Offline Games

Navarre said:
I am holding out for a PS3 .. It will be my first console since Sega or Nintendo, whichever came later.

Yeah. See, I don't want to spend $600 on a console, though, ya see? Partly because I'm probably going to need to save some money soon... Don't really know why, but I know something going to happen and I'm going to need it. So, you know, at $250, the Wii isn't looking too shabby...

The DS is a fine lil' system I've actually picked up a boat load of games for it lately and recommend most every one.
Just Cause was an extremely long distraction. Really enjoyed it because it was indeed a mix of everything Nav said. Nothing like viva la revolution.
Bully really ISN'T a bad game. Tight game play, ya know a lot of mini games woven together but unlike the GTA series they seem like something more than distractions. It's really cinematic tho'. Meaning, great voice acting and scenes that play out mostly like a movie. You pretty much do whatever the mission calls for to see the story advance along, and oddly it's a tale worth watching.
Dead Rising is just fun to blow time on.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is right now spinning and I hear my pal and my girlfriend tearing stuff up which is always nice. I love games with active voice acting and makes glass shattering use of my 6.1.
As for the PC front I'm mostly on CoV or playing Age of Empires III's expansion War Chiefs. The new play styles are great, game spot's article on the expansion pretty much sums up anything I could say. Playing online isn't like playing YeOlde Amerikana SimColony any longer. You can unturtle the turtlers. Ahh the language of RTS games.

4 more cents

Kuzzle said:
*Cries because he never got Suikoden 2.*

Sorry, my Suikoden talk must be getting on peoples nerves.. I promise to stop someday...

But onto my next two cents..

That game WAS hard to find after it was out for a little while. Then my S2 actually got stolen, and I was crushed, because S3 was not out yet, and I was on my 7th turn at the game :rolleyes2: .. anyway, my then fiancee (hubby now) tried to replace it for me to stop my bitching, and was told that you'd never be able to find that game again... Better luck next time, Champ basically.

One game that I really enjoyed offline that "mimics" online play, is .Hack. I was sucked into the game the moment I played it. Reading all the mangas and novels made "The World" that much more interesting as well. .Hack is definitely a title I'd like to see made into a real MMO.
Speaking of, .Hack//GU comes out at the end of the month....

ONILINK said:
One game that I really enjoyed offline that "mimics" online play, is .Hack. I was sucked into the game the moment I played it. Reading all the mangas and novels made "The World" that much more interesting as well. .Hack is definitely a title I'd like to see made into a real MMO.
Speaking of, .Hack//GU comes out at the end of the month....

.hack//infection was a fun game, but I never played more than that first one. I usually wait for the price of a game to come down, but they steadfastly refused to drop the price of this series even after a year. By then many stores were simply not carrying it anymore.

I personally think it would make for a horribly boring real MMORPG, but as a simulation of one it was fun and I loved the anime and other works that transformed it into a full multi-media experience. It really was a neat immersion experience.

Yeah it'd be a Korean style grind fest and everyone would just spam the chat with zone hacks. I'd not play it in real MMO format, well pay to play format. If it twas free, I'd be all over it. If it was VR, I'd really be all over. But, I doubt we'd ever see a GOOD MMO port of the game.
It's sad when you start enjoying scripted bot's comments more so than actual folk's chat in real MMOs.

Just an announcement,
and then I'll shut up..
because I'll be stuck in front of my game console.....

I bought Suikoden V FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahhahahahaaaa... pwah hahahahha....

Okay...

blur said:
Im pondering whether to get lost in NWN2 for awhile...

I picked NWN2 up yesterday. I originally bought it just for the toolset, but the game is a lot of fun so far... I am not too far into the campaign but I recommend it based on what I have played.

Navarre said:
I picked NWN2 up yesterday. I originally bought it just for the toolset, but the game is a lot of fun so far... I am not too far into the campaign but I recommend it based on what I have played.
Oh excellent! That's really great to know and makes me feel even more comfortable about buying it. Cheers :smiley:

blur said:
Im pondering whether to get lost in NWN2 for awhile...

Badass is all i gotta say. Really enjoying it. Camera angles/controlls get a bit getting used to but the gameplay, graphics and overall fun are everything I would expect for the NWN series.

If you like any of the genre you def gotta pick this up

cordy said:
Badass is all i gotta say. Really enjoying it. Camera angles/controlls get a bit getting used to but the gameplay, graphics and overall fun are everything I would expect for the NWN series.

If you like any of the genre you def gotta pick this up
Gah! I really want it now! And a disc duping error has caused Oz copies to be delayed until the 16th...!!!

I heared that the game requried some awsome system requirements. I'll probably need to switch over to PCI-X, and get an awsome video card if I were to get this game.

Gig of ram, 512 Geforce 6800 vid card is the lower end system running just fine. I gave up some of the more sparkly effects, but I tend to turn those off after so long anyway. Colors remind me of clowns, and clowns are evil.

Back