Observe and Report- discuss it

I'm looking forward to it - I loved Jody Hill's previous work, both "The Foot Fist Way" and "Eastbound and Down", and I'll see pretty much anything with Seth Rogen in it. Plus the trailer looks hilarious!

Oh, and even though that link above was dropped with no info on it from the original poster, it actually DOES have something to do with the movie; it's the viral site set up by the studio for Seth Rogen's mall cop squad (the "Special Elite Task Force") in the movie. I love it when studios create something like that, as if the characters were real!

I will watch it... but not at the theater. It will end up on my Netflix queue at some point as I absolutely refuse to spend $40~ or so to watch a movie at the theater any more.

I will watch it... but not at the theater. It will end up on my Netflix queue at some point as I absolutely refuse to spend $40~ or so to watch a movie at the theater any more.

$40?!?!? How much popcorn are you BUYING?!?!? It costs me $9, plus maybe $3 for a soda. (I don't eat popcorn very often, and I'll usually bring candy from home) Going to the movies is one of the few things I regularly treat myself to - much as I love having a DVD collection, it just can't compare to the experience of seeing a film on the BIG SCREEN, the way it was meant to be seen. I love it - especially if a film is in IMAX, but generally any movie I'm particularly excited about seeing, I'll go to the theater opening weekend to catch it.

This weekend it's "Observe and Report" - I'll be there Friday night. After that, there's a loooooooong lull until "Wolverine", which is the next major movie I plan to see. It's gonna suck waiting - "Observe and Report" is the last movie in April that I really wanted to see.

$40?!?!? How much popcorn are you BUYING?!?!? It costs me $9, plus maybe $3 for a soda. (I don't eat popcorn very often, and I'll usually bring candy from home) Going to the movies is one of the few things I regularly treat myself to - much as I love having a DVD collection, it just can't compare to the experience of seeing a film on the BIG SCREEN, the way it was meant to be seen. I love it - especially if a film is in IMAX, but generally any movie I'm particularly excited about seeing, I'll go to the theater opening weekend to catch it.
Well, I'm married so whatever expenses there are can be typically multiplied by two. Plus, depending upon if it is a matinee or a night viewing and if it is an IMAX or normal screen, the ticket prices will vary be several dollars. The cost of one movie outing pays for a few months of Netflix.

Back