Movies Okay disc release of a couple of local movies

Jethro

Captain
No news to hand on Killing Ground or Boys in the Trees, have contacted the Distributor so hopefully firm dates in due time.

Madman have continued their dual releases of classic Aussie horror with the latest release including Kadaicha and Innocent Prey available now from either the official website or via your local retailer.

The School is expected real soon now, still floating around on the odd cinema screen so a slight delay.

Are disc releases still a big event or have they been overtaken by streaming releases? In these parts physical discs are no longer getting big events marketed around them by retailers replaced by streaming promotions. Not all of the local retailers even carry physical discs anymore; the biggest market for them in the immediate area (home town as opposed to the region in general) is DVD rental kiosks.

I kind of miss the days when a big deal was made about a movie being released for home purchase.

I watched

The School (2018)

TV-MA | 1h 26min | Horror, Thriller | 28 November 2018 (Philippines)

MV5BY2FkM2U4M2QtNzIzMS00NmU0LWE5NzMtOTNlMmNiMDk5OTdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMwODEwODE@._V1_UY268_CR0...jpg

When a doctor looking for her missing child awakens to find herself in an abandoned school, she must survive the supernatural terror and face her own demons if she is to find the truth about where her son is.

Director:
Storm Ashwood

It wasn't 'bad' but I do agree with the IMdb rating of 3.9. It had a sorta 'mundane' feel to it when I watched.
In all fairness, I only watched it once so far. Most films I enjoy I watch multiple times. I will probably watch it again before the year is out.

One thing I noticed about this film was the visual representation of the 'supernatural realm' (hell) was pretty good but more of the same. How come films with these settings seem to be so common? The 'inhabitants' were creepy enough but the story kinda left me wanting. Like I said, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't special, more of the same...

Back