Nothing hurts like love

Title: Nothing hurts like love

Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias or the characters etc.

Summary: When Sydney ‘died’ what would have happened if the Covenant couldn’t condition her? What if the CIA found out what they were planning and they managed to save her? What would have happened?

Ok yes I know! Yet another fic! I just finished writing this and had to post it. It's only 12 chapters, but is sad so I do warn you in advance. But I do love this fic, but then again I love all my fics.
Anyway that's not the point. Please read and review. I would love to hear what you all think. Thanx :hug:
Ali ^_^

Chapter 1

It hit Vaughn like a tonne of bricks. He had finally lost her; the women he loved. She was gone and there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn’t do anything. He just sat there numb in the remains of her house. The fire had destroyed everything. All he had now was memories of his beloved Sydney. Tears trickled down his face as he remembered all the good times they had shared.

*Flashback*

Sydney and Vaughn sat in one of their usual CIA briefings not really paying attention to what Jack was saying. Sydney and Vaughn were sitting next to each other trying not to get distracted but it was hopeless.

They kept looking at each other and as soon as the other one would look the other would turn away. It was like they were teenagers. Luckily no one noticed what they were doing as Jack continued going over the details he had found from his surveillance meeting.

Suddenly Sydney felt something; Vaughn was slowing caressing her foot with his. His foot wandered higher up her leg as a smile crossed her face. She tried to hide it, but Weiss looked at her from across the room. Sydney gave Vaughn and evil glance and mouthed the words “Stop it.” Vaughn did as he was told.

As they exited the room Sydney pulled Vaughn over into ‘the flirting corner’. “What was that about?” She asked.

“What? I was doing anything?” Vaughn said innocently.

“You know exactly what I am talking about.” She said as she poked him playfully in the ribs.

“Oh we are going to play that game are we?” He said as he whisked her up in his arms.

“Vaughn!” She said seriously. “Not here.” She looked into his eyes and knew exactly what he was thinking as he took her hand and they had left the building. They made love all afternoon and ignored all the calls from the CIA, which got them in a lot of trouble. They didn’t care though. It was the perfect day. They just wanted to spend it together. They thought they would have many days like that, but now they would never have that again.

*End flashback*

Vaughn didn’t know how to go on without her. What was he going to do? How was he going to live? Vaughn was completely alone. He had never imagined his life without Sydney; she was his world. He had imagined spending the rest of his life with her.

As he thought about her, he pulled out a small velvet box from his pocket. There were still firemen walking around the apartment searching through the rubble, but they completely ignored Vaughn. He opened the box to uncover an engagement ring with three perfect diamond inset into it. It was simple, yet perfect. It would have looked amazing on Sydney’s slender finger. Now Vaughn would never be able to see it.

He had planned to give it to her when they arrived in Santa Barbara later that day. He had planned everything down to the smallest detail.

*Flashback*

“So are you all set?” Eric Weiss asked his best friend.

“Yeah, I think so. I mean I booked the honeymoon suite at the hotel, all my bags are packed, the CIA know where we are if they need us. Everything is sorted.” Vaughn said positively.

“Vaughn aren’t you forgetting one important thing?”

“What?” Vaughn looked puzzled. “You mean telling Sydney? Don’t worry about that when we get back I will tell her.”

“Well that’s not exactly what I was thinking of.”

“What then?” Vaughn had no idea what he was talking about.

“The RING! You twit. Do you have the ring?” Vaughn just laughed.

“Of course I have the ring.” He laughed pulling out the black box from his jacket pocket and showing Weiss its contents.

“I’m sure she will love it.”

“I hope so. I definitely love her.”

“Vaughn, stop being so mushy.” He said as they both laughed.

*End Flashback*

Back then there was so much promise of what was to come. He was so excited to be asking Sydney to marry him. He was slightly nervous she would say no, but in his heart he knew that she loved him just as much as he loved her. That was what was making loosing her harder. He loved her so much he was just enveloped in his grief.

“The RING! You twit. Do you have the ring?” Vaughn just laughed.

“Of course I have the ring.” He laughed pulling out the black box from his jacket pocket and showing Weiss its contents.

“I’m sure she will love it.”

“I hope so. I definitely love her.”

“Vaughn, stop being so mushy.” He said as they both laughed.
Hahahaha i love V/W banter. lol

Please pm me when u update

Aly xx :angelnot:

Awww thanx guys.
You're all very sweet. :hug:

Pm List

vaughnsgurl4lf
alias=mylife26
ILOVEALIAS27
sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
SydneyAnneVaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
tunita
secret_agent_angel

Thanx guys you're all added to the list. ^_^
Susie - To your question will there be a happy ending?? You will just have to wait and see. :P

Pm List

vaughnsgurl4lf
alias=mylife26
ILOVEALIAS27
sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
SydneyAnneVaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
tunita
secret_agent_angel
vaughnshoney
hawkeye
texasalias2004