On Rakshaal, Demons, and Etherial Planes

*cough*Primates*cough*

Also, while a black bear might(but I doubt it) be able to hold it's own against a brown bear, I seriously doubt it could do much against a Kodiak. As there's no real way to prove it either way, however, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

One thing I don't get though: How do you know they stick to the stereotypes about demons, or whatever? I mean, all I got from that was that they were from an alternate plane, not that they were evil... 'Course, I read it a few days ago, so I guess I really shouldn't say anything without re-reading it, but... *shrug* Ehh, whatever.

Actually you could've been an ass even more so and pointed out bears of a family are called ursine. Dork.

Regardless! My Kuzzle trump for this week will not be in the form of animal family announcement. Nay.. It'll be this quote.

The Rakshaal have their reasons to be angry, but it's not because a god has ordered them to bedevil (no pun intended) the inhabitants of Elanthia. Their reasons are their own, and that makes them not truly demonic, IMO.

Indeed from the original post, that had quoted the original post.

Demonic, evil, bedevil, anger, aggressive, aggro, mob.

They're saying that the rakshaal are not demonic because they have their own reasons to be angry. Which I find odd. Of all the known demons in our world's lore, I can only think of a handful that were ruled by a collective thought other than their own. So they're fighting for reasons to take general known fantasy archtypes and give them a name and an excuse of their own. Which is fine. It's like a half-assed way of trying to create a unique language like J.R.R. did way when. I can understand also that it's tough creating unique worlds and lore like Tolkien did.
I'm just saying. Why even go out of your way to make a statement.. I'm going to write a quest to show that these demons in my game aren't really demons but something very demon like and will try and kill you but for a very nondemonic reason.

]-} Cha, what'ev.

Well, in our other games a Demon isn't usually a species of creatures (or set of them) but instead a single being.

The Rakshaal work together as a group, not a few of them, but all of them, and for the better of the Rakshaal as a whole.

Demons work for themselves and that's pretty much it.

I guess that's a better definition of what we consider a demon. I guess it's possible that someday Demons might show up in Elanthia, but right now they're not in the lore. We'll see in ten years ya?

Actually you could've been an ass even more so and pointed out bears of a family are called ursine. Dork.

Regardless! My Kuzzle trump for this week will not be in the form of animal family announcement. Nay.. It'll be this quote.

Yeah, but I didn't call a black bear a Kodiak, as you called a monkey a chimp. Big difference. What you did was actually more like calling a pig a bear. But thank you for going out of your way to call me both an ass and a dork. Very kind of you, you know.

Indeed from the original post, that had quoted the original post.

Demonic, evil, bedevil, anger, aggressive, aggro, mob.

They're saying that the rakshaal are not demonic because they have their own reasons to be angry. Which I find odd. Of all the known demons in our world's lore, I can only think of a handful that were ruled by a collective thought other than their own. So they're fighting for reasons to take general known fantasy archtypes and give them a name and an excuse of their own. Which is fine. It's like a half-assed way of trying to create a unique language like J.R.R. did way when. I can understand also that it's tough creating unique worlds and lore like Tolkien did.
I'm just saying. Why even go out of your way to make a statement.. I'm going to write a quest to show that these demons in my game aren't really demons but something very demon like and will try and kill you but for a very nondemonic reason.

]-} Cha, what'ev.

By your reasoning, a person that uses dynamite for mining and a crazed suicide bomber are pretty much the same thing. "OMG, they both use bombs! Run!" Their reasons for using the explosives are different, but just so long as something's getting blown up, it's all the same, right? Yeah, that makes all kinds of sense...

A miner who uses dynamite for mining and the guys who use them to blow people up are called the same thing.
Boom Boom Artists. Rocks and people splatter the same when a stick of TNT is involved.

I don't think I've ever called anyone using dynamite a "Boom Boom Artist"

Actually that's the first time I've ever heard it.

:B

Yeah, same here... Wait, didn't the little girl in Look Who's Talking II say "Big deal, I made a boom boom!" When her brother peed in the toilet for the first time...? :P Maybe I'm just remembering that wrong.

Back