OK, so what *CURRENT* features do not work?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Spring is rapidly approaching so it is team to clear out the winter cobwebs and see what we've got. Assuming that you have updated to the "0.0.9 Refresh 1" release, what current features do not work? I am not talking about requested items (eg: leaderboard) or problems with others addons (eg: XenPorta) but with features in the current version that are not working as expected.

Off the top of my head I can think of two...
  • Awards image for user in the postbit. This one needs to be looked at with a fresh start to see what code may or may not even exist already and go from there.
  • Displaying the games in an overlay. This one I personally think should be removed in favor of going with a 'lights out' type approach. Using an overlay is a bit messy because the dimensions of the games can vary greatly and trying to do that with a fixed width overlay can be tricky.
  • "Comments" and "Vote" permissions in User group permissions. Currently these do nothing.
UPDATED: Added "Comments" and "Vote"

Some users are still complaining that scores are not being submitted, but I am inclined to believe this may still be an add-on clash. Perhaps one way to sift out the errors would be to release it as "beta" on the RM at XF. That way users would be forewarned about potential issues.

I didn't find anything serious except the above mentioned ones. However, I think some small tweaking is required for current layout (before we get a new one)

1. Game title may be divided into 3 categories-> Title, Category, Details .... or change the name to Game Details instead of Game title?

2. Column header highscore should be aligned center.

3. For high score column data, the 2nd placed record should have a space between player name and score.

4. May be we can have alternate colors for alternate columns (not sure how it'll look though)

View attachment 175

p.s. One out of context question. How can I change active Tab color to match with my theme. Now, active tab color is white whereas background is light blue (so active tab should be light blue as well)

Attachments

• xfarcade.PNG
    xfarcade.PNG
    96.2 KB · Views: 151
do you have some modified templates for the arcade that need reverted? Maybe arcade_index or arcade_game_list ?

well .. I don't remember changing any templates myself .... I use Social theme for xf, don't know whether anything to do with that theme ........

have your tried your forum in chrome/mozilla?

well .. I don't remember changing any templates myself .... I use Social theme for xf, don't know whether anything to do with that theme ........

have your tried your forum in chrome/mozilla?

Just tried Chrome 25. Works perfectly. It must be something with your style.

another headache for me :( ... however, thanks for confirming .... (y)
Just took a look at the site in your sig and it is only the "Social" style that has the "Highscores" column name left aligned, in the default XF style on your site the word "Highscores" is centered in the column.

That column was recently added so I'll take a look to see if it is using any html/css that is different from the other columns.

another headache for me :( ... however, thanks for confirming .... (y)

You might try this on the default style. By looking at your graphic, a few things look "off". It looks like your style might have an open centering tag/div.

EDIT Ninja'd by Kevin.

Just took a look at the site in your sig and it is only the "Social" style that has the "Highscores" column name left aligned, in the default XF style on your site the word "Highscores" is centered in the column.

That column was recently added so I'll take a look to see if it is using any html/css that is different from the other columns.
right you are ... i am wondering why I haven't checked that before !! this happens when you run something that you have no idea about :P .... thanks for pointing ...

How about having pagination in both top and bottom of the page (like normal XF forum?)? :thinking:

This is pretty much just a styling preference. But to do what you are wanting to do simply edit template arcade_index and after:
Code:
<xen:require css="arcade.css" />
add:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$totalGames}">
<xen:if is="{$category}">
  <xen:pagenav link="arcade/browse" linkdata="{$category}" page="{$page}" perpage="{$gamesPerPage}" total="{$totalGames}" />
<xen:else />
  <xen:pagenav link="arcade" page="{$page}" perpage="{$gamesPerPage}" total="{$totalGames}" />
</xen:if>
</xen:if>

You can manipulate placement of this code to get this to show up wherever you want in the container.

So would that both features be included?
Possibly at some point.

The goal for now is to take a look at the current state of everything, see what is & isn't working, and of the stuff that isn't working, is it something that we even want to include or should we rip it out? For example, the option to play games in an overlay really isn't optimal and may end up being removed.

I'd like to post XFA to the RM over at XF.com but before opening up those flood gates I want to make sure that everybody is aware of what to expect.

Back