Novels

Well, we're reading a book called "Night" right now for English. It's about a survivor of the holocaust who lost everything, so it's pretty sad.

What is everyone else reading?

I just read "I Have Lived A Thousand Years" which was about a girl that survived the Holocaust. One of the best books I've ever read.

Now we're getting ready to start "Of Mice and Men" which everyone has told me is boring. I hope it isnt....

I just read "I Have Lived A Thousand Years" which was about a girl that survived the Holocaust. One of the best books I've ever read.

Now we're getting ready to start "Of Mice and Men" which everyone has told me is boring. I hope it isnt....

"I Have Lived A Thousand Years" is my favorite book. Not because of the atroscities (sp.) committed against the Jewish people, but because of one girl's ability to transcend the most horrible circumstances and survive what she did. ( I felt it necessary to stress that point).

I'm reading Beowulf. shoot me. shoot me now.

I have never read "of mice and men" but i honestly don't think it could be as bad as either Wuthering Heights, or the Scarlett Letter. ihh. the thought of those two books makes me cringe.

We have to read Great Expectations.

And it's a pretty good book, but we have to really annotate the felgercarb out of this novel.

We're halfway done, but when I just got back my novel on friday, I got a 30 as a test grade for my notes on the novel.

And the notes were pretty good. I'm kinda pissed....

-Cassy

ugh...we're reading this book i read in like 3rd grade its called Johnny Tremain and its supposed to ''collide'' with our history class. so now we get to write a paper {which will be a major grade} for both classes. <_< i HATE school. thank god i just have the rest of this week and then im off the week of thanksgiving.

LOVED Of Mice and Men, absolutly adored it. One of my favourites so far I've done for English. Other really good ones: 1984, Animal Farm (Love Orwell), McBeth.

we are reading the play Macbeth right now...
*gasp* i said the name...lol i don't believe in curses

mel

:lol: now now, let's just call it the scottish play :P :lol:

Right now we're doing The Crucible for English and Antony and Cleopatra for Studies in Literature.

Novels' that I've done so far for school:

Of Mice and Men
Animal Farm
Frankenstein
To Kill a Mockingbird
A Midsummer Night's Dream
The Mayor of Casterbridge
Twelfth Night
Farewell, My lovely
Arms and the Man
A Tale of Two Cities
Romeo and Juliet (sorta :lol: )
Ethan Frome
Othello
McBeth
Slaughter House Five
The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby
King Lear
Antony and Cleopatra
Peter Pan
Candide
The Crucible

Will be doing this year:
A Handful of Dust
Hamlet
The Maltese Falcon
A Streetcar named Desire
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Heart of Darkness
A Farewell ot Arms
Wuthering Heights
A Prayer for Owen Meany
The Importance of Being Earnest
Gulliver's Travels

Others if we have time: Major Barbara, The Stranger, Mildred Pierce, The Red and the Black

:mellow:

--Mandy :angelic:

I start reading Beloved as soon as I buy the book.

We've read a ton of stuff, though. For General Listification:
Freshman year:
Romeo and Juilet
Of Mice and Men
To Kill a Mockingbird
Farenheit 451
Athletic Shorts
And some random 'read whatever you want, I don't care' stuff

Sophomore Year:
Whale Talk
All Quiet on the Western Front
Mythology (gag, splutter)
A Separate Peace
Juilus Cesar
Mountains Beyond Mountains
The Endurance
A Tale of Two Cities
Cryano DeBererac
Cry, the Beloved Country

Junior year:
Catcher in the Rye
Huckleberry Finn
The Scarlet Letter

And then you can just mentally add anything that stands half a chance of being on the AP English test for the rest of the year.

Last year we read

The Whirligig
Romeo and Juliet
Huckelberry Finn

This year we're reading
The Odsessy
Our Town

I hated Huckelberry Finn, it was impossible for me to read. :o_O:

Back