Offline Games

Anduril

Cadet
So what is it that's keeping you busy offline?

As I have most of my stuff packed away until after I get back from England, all I have is my trusty PC to keep me entertained.
So lately I've been hitting the discount PC game bins and actually found some enjoyment from games I didn't think I would, Especially Knights of the Old Republic. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan by any stretch, I tend to find hte movies a tad boring, even though the lore is so very rich. But I've found a lot of enjoyment with this game, kind of makes me think: "wow, this is what Baldur's Gate should of been."

offline?!? what's that?

If I happen to be offline, and I'm such a geek that I must be online at all times, then... I can usually be found wandering the Phoenix Mountains, hiking or in the South Mountains, just south of Phoenix. Or visiting family to the north.... other than that, I'm online. Playing WoW, building websites, or tinkering with someone's web server.

~ Jar

Anduril said:
So what games are keep you busy offline?

lol, fixed.

I'm sure we all have other activities that keep us busy, as a matter of fact I have about 5 rolls of film I need to get developed :confused:
NGrowing up in mostly temperate rainforests, wasn't sure I was goign to like the ponderosa/scrubland landscape of this area, but I've gotten used to it and found so much of it very photogenic. :smiley:

KOTOR was pretty cool. Once I played KOTOR II, though, I couldn't get used to the feel of KOTOR again...

I played Suikoden IV a couple months ago. It was pretty good, but it's replay-ability is... Well, I'll put it this way: Once I saw the ending, I just kind of sat there for about an hour and a half... :(

Anymore I don't really have anything to take up my time. I've mostly been posting on a couple of different forums, but, really... I'm waiting for Phantasy Star Universe, but that won't be out for a couple of months. It does contain a rather lengthy offline game, so that'll be taking up my offline time once it comes out. Other than that... Ehh. *shrug*

Kuzzle said:
KOTOR was pretty cool. Once I played KOTOR II, though, I couldn't get used to the feel of KOTOR again...

I played Suikoden IV a couple months ago. It was pretty good, but it's replay-ability is... Well, I'll put it this way: Once I saw the ending, I just kind of sat there for about an hour and a half... :(

Anymore I don't really have anything to take up my time. I've mostly been posting on a couple of different forums, but, really... I'm waiting for Phantasy Star Universe, but that won't be out for a couple of months. It does contain a rather lengthy offline game, so that'll be taking up my offline time once it comes out. Other than that... Ehh. *shrug*

THat's kind of the sad thing about a lto of games, they give you a lot of whiz-bang, but the ride is only really good once. :( Going through a game again using a different skill-tree route doesn't exactly scream "replay" to me, as that's what alot of RPG's seem to offer as far as replay modes.
Take DS2 for instance, once you beat the game you can...play it on a higher difficulty level with all your items, levles and party members intact!
In the words of every iconic RPG hero ever made: ". . ."
PC games have the option of Expansion Packs, which, sadly, some devs never really take full use of.

I like variety so I mix it up when offline.
I'm playing through Suikoden I&II since my pal finally found his disks and was kind enough to lend them to me. That's to get my RPG / good story itch taken care of. I've been playing Battlefronts II quite a bit as well. I'm not much of a Star Wars geek either, but I really enjoy the field combat in the game. I still dabble with Half-Life 2, Age of Empires III, and Oblivion as well on the ol' PC.

I primarily stay with online games but two I have been playing offline are:

Rome: Total War (Can't wait for Medieval 2: Total War!)
Tiger Woods 06' (Getting boring now... ba-leted! /homestar)

The only game I have really ever played offline was Diablo2. While I did have a lvl 88 battlenet char, sometimes I just wanted to play alone.

Now that you mention it, I kinda miss my ice sorc :(

I am still obsessed with Suikoden I, Suikoden II, Suikoden III, Suikoden IV... I've yet to play Suioden V..... II was my all time favorite, and III was pretty good as well... IV.. was different.. I (1) started off my obsession......

That sounds like my sister.

I bought Suikoden I thinking it would be good, and ended up completely hating it, so I pushed it off on my sister. To this day she has an almost sickening obsessions with Luc. She even goes to conventions dressed as him, although lately she's taken to other male Suikoden characters.

I'm more of a Manhunt kinda girl. I almost bought it yesterday, but instead I got all six Chobits DVDs for 26 bucks. Gamestop has a killer sale right now for movies.

Does anyone know if Bully is any good, or even what it's about? My boyfriend and I were wondering, and my sister said she looked up some stuff about it but she couldn't tell me what the game was about. I don't really feel like looking it up right now.

YAY! More Suikoden fans! <3 <3 <3

As for Bully, I dunno, to me it just seems too much like GTA: Schoolyard Tales, I've actually gotten to the point where I'm like:

"Oh look, another anti-hero sandbox game from Rockstar." I'm pretty sure if they could of found a plausible way to do it, they would have worked hijackings and prostitutes into Table Tennis.

and wow, 6 for $26? Crykies that's a good deal for almsot any anime DVD...makes me wish I was back Stateside at the moment ; ;

Oblivion is my current main game offline, and oddly enough, other than that I'm fairly gameless at the moment. I am doing weekly pen and paper roleplaying though, if that counts.
I love all the mods out for TES games so I tend to wait half a year or so after they come out before playing so I can get right into the goodies after my first play through. That and I dabble in my own mods as well- frequently as fun as playing the game itself.

Navarre said:
I bought a new game to keep myself occupied.

Just Cause - It is like a cross between Antonio Bandaras in the Desperado trilogy, James Bond, and Grand Theft Auto. Fun for the moment. :smiley:

Looks like fun ill have to get it for the 360. BF2142 is occupying most my time with all the betas but I like solo games too much to let em go.

Suikoden

HJ-Diviana said:
That sounds like my sister.

I bought Suikoden I thinking it would be good, and ended up completely hating it, so I pushed it off on my sister. To this day she has an almost sickening obsessions with Luc. She even goes to conventions dressed as him, although lately she's taken to other male Suikoden characters.

I'm sorry, that is TOO funny. LoL. My brother originally bought SI.. I don't remember at all if he enjoyed the game, but I remember playing it at night, sometime after Buffy the Vampire Slayer was over ;) and I didn't stop the game until close to 7am, when I heard my brother getting up for work. Haha.

However, I don't think I ever had a thing for the characters.. I can get lost in the games.. and I did name my dog after Jowy from Suikoden 2.

*Cries because he never got Suikoden 2.*

Now, onto happier news... Wait, I don't hate any. Damn! Ok, well... I got Oblivion, but I haven't been playing it much. I find it's style to be, well... not my style. I'll be getting a rush of new games once I get my PFD, though. So, like, yay!

Also, I'm thinking about getting a Wii. I mean, it's that or the DS, and FF3's really the only thing coming out for the DS that I want, though there are a couple other things that I'm like "Oh, that's pretty cool.", but don't necessarily want... if that makes sense. For the Wii, of course I want the Super Smash Bros. game, but that's not coming out for a while, so... I don't know... :/

Kuzzle said:
Also, I'm thinking about getting a Wii. I mean, it's that or the DS, and FF3's really the only thing coming out for the DS that I want, though there are a couple other things that I'm like "Oh, that's pretty cool.", but don't necessarily want... if that makes sense. For the Wii, of course I want the Super Smash Bros. game, but that's not coming out for a while, so... I don't know... :/

I am holding out for a PS3 .. It will be my first console since Sega or Nintendo, whichever came later.

Back