Olympics 2012

Pretty good we beat New York and France and urm Madrid and so the olympics will be in London yey, only 7 years to wait. I saw the celebrations in London today because i happened to be in Trafalgur square when it was announced hehe everybody went crazy. Do you think it will be good in London? x helen x

well thats bcuz u live there, no?
I thought that new-york was a good choice bcuz it will hekp them raise the moral of the city after what happened there in 9/11! but london is a good option 2! i just hope they will slove their problems w/ the underground, since they said it wouldnt fit all the ppl who will come 4 the olympics!

No I'm not saying this because I'm French :P
At least we didn't pressured IOC members and our president didn't meet all the members who didn't know for what city they were going to vote.
We followed the rules and we lost. And let me tell you that I'm not the only one who thinks that ^_^

I wish it wasn't here...:confused: Still...seven years yet....*Oh yeah, and don't let Steh she this, I saw her trying to make me post in Sports...hmmmm...:lol:*

Commiserations to Paris, I really wanted them to win, and they should have won too. I'm in the UK but was praying that London wouldn't win, mostly coz we're going to be a laughing stock when the entire thing turns out to be even more of a fiasco then Atlanta!

You need only mention Wembley and the Pickets Lock fiasco as examples of how useless we are at getting things done at all, or them going way over time and budget and in all this celebrating no one has mentioned the OVER 300 businesses who are about to be chucked out of their premises, some of which have been going very successfully for over a century and who now face going out of business (with people losing jobs as a result), because the crappy level of compensation they are being given won't help them find commensurate premises anywhere else in the city, and as a result the businesses will fold!! Don't imagine they feel much like celebrating tonight

Okay rant over - the IOC have made their decision and they now have 7 years to live with it!

Im really happy we got it, i think that we'll do a great job, just look at the common wealth games that were held in manchester, they went really well and did the country proud, i cant wait for them to come here although i just worked out how old ill be when it is 2012 and am now a little scared, told my mum she could take her grandchildren she was not happy :lol:

Back