Obvious Errors

Okay, I'm aiming for the end of the week with an update; so get ready.

PM:
Bamse
tamminann
syd26
luckylass
Jen-Jen
sydney_alias_vaughn
fire*N*ice
Addicted 2 Alias
Brinne
spydancer
Alias_rocks_87
Sydney L Bristow
Crazy for Alias
secret_agent_angel

Oh no!!! This absolutely can't happen
Lauren pregnant?? What's in the letter???
I'm dying here.
Please add me to your PM list.
Thanks.

Oh no!!! This absolutely can't happen
Lauren pregnant?? She has to be lying.
What's in the letter???
Please add me to your PM list.
Thanks.

Hey Guys here's the latest chapter and it does contain the long awaited letter. :woot: Hope ya enjoy!!!

Chapter 3:

It had been three hours since Michael Vaughn’s collapse at the Rotunda. He had been rushed to the UCLA Medical Center and was currently residing there. Eric Weiss, along with Marshall and Dixon, had accompanied him to the hospital, and waited for an explanation as to his condition.

In a small waiting room filled with occupied chairs of people waiting treatment, were three agitated men. Nothing like this had ever happened with the exception of Marshall’s announcement of fatherhood. But that was different, it was Marshall after all, who wouldn’t expect him to fall over.

Marshall sat in an open chair next to a blood shot, wide-eyed man who looked to be high on life and much more. Dixon just paced across the floor, shaking his head from side to side, trying to come up with a logical explanation for the current events that happened prior this morning around nine.

Weiss, on the other hand, was on the opposite side of the room in a small alcove. It contained vending machines with soda and candy, nothing healthy just all junk food. He stood in front of the piece of equipment grumbling about how the stupid thing was; it ate his money yet again. He just had to press his luck. What a rip off! Deciding he’d had enough its of games, it was playing with him. He glanced around and then through his entire weight into the damn machine. Finally it cooperated then, giving him a generous amount of everything others lost.

“Ha…now that will show you, never mess with the man.” Weiss just laughed as he pointed to himself in reference as to who was the “Man.”
“Hello, Mr. Weiss.” As each syllable rolled off the tip of his tongue, it made Weiss’s hair stand on end.
That voice, by far, was the most spine chilling of them all; whenever it was that cold, precise, straight to the point tone, you know your on death row from that moment on.

Just play it cool. Relax. He can’t hurt you in broad daylight with so many witnesses around. Or then again he could. He was clever man after all. “Uh…J…Jack, what a pleasant surprise to see you here. Did you come to see how Mike’s doing?” There, that probably why, right?

“Mr. Weiss, please contain yourself, you look as if someone’s holding a gun to your head.”

Oh my god, he knows I’m panicking. He probably can see the little specs of sweat forming on my forehead and cascading down my face. Weiss takes his hand and runs it along his brow, causing his sleeve to dampen.

“Come with me.” Jack says in a even tone. His steel poker face forms a slit grin and adds, “I’m not going to kill you…YET.”

Weiss follows Jack as he leads him out of the alcove and down a distant off white hallway, weaving through the doctors and nurses. All of a sudden, Weiss is grab by his front collar and yanked into a pitch-black room. He is up against the wall before he can even grasp what’s going on. The only sound in the entire room is the latch on the door making a soft “click.”

“Hel…” his plea is muffled with someone’s hand covering his mouth. I’m going to die. Help me.
“Did you give him the letter?” Questions the dark, shady figure. His eyes frantically scan the room and meet up with the stranger’s.
“J…Jack.” He just stares at him. “Weren’t you just…” He indicates with his fingers pointing to the door.
“Mr. Weiss,” his tone is raised to a moderate threatening level, “shut your mouth and focus.”
“Did you give him the letter; yes or no?”

“Yes, I did…but…” Weiss began, “why are we doing this?”
“It is the means of protecting my daughter. Agent Vaughn, your friend, does not have his life on track. Here he has a wife and now a child on the way. He thinks he is in love with two people. Sydney shouldn’t be torn in the middle. He moved on and never waited. I, on the other hand, waited for my wife; until I found out she was a double-crossing unhanded traitor. Mr. Weiss, you are her friend. What we did is right; you will see that one-day.”

He just stared blankly and nodded with guilt on his mind. Yes it was true, he was Sydney’s friend, but he was also Mike’s.

“But…Are you sure?” He didn’t realize those words had flew out of his mouth until it was too late.
Jack had been on his way out with he heard that, he immediately whipped around. In a flash he had Eric a death grip around Weiss’s neck and was in his face.
“You have the audacity to question my judgment for my daughter. You sir, are out of line. If you ever do that again, I will personally take pleasure in killing you. Do you understand?” he said so smoothly.
Taking whatever air he could into his fight lungs, he nodded his head.
“Good, I’m glad you finally figured that out.” He released Weiss and left.

He couldn’t believe Jack was that cruel until that moment. Jack had found out about the letter Sydney left Michael and had coerced Weiss to give him another letter instead of the original. Weiss wasn’t going to do what Jack told him, even if death was on the table. He had given Mike the real letter, but the only problem was how long until Jack found out.

The Waiting Room

When Weiss got back, he saw Mike’s doctor talking to Dixon and Marshall. As he approached, the doctor departed.

“Hey, what’s up?” inquired Weiss.
“What happened to you?” Marshall asked “You…hmm…uh…look terrible.”
“Thanks for noticing.” Weiss said sarcastically.
Marshall held his hands up in defense. “Hey, I didn’t…”
Dixon chimed in then, “Vaughn is fine. He’s recovering in ICU and really needs rest, but the doctor said he had to sedate him, because he was hysterical and wouldn’t listen.”
“Okay.”

Dixon eyed Weiss up and down. “The doctor said he was mumbling about pregnancy? Do you know anything about that?”
Weiss breathed out a deep gush of air. “Lauren’s pregnant or so she says.”
“What? Are you kidding?”
“Nope.”
THUD.

Both Dixon and Weiss look at the floor with Marshall lying flat on his back.
“Guess the word pregnant really gets to him.” Weiss gestured to Marshall.
Dixon just smiled.
“When can we see Mike?” Weiss asked.
“No one can see him, except a family member at this time.”
s***. “How come?”

“Doctor Stevens says he needs rest and there are forms to be filled out. You can see him when Lauren gets here.”
“She’s coming.” Double s***.

“You can wait here or come back to work, you’re call.”
“Guess there’s no point in waiting around. Here let’s get Marshall up.”

Thirteen Hours Later

In a small, pale blue room contained a bed with Vaughn lying in it. He was hooked up to an oximeter to watch his heart rates and blood pressure. It was attached to his index finger with a cord to the cardiac monitor. All of a sudden the numbers going to the monitor skyrocketed.
Vaughn jumped up in bed yelling and instantly there was comforting hand at his side. Soothing words cooed into his ear. He didn’t recognize the voice, or the touch of the hand on his back. It wasn’t Sydney.

“Can you open your eyes? Are you alright?” came an elegant voice.
He slowly prided his eyes open and there the nightmare stood. He snapped the lids shut again. He tried a second time, but it was no use it was still there.
“It takes some getting use to the light again, when you’ve been sleeping so long” she replied softly.

“What time is it?” he choked out. “Oh don’t talk. Take your time.”
She grabbed a glass of water and helped him slip the refreshing liquid into his mouth.
“It’s one in the morning. Sixteen hours since you fell. I was so worried I rushed to the airport and got on the first flight I could get. I wasn’t aware the pregnancy would make you go weak at the knees” she said smiling from ear to ear.

“Lauren, I…I guess I was just stunned about it that’s all.”
“I was too, but I’m so excited Michael. Aren’t you?”
“Lauren…” he trailed off as Dr. Stevens entered.

“Hey man, how are you feeling?” he questioned.
Vaughn looked at Lauren to him. “Fine, just tired.”
“It was a pretty big shock to hear you went down so suddenly. But Congratulations is in order. You’re going to be a daddy.”
“Thanks” he urged out of his mouth, unpleasantly.
“Well let’s do some tests?”
“Okay.”

After all the test was completed, the doctor left telling him he could go home tomorrow. Big WOW.
Lauren’s cell rang all of a sudden. She answered it and told them to hang on a sec.
“I’ll be back tomorrow Love. Sorry I can’t stay, too much work to do. Sleep well though.”
“Bye.”
She leaned in and tried to kiss him, but got his cheek instead as he turned. Her temper shock then, she knew he was acting rudely towards her. “Lauren, they’re waiting” he said smiling at the phone.
With a huff she backed off and left. “I love you, Michael” she said as the door shut.
“You too” he grumbled back. Soon sleep over took him again.

At about 4:47, he was shaken awake by a big shove to his side. He gradually eased himself up and opened his eyes; no one was in the room. The glow next to him lit up the entire room. Then he looked down. It was the grayish-blue enveloped Weiss had given him. How did it get there? He had dropped it, when he fell right?

He slowly picks up the envelope and opens it. Inside are two folded pieces of paper. One a greenish-white color folded once and then the other a professional ocean blue divided long ways with a gold seal on it. The greenish-white said “Read this one first.”

He unfolded it and read:

Vaughn-
I left this letter in a place where Eric could find it, and ensure that you got it. This is a way of me clearing the air between us. As you probably have guessed its easier to do it this way, without making a public scene. I don’t think I could have handled doing this in person. It may seem cowardly, but it’s the best I can give at this point. I swallowed my pride in order to send this letter to you, I wasn’t even planning on doing that much, but you deserve an explanation. I’m not doing this as a courteous to you or me; I just need to get this stuff off my chest. I have written bits and pieces in a journal since I’ve come back and decided to formulate it into a letter. The last time I died you never got anything except a burnt picture frame or Allison’s remains composed as mine. I want you to know my last words and not tear yourself up for what’s happening. You deserve to have a normal life, just like I always dreamt. It was one thing we always longed to have with or without each other. I want that just as much as the next person, but it’s not possible. This is my good-bye to you.

His emerald eyes were somewhat watery that they stung and slowly a tear traced the line of his cheekbone on down his face. However he didn’t let that stop him. He tore the seal on the other letter and began to read it as well.

In her perfect, legible handwriting she wrote:

This is my letter to you; everything left unsaid.

Dear Michael Christopher Vaughn,

Two years have passed, but I will never forget how we first met. On October 1, 2000, I walked through the doors of the Central Intelligence Agency and crossed over an inlaid granite seal standing for strength, trust, and ally. Strength to increase power and eliminate weakness. Trust to have faith in and feel secure. And an ally to place to put confidence in and unite for a purpose. I found all those things when I met you. I used to think that no one ever could understand me and never would. But you challenged me and were the gate way to unlocking me. You provided me with a safe haven for years, but all that change. Everything was turned upside down and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

That night I “supposedly” died, something died in you. The light burning in your eyes died as well. I lost you and you lost me, but we both lost a great deal of love when that happened. Our completeness turned to emptiness. You changed after my disappearance. Weiss told you, you drank continuously, and dropped off the face of the earth. You nearly killed yourself because of it.

I’ve wished a thousand times over that I could go back in time and change the outcome of things. However you can’t live in the past, but the future; it holds your destiny. My fate has come to allow you to live your life in peace and away from me. But it will be hard considering who you are. You were my escape and my survival for those first two years we spent together. I remember when we be came a couple, we couldn’t keep our hands to ourselves. We craved each other’s touch. I could always make your heart race and skip a beat. We used to kiss and touch each other for the shear joy of pleasure of it. We couldn’t wait to be in each other’s arms, feeling safe and happy. Also there was a fire that lit in your eyes whenever you saw me walk into a room. You loved it when I would whisper in your ear as we walked down the street together. We would stare at the stars in the middle of the night when neither of us could sleep. You would sing a soft melody until I yawned and feel a sleep in your arms wrapped securely around me. However our lives together, are over. We cannot dwell in the past. We have to start over with new lives.

Yet I’ll always remember this: you are My Guardian Angel. I always believed people were brought into your life for a reason; a way in which to guide you through obstacles. Those people were called angels to me. You looked after me and we defied the odds of everything so many times in life. However we couldn’t overcome the simplest one of all and ever since I came back there is distance between us and no other way to describe it. And I really think it should remain that way.

Clouds of darkness have shadowed over me; the lightning strikes in different directions never in the same place twice, yet it’s continual in my life. I am not the same person I was two years ago, even though it feels like yesterday to me. I need to find myself again. I’m in a situation I’d never thought I’d be in. I sit alone at night and wait as my calm state of mind turns into a tidal wave of emotion. Tears run down my face constantly, but I need to gain control of my life again. I have certain days where life will feel normal for a split-second, but then everything comes crashing down again.

I know my father asked you to stay away from me months ago because he thought you were hurting me. Please don’t think you were clever in disguising what was going on because you never could hide anything from me. I could always read you like a book, as you could me. But I hope that goes away in time. I know you reinstated yourself into the Central Intelligence Agency to just make sure I was there, but for you to avoid me is not something you did lightly. That only person who ever made you jump whenever he walked into a room was my father. He has a tenancy to scare the living s*** out of people. Kendall is no longer here and even in those days you could hold your own against him. I know my father told you that in means of protecting me, and right now I am grateful for that. It will help me forget about you and my past that I am leaving behind. I no longer want to be Sydney Anne Bristow. The journey I have taken in life sometimes seems very long, as if it’s stretching and bending, but no in the ways I want it to go. I will truly miss you and everyone I’m leaving behind. I have spent my life waiting, and not living, but it’s all about to change for the better. Good-bye Michael Vaughn. As Sydney A. Bristow, I never got to tell you the one thing I wanted to say, “I LOVE YOU.” This is not your fault for my decisions and please don’t come after me, you’ll never seen me again.
Sincerely,
NO ONE OF IMPORTANCE

The doorbell is ringing throughout the house. Two soft chimes. She casually looks through the peephole and then pulls the door open.
“Hello, my Jacob Harris” the man replied with a genuine smile playing on his lips. “I live right next door to you and thought I might introduce myself.”
“Hi,” she responded shyly, “I’m Victoria Roberts, but everyone calls me Tori.”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you” he said. This man had the most extravagant piecing sapphire eyes, she’d ever since. She was spellbound the moment she laid eyes on him. Who was this mystery man?

Hope no one is on the verge of tears. :lol: Review and tell me what ya think. :P

secret_agent_angel said:
:cry: i'm sad now
why can't vaughn and syd just be together???
and why is lauren pregnat???? that is NUTS!!!!
[post="1401647"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Lauren's pregnancy will be revealed in the next few chapters, and there will be a big surprise to it. :D

OMG!
I can't believe Jack made Eric give him the fake letter!
I'm glad Eric gave Vaughn both letters.
It's so sad though! :cry:
I don't want Sydney to move on!
I don't want Lauren to be pregnant!
Make ot all better. :Please:
Thanx for the pm
Update soon

Author's Note: I have been really busy with college life, and my personal life that I have not been able to write alot on this story. I don't know if I really want to continue with this story line or start some new stories I have in mind. If anyone has feedback as to what they think I should do, please give me some advice. Thank you.

Back