Sci-Fi Occupation: Rainfall (2021)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Occupation: Rainfall

Tagline: Take a stand.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action

Director: Luke Sparke

Cast: Dan Ewing, Jet Tranter, Temuera Morrison, Ken Jeong, Jason Isaacs, Daniel Gillies, Lawrence Makoare, Dena Kaplan, Vince Colosimo, Katrina Risteska, Erin Connor, Trystan Go, Mark Coles Smith, David Roberts

Release: 2021-10-15

Runtime: 128

Plot: Two years into an intergalactic invasion of Earth, survivors in Sydney, Australia, fight back in a desperate ground war. As casualties mount by the day, the resistance and their unexpected allies, uncover a plot that could see the war come to a decisive end. With the Alien invaders hell-bent on making earth their new home, the race is on to save mankind.

Occupation: Rainfall is a 2020 Australian science fiction action film written and directed by Luke Sparke. It is a sequel to the 2018 film Occupation.

Two years into an intergalactic invasion of earth, survivors in Sydney, Australia, fight back in a desperate ground war. As casualties mount by the day, the resistance and their unexpected allies, uncover a plot that could see the war come to a decisive end. With the Alien invaders hell-bent on making earth their new home, the race is on to save mankind.

I watched this after watching some pretty bad movies. It played for 15 minutes till it caught my attention and held it. I had to watch it again so I could see the parts I missed and to study the film.
It was an unexpected gem.

I also watched Occupation again.

A group of misfits form a home grown resistance army after their small Australian country town is enslaved by an extraterrestrial force. Together they form the human rebellion in a battle for the survival of their group. They progressively find more members to join and form a small community in the Australian bush. Finally they team up with the remnants of the Australian army for the final conflict that will have a drastic impact on not only them but the whole world.

I've yet to watch both in order but its on my 'towatch' list.
I'll be making a set of it once I watch both together.
I feel Occupation Rainfall: Chapter 1 is a great addition to science fiction.
Certainly worth watching.
Occupation 2018 isn't bad either.
There's probably going to be at least a third film in the set.
Given the ending ending and what it implies.
I recommend both!

FYI for anybody else who catches this one on Netflix (or wherever you catch your movies) ... this is really "Chapter 1" of the planned movies, be prepared for not getting an ending.

If you can, try to watch Occupation first. Occupation is the low budget movie that sets up general premise of the invasion while Occupation: Rainfall is the bigger budget take. Rainfall can be watched without watching Occupation but if you watch them in order you'll notice some returning characters and tech.