now.” She looked up and the look in her eyes spoke volumes that he knew could never be voiced.

“They’ve been watching us Vaughn. Both of us, all of us. Our parents, us, Amy. Look. Look at this!” her voice was hoarse as she held a photo in front of his eyes accusingly. It was black and white and rather etchy but it clearly showed two people; a man and a woman. They were sitting on a metal garden bench. The woman was pregnant and the man had his hand on her stomach protectively as she lay in his lap. “This, this is my parents.” She spat. “MY PARENTS! And this” she said as she held the other up; this was in colour and it was a man and a woman standing slightly apart as they looked out to sea but on closer inspection they were holding hands on the railing surrounding the pier they were standing upon. “This is us! US! We’d only just met here but they have a picture! They have a picture of everything from our birth announcements to you at hockey try outs, me at dance competitions, my mom’s funeral, your dad’s, they have photos of me in places I don’t even remember being- but they have them! They have every little thing either of us has ever done documented here in this box!” she was taking out photographs and cuttings from the box as she spoke as if to illustrate her point but it was just making her more angry. “Michael who the HELL do they think they are? What are they doing? Why, why are they following us like this? I just… who are they?”

“I… I don’t know. Syd I don’t know what to say because I have No Clue who’s doing this- not one. And yes I am as shocked and freaked out about this as you are and yes I want to get whoever it is who’s doing this but ” His voice had been steadily rising as he spoke but now it dropped to a whisper. “now we have to go. We’re going to take all-” he couldn’t bring himself to say it. “ We’re going to take all… this and we’re going to find out what’s going on but first we’re going to get out of here and then we are going to deal with everything but right now we just need to get as far away from here as possible.”

She nodded and placed all the photos back in the box- all bar one which she placed in her pocket. This was the photo of Michael and her standing on the pier because although she didn’t want to think about who had taken it or why, it reminded her of something, something she didn’t want to forget; Michael was there, he would always be there and knowing this suddenly everything she’d just found out seemed less daunting, more manageable because they were going to face it just like everything else they had encountered in the long time since this picture had been taken and they were going to do so together.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok so that's a lot shorter than I thought sorry Ireally will TRY and write (n)

PM list:

Alias Fan Gillian
aLiAsFaN_14
krzykty57789
Jen-Jen
Alias_addict
uasydvaughngurl
A.I.C.
aka32
blualoha
livesonspoilers
cute_as_candy
berry_kyoote_spy88
aliasfreek
vartanaddict247
nattie700
no1secretagent
Ces
alias_mvjg
ALIAS4me
Alias4-ever
vartan-lova
jerseyhartnett
Alwazabrat
ashqua
MARGERITA
secret_agent_angel
stealthy
shotput25ash
German Muse
~VartansGirl~

helpleessromantic
sparklingrainbow
syd26
bubblezk88
aliasgirl89
fire*N*ice
Italian fan
vaughnshoney
Brinne
SYD96
Nancy O

Ugh, what the heck...
Cant they escape the spotlight?
Watching them, all their lives?
Alright, now that is a liiiittle bit freaky...
It was a great chapter though!
I loved it!
And Im so proud that the updates were only a month apart :P
Thanks for the PM
And PLEASE put more up when you can!
-Ash

shotput25ash said:
Ugh, what the heck...
Cant they escape the spotlight?
Watching them, all their lives?
Alright, now that is a liiiittle bit freaky...
It was a great chapter though!
I loved it!
And Im so proud that the updates were only a month apart :P
Thanks for the PM
And PLEASE put more up when you can!
-Ash
[post="1466232"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YEs yes i know i'm bad at updating but i'm trying!!!! and umm i'm glad I made you proud :thinking: thanks ash ur reviews always make me smile :D

ok seriously? wow. i just read this and its awesome!

i feel bad i cant leave abtter review but im in a rush. make ya a deal tho, u update and ill review better! mkay????

anyhoo PLEASE ad me to the PM listy and UPDATE UPADTE UPDATE!

luv Rach xxx 🦋

ok ok rach there was me thinking you have taste- i mean you do those reviews for cai and SHE can write but "awsome" :nonono: this is faaaaaar from awsome

but ur on the list if i ever write more!

I have a :jawdrop: announcement for you: I HAVE WRITTEN A CHAPTER! :eek: :eek: :eek: :blush:

two things prompted me to write this chapter today; firstly a very long and boring history essay i have to write, I mean seriously do I really care who Luther reacted so strongly to the sale of indulgences in 1517? I mean who does? really? Procrastination is great for getting things you've been putting off done isn't it? ^_^

And the second thing that prompted me to write was the realisation that this story has been going on for NEARLY TWO YEARS! - next month it will be two years since i posted the first chapter and when i think about that it's crazy! I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has read this especially those who were there at the begining when it was nothing short of felgercarb. Katy, Ash, this is for you :angelic:

ANYWAY the story:

Previously:

They're in Russia in that cave where they found all the freaky photographs of their entire families from both of their parents since before they were born. :blink: where do I get this stuff? Well on with the story:

Chapter 30

“So did you find anything else apart from this?” Warren asked putting the photos back with disgust.

“Apart! Apart from this! They’ve been following us, Our, our families for the past thirty-five years and you want more!” Sydney hissed.

“Syd.” Michael said warily as he moved from where he had been standing in the door way to sit next to her on the bed.

Once they had left the caves they headed straight back to the hotel contacting Warren en route. By the time they got back he was waiting for them.

“Miss Bristow- Vaughn” he corrected with a small smile “I didn’t mean to undermine the severity of what you’ve found, I just meant-”

“I know I’m sorry.” She said massaging her forehead “I’m just not exactly rational here… we’re in way over your head.”

“We need back up.” Vaughn said simply, standing up and starting to pace.

“This is black-ops. Correct?” Warren asked addressing no one in particular. Sydney nodded. “This was a strictly recognisance mission?” again she nodded. “Well I think it just got stepped up a notch.”

“Ya think?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“CIA secure line. Call your handler.” He said as he threw a satellite phone across the room to her.

She started to dial a number she had long ago memorized before she froze and looked towards Vaughn who had just stopped pacing.

“We don’t know his name?” there was panic and amazement in her voice.

Warren looked confused “Who?”

“He must have said it, I mean he would have.. when we met and-”

“We were too busy trying to prove we were both agent Vaughn.” Michael gulped. “How the hell did we let this happen?” he asked as he started to pace once more.

“If anyone feels like filling me in now would be a good time.” Warren interjected from the other side of the room.

“I need to contact my handler.” She said steadily. He nodded “But I have no idea what his name is, and we’re on our own so we have no contacts set up with him.”

“What do you mean you don’t know his name? How could you have got this far without knowing who he was?”

“They were too busy arguing and scoring points off each other to exchange pleasantries.” Vaughn said with more bitterness in his voice than was strictly necessary.

Sydney was taken aback “Well I’m sorry that I reacted to the fact that the person who’s meant to be responsible for handling our welfare looks like he should still be in grade school. But you were there too Michael- you never thought to ask.”

“No because I was too busy trying to stop you two biting each other’s heads off! And Grade school? Come on! He was hardly that young, he was older than you were when you joined up, or do you not remember?”

“What? Since when did you become his biggest fan? Last time I checked you two were- did you just call me old?” she said standing up outraged. “Cause you know that I’m way younger than-”

“Enough.” Warren shouted standing up so that he was between them. “Clearly mistakes have been made, but right now it’s not going to do any good fighting about them. We need back-up or at least something else to go on, and to do that we need the CIA.” Sydney and Vaughn glared at each other. “Devlin called you in for this- correct?” She nodded. “Then I suggest you talk to him.”

She dialled the number pressing each digit viscously and after numerous security checks and being put on hold for what she deemed to be a longer than necessary amount of time she got through.

“Devlin.” The voice on the other end was gruff and short.

“This is Agent Vaughn and I-”

“What? Bristow have you lost every ounce of knowledge we drilled in to you or was it having a baby that caused you to lose your mind and all semblance of protocol as well? What the hell has possessed you to risk your sorry ass by calling me, rather than your handler in the middle of the night from some good forsaken location – whilst you’re on a black opp.? What the hell do you think you are doing?” he thundered.

“Firstly Director Devlin, My name is Agent Vaughn as it has been for some time, not Agent Bristow as you so like to call me. May I also remind you that you, by which I can only assume you mean the CIA, ‘drilled’ as you put it, no training into me as I was in fact trained by SD-6 if you recall? Recruited by them, trained and working for them, all under you knowledge. And it wasn’t until I had discovered the truth, by which time countless people had died, that you bothered to do anything to get rid of SD-6, and you weren’t even that bothered about looking at my case until Vaughn wouldn’t stop bugging you about it.”

Vaughn smiled but one glare from Sydney and he was serious again as she continued.

“And as to your suggestion that having a child has effected my ability to do this job, could I remind you that it was while I was pregnant with that child that we, and I use that term loosely, brought down SD-6, a task you thought impossible before I and my ‘sorry ass’ showed up. You want to know what the hell I’m doing? Well I’m doing my Job that’s what the hell I’m doing! So before you try and question how I do my job- a job you forced back onto me against my better judgment- have the decency to listen to what I have to say.”

There was silence on the other end of the line and then a grunted agreement.

“Thank you. If you had let me speak before you jumped to conclusions you would have know that I was indeed calling you in order to speak to my handler as you so politely suggested I should have. However due to a lapse in communication we do not have sufficient information to contact him.”

“I’ll put you through.” He said begrudgingly as he pressed his intercom. “Patricia, patch this call through to Andrews. Is that all Agent Vaughn ?”

“Yes. Thank you.”

“Wow.” Warren had an expression of impressed amusement on his face as he turned to Vaughn. “She knows how to get her way doesn’t she?”

~*~*~*~

An hour later after a distinctly ‘interesting’ conversation with the man they now knew to be called Andrews, Michael folded up the map that they had spread out across the bed.

“Right” said Warren getting up and moving to the door. “I’ll see you at the launch point tomorrow morning. Get some rest, you’ll need it.”

The door shut and there was silence. Sydney hadn’t spoken directly to Michael since their fight over an hour previous and she was showing no signs of letting up. Vaughn opened his mouth to speak but she stood up and walked towards the bathroom, the only other room in their hotel ‘suit’, and slammed the door. Michael flopped back on the bed with a sigh.

A moment later he heard the shower turn on but he got up and walked towards the closed bathroom door.

“Syd,” there was no reply “Syd, come on open up I want to talk…please I know you’re not having a shower.” Still no reply. “come on I want to talk to you, please I-”

The door whipped open cutting him off mid-flow and Sydney appeared, wrapped in a large towel and supporting an annoyed look. “What do you mean ‘I know you’re not in the shower’ what gives you the right to-”

“You weren’t though were you.” He said gently, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “Your hair’s dry.” She turned her head away and stuck out her chin defiantly before retreating back into the bathroom.

“Come on Syd, please,” he pleaded following her. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean it to sound like that earlier.” Her jaw remained set as she leaned up against the sink, arms folded across her chest. “If it had been me I would have acted the same as you did towards ‘Andrews’” he said sarcastically, she but her lip “Hey I love the fact you care so much about being called Vaughn, I love you for that, for talking back like you did with Andrews or Devlin tonight; ’cause that’s who you are.” He took a step towards her as she continued to bite her lip, still looking resolutely away. “Come on Syd, I hate when we fight.” He said as he reached out and brushed her shoulder with one hand and her cheek with the other. “And at the moment, with all this happening, I need you perhaps more than I ever have before, Syd please.” She turned to look at him and smiled.

“Why is it I can never stay mad at you?”

“Cause you love me.” He said as he leaned forward and kissed her, trailing kisses down her neck.

“Ah yes,” she said as her lips found his again. “Knew there must be a good reason.”

“So we’re ok?” he asked as he continued to kiss her.

“yeah.” She smiled. “But you so much as imply that I’m getting old and-”

“Syd, old! You are not old. And I would never imply nor even think that. I mean look at you.” He said leaning back and looking her up and down. She laughed. “No one could call that old.” He said with a smirk

“Oi.” She said whacking him round the top of the head. “You Vaughn are getting cheeky!”

“Hey what do you care, we already established that you love me.” He said leaning forward with a kiss.

~*~*~*~

after all the wait I thought I owed you a little fluff ^_^

r&r are all ways good ~ hey quotes may make me write faster :P

second time lucky with the post *fingers crossed*

I have a :jawdrop: announcement for you: I HAVE WRITTEN A CHAPTER! :eek: :eek: :eek: :blush:

“Enough.” Warren shouted standing up so that he was between them. “Clearly mistakes have been made, but right now it’s not going to do any good fighting about them. We need back-up or at least something else to go on, and to do that we need the CIA.” Sydney and Vaughn glared at each other. “Devlin called you in for this- correct?” She nodded. “Then I suggest you talk to him.”

She dialled the number pressing each digit viscously and after numerous security checks and being put on hold for what she deemed to be a longer than necessary amount of time she got through.

“Devlin.” The voice on the other end was gruff and short.

“This is Agent Vaughn and I-”

“What? Bristow have you lost every ounce of knowledge we drilled in to you or was it having a baby that caused you to lose your mind and all semblance of protocol as well? What the hell has possessed you to risk your sorry ass by calling me, rather than your handler in the middle of the night from some good forsaken location – whilst you’re on a black opp.? What the hell do you think you are doing?” he thundered.

“Firstly Director Devlin, My name is Agent Vaughn as it has been for some time, not Agent Bristow as you so like to call me. May I also remind you that you, by which I can only assume you mean the CIA, ‘drilled’ as you put it, no training into me as I was in fact trained by SD-6 if you recall? Recruited by them, trained and working for them, all under you knowledge. And it wasn’t until I had discovered the truth, by which time countless people had died, that you bothered to do anything to get rid of SD-6, and you weren’t even that bothered about looking at my case until Vaughn wouldn’t stop bugging you about it.”

Vaughn smiled but one glare from Sydney and he was serious again as she continued.

“And as to your suggestion that having a child has effected my ability to do this job, could I remind you that it was while I was pregnant with that child that we, and I use that term loosely, brought down SD-6, a task you thought impossible before I and my ‘sorry ass’ showed up. You want to know what the hell I’m doing? Well I’m doing my Job that’s what the hell I’m doing! So before you try and question how I do my job- a job you forced back onto me against my better judgment- have the decency to listen to what I have to say.”

There was silence on the other end of the line and then a grunted agreement.

“Thank you. If you had let me speak before you jumped to conclusions you would have know that I was indeed calling you in order to speak to my handler as you so politely suggested I should have. However due to a lapse in communication we do not have sufficient information to contact him.”

“I’ll put you through.” He said begrudgingly as he pressed his intercom. “Patricia, patch this call through to Andrews. Is that all Agent Vaughn ?”

“Yes. Thank you.”

“Wow.” Warren had an expression of impressed amusement on his face as he turned to Vaughn. “She knows how to get her way doesn’t she?”

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:, i absolutely love it :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: , it was my favorite part,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: , please update as soon as possible :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: ,

thanks 4 the pm ,

Nanda

That was great. :D
I love how Sydney and Vaughn are together.:P
I can't wait for more.
Thank you for the pm.
:surf:

Back