Sci-Fi Ombis: Alien Invasion (2013)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Ombis: Alien Invasion

Genre: Thriller, Action, Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Adam R. Steigert

Cast: Richard Satterwhite, Jason John Beebe, Sara Manzella, Alexander S. McBryde, Kathy Murphy, Lynn Lowry, Brenda Rickert, Melyssa Jade, Robert Bozek, Bill Brown, Christopher Burns Jr, Aaron Bush, Bill Choinski, Lori Cholewka, Twanta Craig

Release: 2013-05-18

Runtime: 85

Plot: Peaceful, rustic Metzburgh is a quiet village which was a former industrial town whose glory days are long past after the collapse of Metzburgh Grain. Teenager Mark Lowe (Jason John Beebe) and his ex-girlfriend Lucy Greenheart (Sarah Manzella) are stuck in a lovers quarrel when a meteorite crash lands in the passive community. Glen (Robert Bozek ), an ex-employee of the grain silos who became homeless after the collapse of the mills, stumbles upon the fiery crash. Unaware that his find could be dangerous, he gets too close and a chemical poison sprays out of the meteorite, enveloping him. The chemical agent known as Ombis begins to turn his insides into a slimly substance. Unable to stop the spread of the infection, Glen runs onto the road where Mark and Lucy find him. The two take him to the only Doctor in town, Doctor D (Deborah Manzella) Mark and Lucy are shocked by their gruesome discovery and immediately contact the local Sheriff Thomas Brackett (Richard Satterwhite).
Ombis: Alien Invasion (2013)

With a budget of $38k I wasn't expecting much and its exactly that.
Most of the actors do a decent job but I felt there was something missing.
Could be the restricted Foley effects. Plus there is very little overlap giving it the 'Delivered Line' type of dialog.
The version I streamed looked off in contrast and was kinda dark.
The effects were low budget.
Kinda looks like a Troma movie