On My Own

Oh wow! I knew she wouldn't be able to let it go. I mean I would either even if they never get back together she knows he loves her. :smiley:

That chapter was really sweet!
The letter from Vaughn...*melts*
Not that it makes up for it all, but still...its a babystep, right?
Thanks for the PM and update soon!
Ash

:cry:
*gives Syd a big hug* Wait for him to explain it to you (y)
EE! I loved the update!! Such a great fic! Another update?! YAY!
Vaughn has to be okay! He HAS to be, and the CIA has to find out what happens to him too.

Ek, I really have to go!

Update soon!!

xO laur

Well we all know what the words in the letter mean. But with Vaughn in the hospital and Lauren probably glued to his side when she gets back, will he have a chance to talk to Syd? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

OOO!! this chapter is good i love it´s braking a way in for syd and vaughn
but i´m wondering what´s syd going to do know , what a evill cliffhanger (n) (n) i can´t wait for more pleeasssee update soon :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,

thanks 4 the pm :smiley: :smiley: ,

Nanda

I have Chapter 9 written but it is not very good right now. I am going to work on it and hopefully make it better. It might be up by the end of the week but I am not making any promises.

Chapter 9

Sydney couldn’t stand being there anymore. It hurt too much to know that she couldn’t help Vaughn get any better. That was Lauren’s job and Sydney could have no part in it. Even though Vaughn still had feelings for her, it didn’t matter. He was married and they both would have to respect that. She just hoped that when Vaughn recovered he would forget about the letter and leave her alone. If he didn’t, it would just make it harder on her.

Sydney slowly got up from the bench and made her way to her car. She had to say goodbye. She wasn’t going to leave just yet, that was her last resort, but she would distance herself from him. Sydney couldn’t bear giving up seeing her father, her friends, and other familiar faces around the agency just because she was afraid of running into Vaughn in LA.

She got into her car and drove back to the hospital. This time however, she did not break any laws. Getting there was bittersweet. The minutes kept on passing and she was nearing that last moment that she would truly see him. Still, his face would forever be in her memories. It was something that she would never be able to nor want to get rid of. Deep down in her heart Sydney knew that she would never had gotten married had Vaughn and her roles been reversed. She would have waited until the end of the earth or her last breath, whichever came first, for him. Now she had to leave him alone.

Sydney walked into the hospital and she saw Weiss sitting in the waiting room.

“Hey Syd. Where have you been?” he asked.

“The pier, thinking,” she replied.

“Nothing has changed. He is still unconscious.”

“Has Lauren arrived yet?” asked Sydney.

“No, her flight was delayed. She hasn’t even left D.C.”

“Oh, okay.”

Sydney sat down in one of the chairs. She wanted to get this over with before Lauren got to the hospital. Sydney wanted to avoid that woman at all costs. But she also wanted to be there in case Vaughn woke up. She decided that she would wait until Lauren landed in LA and then she would say her goodbyes and leave Vaughn to her. An encounter with that would woman would break her heart. Sydney wondered if Vaughn had ever told Lauren about her.

“Weiss, tell me when Lauren lands in LA.”

Sydney must have fallen asleep because the next thing she knew, Weiss was taping her on the shoulder.

“Sydney, go home and get some rest. You’ve had a really rough day. You can’t be sleeping well on these hard lobby chairs,” said Weiss.

“No, I want to be here if he wakes up. Someone needs to be her,” said Sydney.

“And I’m not someone?” said Weiss chuckling.

“I mean-” said Sydney.

“It’s okay. Syd, I can take care of things her. Besides, Lauren’s plane just took off. She will be here in a few hours. Go home. You deserve a good night’s sleep before the agency takes you in for questioning.”

“Weiss, I need-”

“No, Sydney go home. The agency will probably call you in tomorrow. The need to know what happened to you. I will call you if anything changes. I promise. Vaughn will be okay, but you have to be strong for him.”

Reluctantly Sydney walked out of the hospital and to her car. As she was turning the key in the ignition, she realized something; she had nowhere to go, she had no home. She had been gone for two years, surely someone else would have moved into her apartment a long time ago. But still, Sydney felt an odd sensation and it was pulling her towards her old home. Even if she couldn’t live there, Sydney wanted to see it one last time.

She started the car and drove down the familiar streets that lead to her apartment. Everything looked the same as it did two years ago except for a few minor changes here and there. However, as she approached her street she sensed that there had been a major change since she had last been down it that fateful night with Vaughn.

When she got to her address all she could do was stare open mouthed. Her apartment was gone. All that was there was a patch of green grass. In the corner, where her old room used to be was a cross. Sydney walked over to it. It was simple and white. It was made of marble. At the base was a sign. There was an engraving on it. Sydney bent down so she could get a closer look. She ran her fingers over the words that brought tears to her eyes. It said, “In Loving Memory of Sydney Anne Bristow”.

Sydney sat and cried in front of the cross for a while. Everything was so messed up. She felt so alone. She really had no place to go.

A confused and distraught Sydney decided to go back to the hospital. Weiss saw her as she walked in the door. He saw her red eyes and knew that she had been crying.

“Hey Sydney, why aren’t you at home?” he asked.

“I have no home, no place to go to,” she sadly replied.

“Oh my god. I am so sorry. I forgot about the fire.”

Well Weiss wasn’t the only one. Sydney vaguely remembered Vaughn telling her about it in the safe house in Hong Kong. She had forgotten about it until Weiss had brought it up. Vaughn had told her that there was a fire in her apartment. It had only left the charred exterior of her house. It had burned her body beyond recognition. They had used the DNA in her teeth to identify her. It had all been a set-up, a trick, orchestrated by someone who wanted everyone she loved to believe that she was dead.

“Vaughn told me about it. I just remembered it too.”

“Syd how about this – stay with me here until Lauren comes and then you can stay with me until you find a place of your own,” offered Weiss.

“Okay, that sounds good,” said Sydney trying to smile. It wasn’t working. The only part of the plan she didn’t like was waiting for Lauren.

Weiss seemed to be reading her mind because he said, “You can wait in the car while I am filling her in on what is going on.”

“Okay, thanks Weiss,” she said, “I know that he is not awake, but I need to talk to him. I’ll be right back.”

I can fully understand why Sydney doesn't want to be around when Lauren shows up. I'd walk out the back door as quickly as I could too if I knew she was coming. I just wouldn't want to face the new wife.

Too bad when Vaughn wrote that letter, he couldn't be more specific in what's going on, instead of saying they'll talk later. The way he wrote the letter she has no idea things aren't as they seem.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

awww!!! it´s raly bas that vaughn didn´t got more especific in the letter ,i´m hoping that syd dosn´t go away and at the sametime i understand that syd doesn´t want to face lauren in this i agree with her (n) (n) (n) ,

thanjs 4 the pm :D :D :D pleeaassee update soon as soon as possible :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,

Nanda

ohhhhhhhhhh! awesome update! sorry i' so late reading it..golf was crazy this season..enough with the excuses..ahah

okkk! great writing..

thanks for the pm!

kels

I have most of Chapter 10 written, I just have to add some more explanations. However, it is still kind of short. Right now I am having writer's block. I know where I want to go, I just have to figure out how to get there. I am also an extremely lazy person when I have nothing to do (dance is over and so is school), so that will also slow down any updates. I will try to be good though and may be up sometime next week.

Back