Drama Now You See Me (2013)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Now You See Me is a drama that, at it's core, is about using the allusion of magic for revenge. The film stars Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), Mark Ruffalo (The Avengers, The Hulk), Woody Harrelson (The Hunger Games), Isla Fisher (Arrested Development), and Morgan Freeman (Oblivion). With magic as the focus, the movie tries to keep the viewer guessing as four magicians are mysteriously brought together and ultimately find themselves squaring off against an FBI agent (Ruffalo) who is desperate to catch them in the act while a former magician (Freeman) seems to be interfering with everybody.

A mental exercise I like to do while watching movies & TV shows is to guess the big mystery before it is revealed. Being a fan of magic, and with some decent performances by Harrelson & Eisenberg, I fell into the mode of sitting back and just watching the show without figuring out the big reveal until about 4/5ths of the way in. In other words, it was a good 'popcorn movie' to watch; it isn't an action movie like, say, the recent Marvel movies, yet it will keep you entertained.

I'll give it a (y) recommendation for those who like magic and or mysteries without being overly complicated.

NOW YOU SEE ME pits an elite FBI squad in a game of cat and mouse against "The Four Horsemen", a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists.

"The Four Horsemen" pull off a series of daring heists against corrupt business leaders during their performances, showering the stolen profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.

In other words, it was a good 'popcorn movie' to watch; it isn't an action movie like, say, the recent Marvel movies, yet it will keep you entertained.

Fun movie, purely because of the 'magic' element. I thought it got silly towards the end and it somewhat spoiled it. And there is apparently a sequel in the works which is a shame, I thought it was a nice one off film and I don't see the need for a sequel at all.