Movies Old crazy Sci-fi films

I'm on a craving of old (1930s-1980s) Sci-fi films. Looking for crazy, weird, offbeat films that shows outer-space, spaceships and planets explosions. Yes!! Strange, low budget explosions are the best. Explosions in space ;) Anyone knows oldies with such extravaganza? Any recommendation from fellow cinephiles?

A.

Flash Gordon comes to my mind. Anything from the 50's and 60's have fun "b" movies. And any cult status Jap films. Godzilla, the green slime was awesome! Check it out, you wont be disappointed.

These films are great for rainy winter days, with a bowl of pop corn, some soda pop, maybe a bowl of nachos and a pizza, and no work the next day!

this video might interest you.

'Over My Head' by Caveman

some clips from old scifi stuff
(great song too imho)

Last edited:
One of the best sci fi films ever (well, most of them actually, but I do like promoting this one as it's not well known) is Ikarie XB-1. A Czech film from the communist era. In certain ways, it's so much smarter even than the majority of sci fi films today - whoever wrote it obviously thought long and hard about it, as any half decent science fiction novelist would. If I remember, it's based on a Stanislaw Lem novel, but don't quote me on that.

Back