Obvious Errors

Title: Obvious Errors
Author: pointblank47
Disclaimer: Alias, the characters, any thing related belongs to JJ Abrams, although I do wish did own it just like everyone else. Hehe.
Summary: This takes place after the Frame. Vaughn tries to deal while staying with Lauren, but is his heart in it. Sydney thinks about a few things. Eventually S/V in later chapters.

Chapter 1:

It is said life is not always easy or fair; you have to take what you get and continue on. There are obstacles that everyone must overcome because life is full of little surprises. You never know what to expect, which was true for Michael Vaughn.

It had been seven months since Sydney Anne Bristow had turned up in Hong Kong; not remembering what happened over a two-year absence from the life she knew before. The last thing she had remembered was discovering her best friend, Francie, was really the other double from Project Helix, Allison Doren. They fought each other and passed out, not knowing what was to come next. Waking up to a site unfamiliar to herself, realizing life had moved on without her. Her boyfriend was married, father in confinement, and Arvin Sloane pardoned for his previous crimes.

Michael Vaughn thought he had put the past behind him. Leading a perfect normal life he had craved until she showed up; things turned upside down then. He could not stand the thought of being away from her any longer. He was reinstated into the Central Intelligence Agency, to keep an eye on her. Also to make himself believe that it was not just a dream, but reality. He had always blamed himself for the night she disappeared, not ‘supposedly died in a fire.’ Once she came back, he was torn between being loyal to his wife and running into the arms of his sole mate. He thought he had made a choice that would ultimately lead to the happiness, but the plans were shattered. Senator Reed died all of a sudden from suicide. Michael had no other option, other than to stay in a loveless marriage while his wife grieved. He thought he was being considerate because he had done the same for a previous girlfriend, Alice Williams, after her father died. He was a person who always worried about others before himself. Although every choice made has its consequences.

It had been two weeks since the whole ordeal. Vaughn sat stood his desk in the rotunda buried in reports and debriefs. Although Vaughn’s thoughts was elsewhere; he thinking about Sydney as usual. His heart could not skip a beat without having her on his mind.

“Vaughn? Hello? Anybody in there?,” Weiss asked as he waved a hand in front of his face. He was so distracted he didn’t even realize that Weiss had been calling his name.

“What?…Oh hey man…uh…what’s up?” Vaughn replied as he came back to his senses. To Weiss, Vaughn looked like he was preoccupied with something else, like Sydney.

“Well I came over here to see if you were available to grab a quick bit to eat before the meeting at two….or do you have plans with that wife of yours?” Weiss asked in sort of an annoyed tone that did not go unnoticed by Vaughn.

“NO…Lauren is in West Virginia with her mother for the week,” Vaughn stated angrily. “Their going through Senator Reed’s belongs.”

“Oh sorry man, I didn’t know,” Weiss said cautiously, treading on thin ice. Weiss had seen Vaughn at his worst, but this was unbelievable. The man was not himself. He looked like he did when he had been told Sydney was ‘dead.’ Those months were hell for him. Weiss knew Vaughn wasn’t sleeping considering the big bags under his eyes. Sydney had told Weiss about how they had planned to reconcile and take things slow between them, before everything came crashing down. He knew Vaughn and Sydney belonged together, but his best friend was a sucker for ladies in distress; thus the problem now. Somehow he had to get them together. No one deserved to be miserable, especially friends of Eric Weiss’s. Although there were flaws in his plan that he could not speak of.

“No Weiss, I’m sorry, its just things aren’t working out as I imagined they would. Well lets go get something quick, alright?” Vaughn replied as he got up from his chair. His body shook a little and he proceeded to stand.

“Have you been drinking?” Weiss asked concernedly. “No, its just the lack of sleep” Vaughn sighed. And heartache that he didn’t mention, knowing full well that Weiss did know.

“Umm…” Vaughn started out a little hesitant, “is Syd around…maybe she would want to join us. Anyways, I really need to take to her. I haven’t seen her much lately since, you know what happened.”

“Weiss?” Vaughn questioned when he didn’t answer. Vaughn’s emerald eyes met with Weiss’s big brown ones, and he could tell he was holding something back. When his gaze darted towards the floor.

“Man, i…I was meaning to tell you this at lunch, well actually a week ago. Hmm…ya know how Syd hasn’t been in all week, and…well” Weiss moved his right hand to the back of his head, squeezing hard, and trying to think of the best explanation possible for this situation.

“Weiss???” Vaughn said again, but those clenched teeth this time. The suspense was killing him and the rage was bubbling over. He wanted to punch Weiss if in the next second he didn’t know what was going on with Sydney.

“Sydney, umm…”

“Sydney, umm…what? Just spit it out god damnit.”

Thanks for so many reviews. Update will be coming soon to a site near you. :P

Here's the PM List:

Bamse
tamminann
syd26
luckylass
Jen-Jen
sydney_alias_vaughn
fire*N*ice
Addicted 2 Alias
Brinne

Chapter 2:

Weiss immediately stepped talking. He observed from the standing point that other individuals in the rotunda had begun to realize something was going on, since Vaughn’s temper had become known. He then knew this was not the place to break the news to his friend. Vaughn saw Weiss glance around the room.

“Where?” he asked in a monotone of voice.
“Huh, oh, over there.” He signaled with his head. Not realizing until it was too late, that the place he had suggested had a lot of meaning. The ‘flirting corner.’ He mentally slapped himself for even thinking of that. And here, now he had to break to his friend something he had been asked not to.

That corner was where Vaughn had unleashed his feelings to the love of his life. Sure after a year and a half of holding in those emotions in they finally were surrendered to. Weiss remember saying that he had to tell her how he felt and in that place he had revealed them and Weiss had dubbed it as the ‘flirting corner.’ Oh how he didn’t want to be in this room, rather this world right now.

Weiss looked at Vaughn, he had a mixture of emotion spread across his face, he knew he must have been thinking of the same moment. Weiss then began to hesitate, “Maybe, we should…”

“No!!” Vaughn yelled. He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat. “I want to know where Syd is.” “Now quit stalling.”

“Okay, okay.” “Jeez…”
They proceed to the closed-out corner. There Weiss looked around again.
“Alright, the coast is clear.”
“About a week ago I went to her place for Chinese night.”

“What?” Vaughn said in complete shock.

Weiss picked his eyeballs up from the square he had been concentrating on while speaking.
“Listen, you told me to look after her. Make sure she wasn’t going to do anything irrational. You wanted by weekly reports and…

“Enough already. Just get on with it.”

Here he was jealous again, even of his best friend. Not that he got to see whenever he wanted to, but he got to do things they normally did as a couple. Chinese night was something they only did on Fridays after a long mission. He would usually order the food, while she soaked in the tub with a glass of red wine. At least she still could do those things, even if they were with someone else. Lauren hated Chinese and he was glad for it. Something more special to just be a memory between Sydney and him, except Weiss shared that memory as well now.

“After I entered the front door because she usually kept it open for me. I yelled out to her, but there was no response. Instead I found a note on her computer that was encrypted. So after some help from Marshall’s gadget, the decoder, it told me to go to the pier. Underneath a bench, I found this letter.” Weiss reached into his front pocket of his suit jacket and revealed a small sea-blue envelope; it was torn at the seal and slightly crumpled.

“Here, this is what you need to read to find out what happened to her, but you can’t tell Jack I gave this to you. I don’t need to be another collectible item on his living room wall.”

“Wait, Jack knows about this?”
“Man, believe me he knows everything, however he made it clear to me that he didn’t want you knowing. So I’m begging you, keep this under wraps and low key.”
Vaughn nodded his head in understanding.
Weiss then hands Vaughn the package of information.
“Alright, I’ll see you later and keep that out of Jack’s sight.”
Weiss pats him on the back and leaves the corner.

Vaughn stares at the light blue, slightly-sealed package. In his hands contained precious information of the whereabouts of Sydney Anne Bristow. God all he wanted to do was tear it open and find out, yet something kept him from doing so. His mind began to think of why he had not been told in the first place. He was the cause of her doing this. She could be anywhere in the world or dead perhaps. Wait a minute, she couldn’t be dead could she? There would have been news or had Jack covered that up, just like he always does. The star still remained on the front wall of the rotunda of the agents who had served their country to the best of their ability.

All of a sudden, he heard a beeping noise that broke his reverie. It was his cell phone going off as usual. He had two sounds the phone made, one for work/ friends and one specially set aside for Lauren. And guess which one it was.

He reached into his front pocket of his suit pants and pulled it out. He watched it as it vibrated and rang at the same time. What does she want now? He thinks to himself. Isn’t it bad enough I chose to stay with you. He looked at the paper in his left hand and then the phone in his right. I’ll wait until I have some privacy to do this. He presses talk.

“Hello” he answered.
“Love? You there?”
“Yes Lauren I’m here.” Although I wish I was somewhere else entirely.
“Oh I couldn’t hear you for a moment.”
“Sorry, my throat is a little dry, I think I’m catching a cold that’s going around.”
“Well then I’ll make you my famous chicken soup when I get home” she chirps. Oh great, something you get from a can in the store, unlike Sydney who actually makes real chicken soup.
“I can’t wait,” he responds a little sarcastically.
“When are you coming home by the way?” he asked.
“I’ll be home tonight, because mum and I are done with father’s estate so far. But that’s not why I called. <Long pause>
“Lauren?” he questioned.
“Michael…I don’t know how to tell you this and didn’t know if I should wait or not. Maybe I should just tell you. Michael……I’m pregnant.”
His eyes grew wide at that statement.
“What?” he immediately says stunned and infuriated at the same time.
“Are you sure? Your certain right?” he asks alarmed.
“MICHAEL!!!!” she yells.
“Yes of course, I went to the doctor and everything. They confirmed it. I’m pregnant. And I thought that you might be at least happy that you’re finally going to be a father” she says annoyed with his reaction.
“Lauren I have to go.” <click> He hangs up on her before you can get another word in edge-wise. The phone drops to the ground.
The words are still ringing in his ears. Pregnant, is the only thing that is circulating up there and yet it still hasn’t sunk in all the way.

He feels as if the world is going on without him. Lightning has struck him and blown all the air out of his lungs. He feels suffocated. He needs air.

Weiss sees him as he begins to walk out of the corner. “Man, Mike, hello.” Weiss jogs after him. He grabs his shoulder and turns him around to face him. “Did you read the letter?” he questions. “Hello anyone alive. The letter wa…whoa you don’t look so good.”
Vaughn is in a state of shock. “Man we’ll…”

Vaughn cuts Weiss off. “Lauren’s pregnant.” He just blurts it out.
Weiss just stands there and completely still. Same reaction as Vaughn’s earlier.
“She said she was positive.” “I don’t know what to do.”

“This can’t be happening, not now,” he exclaims. He rakes his left hand through his tousled hair. “What am I going to do?” he panics. He begins to walk around in a circle.
“What am…I…going to do?” he tears out from his throat a second time. His body starts to shake, he reaches for the wall to hold himself steady, but collapses to the floor instead.

Weiss immediately yells out for someone to get paramedics as he tries to wake his friend up.
Could the life for Michael Vaughn get any worse than this and he hasn’t even opened the letter.

Enjoy!!!! :P

ooh i want to know wat the letter says
im confused to whether the letter is good or bad

first time ive ever been the first to reply
awesome

thanks for the pm

Tammin

ok she definately better not be pregnant with his baby
it better be someone elses or she better be lyin
wither way great chapter :D
thanx for the PM
can't wait for more
update soon :smiley:

OMG!!
How could you leave that there??
That was sooooo evil!! :whip:
WHY IS THE COW PREGNANT!!??!! Why would Lauren be pregnant?? She is evil!! How does he know it is even his? It could be Sarks?
And Vaughn still hasn't read the letter! I really need to know what happened to her! Make him read the letter!
Can I get a pm when you update? :Please:
Update soon.

Update coming soon. :P

Here's the PM List:

Bamse
tamminann
syd26
luckylass
Jen-Jen
sydney_alias_vaughn
fire*N*ice
Addicted 2 Alias