Fantasy The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)

Yeah, me neither.
I never actually thought of it as a physical eye...more a metaphorical eye.
But I think you're right...for members of the audience who had never read the books an actual scary eye would be the only way to really portray the fear that it instilled in them.
Interesting point Siri!

superspysyd said:
Brittany said:
lol!  well in the end, the two GROWN men sitting on my right were sniffling too, so...yeah... :P  it was pretty funny.
Yeah, I'm still in shock from seeing it yesterday...most amazing movie...EVER!
But I have to jump in and say that there were quite a few grown men in my showing the were shedding some major tears as well...it was so moving!
Like I can talk...I was weeping like a baby!
yep, it was indeed. It was just the greatest feeling in that theatre too though....you could tell that every person, from middle school to middle age adults, was a truly huge fan. The fact that they were crying just made me cry even more! lol. :rolleyes: is it weird that I like to cry? I love a movie that makes me cry....cuz it takes a lot to do so, it would have to be extremely moving, much like this one!

omg, I soo cried during that too! That was so sad.....*sniffle* The entire battel of helms deep was just really...emotional--'cept for the funny parts between Legolas and Gimli! hehe.

SiriCerasi said:
this movie had me biting myself several times, the ending scene was SO INTENSE!! :thud:
totally!! like, everyone was cracking up at the slow mo laughing and hugging at the Shire when one by one they came through the door....ahhhh, that was hilarious but then I just started tearing up again....."The last pages are for you Sam" uh, so good....and there was so much closure...I just loved it! Seeing Sam with Rosemary and the kids... ^_^ so sweet......*sniffle* it was j-just so happy! waaaaaaaaahahahahah! :P

Brittany said:
SiriCerasi said:
this movie had me biting myself several times, the ending scene was SO INTENSE!! :thud:
totally!! like, everyone was cracking up at the slow mo laughing and hugging at the Shire when one by one they came through the door....ahhhh, that was hilarious but then I just started tearing up again....."The last pages are for you Sam" uh, so good....and there was so much closure...I just loved it! Seeing Sam with Rosemary and the kids... ^_^ so sweet......*sniffle* it was j-just so happy! waaaaaaaaahahahahah! :P
I agree! I was so happy at the ending, the way everything turned out and you left the theatre feeling as though everyone was ok. One girl I was with was sad that Frodo left the Shire, but I wasn't really, because you could tell it wasn't the same for him. I loved the movie so much! Ahh, just thinking about it makes me tear up! Lol!

I know! I just started tearing up too when I was thinking about that part where he leaves....haha, this is too funny. I don't know what I'd do w/o you guys here on AA cuz no one else is as obsessed or touched as much as I am with these things!

OMG!!!! I cried when Haldir died too!!! That bit was sooo sad..!! Went to see RofK yesterday...AMAZING FILM!!! It always makes you sit on the edge of your seat. My friends and ! were sitting smack bam in the middle of the audience and we were like the people who always clapped at the amazing scenes (everyone copied us though)...
My favourite part had to be when Eowyn felled the Elephant, and the dead!!! Those bits rocked..and the bit with Orli and the elepahnt was KOOL too..

i just saw it tonight and all I can say is WOW!!! that was amazing everyone was fantastic especially Viggo Mortenson,Sean Astin and Billy Boyd.ooh and aren't Aragorn,Legolas,Faramir and Eomer so hot.my one favourite part was where Sam saved Frodo from Shelob and the other was when Aragorn and Arwen were reunited I thought that was so cute

yeah i totally agree.....all i gotta say is two words about the movie...

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>TOTALLY AMAZING!!</span>

i luved all the humor..especially the part where legolas hops on the elephant seeming like it's no big deal, killing all the guys on it(counts:34, 35,36), bringing down the elephant, gracefully glides off the elephant, lands, and gimli go's: Well yeah, but that only counts as one! :lol: :lol: haha i cracked up

Another part i like was when Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas were in the caves of the dead-it was SO COOL. And when those orcs meet the ships and they're like:"hurry up" and then Aragorn jumps out with Gimli and Legolas. Then Gimli goes:"ahhhh we can take em". Then the dead guys come swarming out. that was awesome!

Overall I luved the movie, but it still missed a few parts from the book-like the scoring of the shire and how faramir and eowyn fall in love. But some of the scenes in the movie were almost exactly what i imagined they would be! :D

hmm just saw it for the second time, i still think the last battle is too short ^_^ and there are too many potential endings :lol: they should cut some of the huggy-mushy stuff and put in other more important stuff ^_^

eee i love it so muich :lol:

lol, I always loved the competition between Gimli and Legolas(affectionally known as 'Leggy' now by me! :lol: )....that was great...only counts as one..haha. :rolleyes: Leggy's elephant scene was AWESOME! I also wish that we could have seen a bit more of Eowyn and Faramir falling in love but you could tell at the end and it was sweet...I suppose it's better that they focused more on Arwyn and Aragorn :cloud9:

yeah i hope they put in more Eowyn/Faramir in the extended

and yeah i love the Gimli/Legolas competition :lol: "There's plenty for the both of us. May the best dwarf win" :rotflmao:

I saw it yesterday n it was the best one out of the 3 it was great!! Absolutely luved the Legolas n the elephant scene n the bit were Aragon comes with those ghost people, it was great!! 1 thing which was annoyin these girls in the cinema kept clappin n i dont understand why they were it was just irratating, me n my mate were tellin them to shut up!! God but anyway luved gimli n Legolas competition, it was great n the endin was too funny i was cryin with laughter, when Frodo said " Gandolf" n then the other hobbits came runnin in, it was hilarious!! but dont you guys think the endin dragged on a bit??!

Anyway though great movie, might go watch it again!! :D

really? in our theatre I don't think there was anyone that wasn't clapping at certain scenes.....it was overall a great experience...my only regret is that we didn't do the same type of thing on the first day for the other two movies.