Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Office Soda Machine

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Kevin, May 20, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

I now have this sitting on my credenza in my work office... think anybody is going to notice? :D

The weird part is that I can't remember where it came from. It had been sitting, new still in the box, in my garage for a few years till I finally decided to do something with it. Normally we aren't supposed to have electrical devices brought in from home but I figure nobody will notice. :cautious:

View attachment 1129

Attached Files:

2. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

I want it!

3. Kevin

So I come into the office this morning and it seems to have died at some point over the weekend. I tried unplugging it, leaving it off for a bit & turning it back on, a gentle shake.... nothing.

It died all alone over the weekend in an empty office with the lights turned off. :(

4. actionavenue

actionavenue Artist, Cartoonist and Dude

Too bad it died!! It is a cool looking machine. I think the retro look for appliances, furniture, etc. is one of the better marketing strategies that manufactures have utilized. In my own mind, I also have a sense of nostalgia, even if the actual time period being depicted is before my time, so to speak.

5. Persht

Persht Ensign

That looks cool! It probably needs more of that freezer chemical stuff that you have to have a license to add and remove (HVAC?) >.>

It's still a cool piece. I'd use it even if it kept room temp cokes lol.

6. Kevin

So far no luck finding a replacement power supply for it; apparently it is an odd piece that is not commonly used for these types of small cooler units. :(

Things are starting to calm down around here so I'm hoping to spend some more time working on finding a replacement.

7. Persht

Persht Ensign

wire it up yourself! lol just match up the wattage/voltage whatever. That's what I've done for a few objects. As long as the proper power is being met and regulated i believe it should be fine....

*then again you leave it at work. Would be a shame to come back to ashes....*