Politics Oh, Those Wacky German Cannibals

"I always have to watch what I eat when I'm in Germany." -- David Hasselhoff

Who knew the Germans were into freaky behavior?

You'd think this would just fall under the category of common sense, but some people need to be told anyway: If you see an internet posting from a German guy who's looking for "a young man for slaughter and consumption," don't respond to the ad unless you really want to be killed and then eaten.

Back in 2001, Bernd Juergen Brandes did, and the guy who posted the ad, Armin Meiwes, a 44-year-old computer technician -- Surprise! -- killed and ate him.

A jury just convicted Meiwes of murder and disturbing the peace of the dead, and gave him a life sentence.

Meiwes' lawyers don't dispute what their client did, just that he should have been charged with the lesser crime of "killing on demand," since Brandes was a willing participant.

Meiwes also claims that killing Brandes was never his intent: "I wanted to eat him. I didn't want to kill him."

:lol: :lol:

They shouldn't throw him in jail because the guy was a willing participant. Hell, people are talking about how beautiful diversity is. Well, wouldn't adding cannibals that only ate willling participants to the mix make it even more beautiful? Just a thought.

Back