NY Post - Cool Clothes Encounter at Awards Time

M

Marlene

COOL CLOTHES ENCOUNTER AT AWARDS TIME

By JEFFREY SLONIM

January 25, 2004 -- A CHILL wind blew away what had been a balmy West Hollywood day as W magazine threw a pre-Golden Globes bash in an open courtyard at the Pacific Design Center.

Best Actress nominee Uma Thurman, in a long black coat over a sheer silk dress, dashed from boyfriend Andre Balazs' car, across the parking lot and into the Friday night party co-hosted by Cartier and M.A.C. Cosmetics.
She parked herself on a round white couch where Balazs joined her to warm her up. A lot of rubbing ensued.

Chloe Sevigny wore a summery blue Versace gown that barely covered her, Joely Richardson had on a strapless Alexander McQueen frock and "Curb Your Enthusiasm" star Cheryl Hines - eight months pregnant in a dress by Liz Lange - also had bare shoulders.

But what would everyone be wearing Sunday?

"Deborah Messing will be wearing Isaac Mizrahi," Isaac Mizrahi stated definitively. "She's pregnant and we had four fittings . . . so it's couture, actually."
TV style guru Steven Cojucaru said this awards season was all about "the golden circle: Nicole, Charlize, Uma, the it girls. And it's all about relationships. Renee has had an ongoing relationship with Carolina Herrera. I hear that Nicole may be in Chanel, but she could pay homage to Tom Ford's last collection at Gucci or Yves St. Laurent. Charlize Theron could be in a custom-made dress by Dior."

Stylist Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig, who will be dressing Jennifer Garner and Brittany Murphy, said the trend will be "no black . . . color, feminine, beautiful, elegant."

"I've heard a lot of hinting about exclusive arrangements," said stylist Philip Bloch, who will dress Jim Carrey. "Chanel has an exclusive, Ralph Lauren is working with only one person. . . . And Uma will probably wear a European designer, either Dior or Chanel."

He added he had spotted jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz, who slathers Beyoncé in her wares, showing up at the Peninsula Hotel "with four knee-high safe deposit boxes full of jewelry to show [Cate] Blanchett."

Nice ice.

interesting... I was half expecting Jen to show up in another Ralph Lauren :D
--mandy :angelic:

I'm glad they're saying she won't be in black. She looks good in all colors, but I like the lighter more feminine ones better. I loved the blue dress from the Oscars last year, and the pink one from the ABC 50th anniversary show.

o ya btw.. i was watching et on monday and that coju guy said that he loved jennifers dress or something.. and that how she is developing wonderfully or something well he was complementing her :smiley:

AlIaSMVLuVa said:
o ya btw.. i was watching et on monday and that coju guy said that he loved jennifers dress or something.. and that how she is developing wonderfully or something well he was complementing her :smiley:
yeah, i watched that too and cojo was saying "Jennifer Garner is really emerging" and they showed jen posing for the photographers. jen was simple yet elegant.. (y)

Maria Bello
Kate Blanchat
Christina Ricci

All had the best dresses.

As I said somewhere else...very dissapointed in Jen's choice.
It looked like a poorly put-together, white prom dress and she steped in a pool of ink!
Usually, her taste is good, but this time.......yuck

Worst dresses:

Jennifer Garner
Nicole Kidman
JLO

~~Spongy!

Back