On the Hunt

Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls! Planes trains and automobiles!..... huh? Nevermind, random tangent. I hereby present to you!!! *drum roll* A new chapter! Thank you thank you *bows* please hold your applause to the end.

Chapter Thirty

Nike liked Zurich, maybe it was the way it rolled off the tongue, maybe it was the sights and sounds, maybe it was the people, the architecture, the night clubs.

She lent on the railing that ran around the small patio that came off the apartment she was using and watched the people on the street, business people, tourists, parents, teenagers slacking off the day off school.

She watched a young mother struggle with her shopping and thought back on the job she had been forced to go on with Sparrow.
“How do you feel about your parents?”

That question had stung, like a slap in the face, how was she supposed to feel about people who instead of loving her had given her to the Project Christmas program, no questions asked for cash.

Nike growled and pushed herself off the railing, annoyed with herself for even thinking about her family, she was dead to them and so they were dead to her, what did she care, she was doing what she wanted to do with her life, travel, get the hell out of Russia, if killing people meant she never had to go back to Russia then the man could send her on as many assignments as he liked.

Just as she thought about raiding the mini bar in her room, despite it being only nine in the morning her phone rang.

“You’re on the air.” She announced knowing she was seriously vexing her employer.

“I need you to be at a local club by nine pm, come dressed well but not elegantly, meet me at the back entrance.”

“Any information on the job?” she asked casually pulling open the fridge and smiling at the small bottles of vodka that lined the door frame.

“Just be on time, don’t bring a weapon.”

“Boss, I’m a contract killer, you pay me, I kill people, don’t complicate our arrangement by telling me not to bring a weapon.” She said pulling out one of the small bottles.

“No weapons Nike or your bank balance stays the same.”

“You’re the right hand of god, if you say no weapons, fine, no weapons.” She sighed and unscrewed the lid, downing the small bottle in one shot.

“Good, Sparrow told me you did a good job at the hotel.”

“No she didn’t, she told you I was a brat and she wanted to kill me slowly.” Nike scoffed.

“Never the less, you did the job, keep up the good work Nike.”

“Is that a vote of confidence boss?” she laughed.

“Sparrows right, you’re a brat. See you at nine.”

Click; Beep beep beep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack was sitting at a small outdoor café with a coffee and the morning paper when his phone went off.

“Bristow.”

“Sweetheart, honestly is that how you answer your phone?” Irina’s voice laughed on the other end.

“Only after coffee, before then I just grunt.” He smiled and leaned back in his seat.

“I’m glad I decided to call after breakfast.”

“Where are you?”

“Just arriving.”

“So where do you need me to be? And when?”

“There’s a club, owned by a former KGB Colonel, he used to run a small arms operation for the Alliance, his club is a money laundering operation for the Covenant, he’s high enough on the food chain to know where Sydney might be.” Irina explained and Jack heard a car engine in the back ground.

“Will he recognise you?”

“Not immediately and I’ve already had my people arrange my admittance into the club, we need to question him and retrieve the files in his office.”

“What time?” Jack asked sipping his coffee.

“Eleven, I want them all really drunk by the time you arrive.” She laughed.

“He’s Russian; he can probably drink a gallon of vodka and still stay standing.”

“Yes but stand and throw a punch?”

“Probably not.” Jack agreed.

“Bring your things with you Jack; I’ll have a car waiting to take us to my place.”

“You have a house here?”

“I have a very comfortable town house.”

“Why doesn’t that surprise me.” He smiled.

“Nothing surprises you Jack.”

Jack smiled and leaned back in his chair.

“I’ll see you tonight.”

“Remember, wear a suit.”

“Is this all part of your surprise?”

“If I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it.” She laughed.

He had to admit defeat on that particular point.

“When you arrive there will be a young woman waiting tables, be sure to get her attention, she’ll talk you through what I’m planning.”

“One of your people I suppose.”

“She’s an insolent young kid with way too much attitude but she gets the job done.” Irina said with what sounded like an irritated tone of voice.

“Sounds like your kind of operative.” Jack smiled.

Irina gave him the clubs address and sighed on the other end of the phone.

“I’ll see you later tonight then.” He said as he jotted down the address into a small note pad.

“I can’t wait.” She hung up and he closed his phone.

“This is going to be interesting.” Jack rumbled to himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack walked into the club and looked around, it was a rather swank looking place, very up scale, high vaulted ceilings, chandeliers, more of a bar restaurant type place then a club.

He scanned the crowd and noticed a fair amount of people, couples, groups, single dinners, no families, which was good, no children to worry about in case anything went wrong.

He walked up to the bar and got the barman’s attention.

“What can I do for you sir?’ he asked pleasantly.

“Bourbon with ice.” Jack ordered and looked up and down the bar, seemed most people were seated at tables.

“Here we are sir.” He handed Jack his drink.

“You’re in for a treat tonight sir.” The barman smiled.

“Whys that?” Jack asked handing him some bills.

“Last set of the night.” He nodded to a stage that was set up; Jack looked over his shoulder and saw a piano and guitar on stage and their owners walking back onstage.

“Good timing.” He smiled and moved away from the bar to a vacant table.

He was finishing his drink as the voice of the nights’ performer hit his ears and he nearly choked on a cube of ice. He knew that voice.

Jack put his glass down and his eyes adjusted to the lower lighting and there she was, sitting centre stage, microphone in hand.

Her hair was in a twist and tendrils fell about her face and high lighted her high cheek bones and wonderful facial structure.

The dark sapphire top she was wearing set off the black slacks and contrasted well with her hair and eyes, the whole ensemble was designed to mesmerize and hold your eye, the single tear drop diamond she wore around her neck drew the eyes down to her cleavage.

But it was her voice, her voice that truly bewitched, the melodious sounds emanating from her were like a siren song and he was completely seduced.

‘Tell Sydney I greatly enjoyed her performance, she has her mothers singing voice.’

Sark’s words floated back to him and Jack had to agree, Sydney had a great gift in her singing voice and it could only have come from Irina, her tone and pitch were perfect, the soft sensual accent highlighting and enhancing the beauty of her voice.

It wasn’t the words, the words meant nothing to Jack, it was simply the sound.

He had glimpses of her remarkable gift when she was still his wife, she often sang Sydney to sleep at night or sang softly as she cooked dinner, but never like this, never in such a way that his heart was in his throat with the emotion she was able to purvey with a single note.

He watched her eyes travel over the crowd and stop on him for a moment, her face seemed to light up and she smiled.

“Excuse me sir? Can I get you anything else?” said a young voice and Jack snapped out of his daze to notice a young woman standing at the side of his table, probably no older then sixteen.

“Ahh another bourbon please.” He said shaking away the feeling.

“As you like sir.” She smiled and lent over to retrieve the empty glass and napkin.

“At the end of the set ask the floor manager for a few moments alone with the lovely lady on stage; he’s the big guy at the centre table. He’ll make you wait on a decision so slip him a few big bills and he’ll let you through, once your backstage Irina will fill you in on the rest.” She hissed as she pretended to wipe down his table.

Jack looked her over and noticed the scar like white line above her eye brow and cold look in her eye, this girl wanted to shot someone not wait tables.

“Anything else?” Jack asked taking out his wallet and slipping her a bill.

“I swiped a pass card for the up stairs office, thought you might need it.” She said taking the bill and palming him the card.

“Thanks.” He smiled and she went on her way.

Jack lent back and watched as Irina worked the crowd, she had them in the palm of her hand; she was the piper and they the mice.

His second drink was placed in front of him and he shot her a side long look.

“She keeps this up and the whole room is gonna need cold showers.” The young girl hissed vehemnantly before disappearing.

Jack watched as Irina walked amongst the patrons stopping at a few tables and then moving on, he couldn’t help but notice the goofy looks on a few of the younger men’s faces.

Suddenly she was at his table, dark eyes boring into him.

He smiled up at her and she lent down to run her fingers over his face and down his chest, he took her hand gently and kissed it all the while smiling.

She winked and headed back to the stage.

He was mesmerized by the movement of her hips and the length of her legs, black was defiantly her colour.

Irina took the stage again and finished out her set to resounding applause, she bowed her head graciously and indicated her two musicians who also stood, bowed their heads then headed off stage. Irina stayed for a moment or two then bowed her head again and headed off stage.

Jack stood up, fastened his suit jacket closed and headed over to the man the young woman had indicated.

“Excuse me? Are you the manager?” Jack asked casually to the man who was still seated.

“I am.” He said simply not looking up from his drink.

“Do you also manage the entertainment?”

“I organise it, yes, why?”

“I was wondering if I might have a few moments alone with tonight’s entertainment.”

The man looked up at Jack and lent back in his chair.

“And you would be?”

“A well paying patron.” Jack replied with a smile.

The man huffed and slammed back his drink looking Jack up and down.

“You know I’ve had a few men ask to speak with the singer, she’s sent them all back. What makes you think you’ll have any luck?” he sneered.

“Well,” Jack made a show of taking out a roll of bills and pulling three from the group.

“There’s never any harm in trying.” He threw them down on the table and waited.

The man looked from the bills to Jack before scooping them up and standing up.

“I’ll take you back stage.” He smiled and lead Jack to a secured door, down a small flight of stairs and finally behind the stage. There were dressing rooms and practise rooms along the wall as well as a bathroom and small dinning room.

He stopped at a door and rapped sharply three times.

“Yes?” Irina’s voice floated out to them.

“Sorry to disturb you madam but there is a man here requesting a few moments of your time.”

They heard the lock click and the door opened a fraction; Irina’s deep eyes sparkled when they saw Jack.

“I suppose I could spare a few moments.” Irina said opening the door a little more, but not admitting them into the room.

“If you need anything Madam?” asked the Manager.

“A private room if it’s possible, this dressing room is stifling and I dislike small spaces.” Irina turned her gaze on him and he swallowed before nodding.

“There are a few private rooms upstairs, your welcome to conduct your business there.” He smiled.

“Do we need a key?” Jack asked.

“Oh yes, of course.” He handed Jack a pass card like the one in his pocket.

“Thank you.” Irina smiled and Jack slipped him another note of his trouble.

He turned and walked away leaving Jack standing at the door.

“Are you going to invite me in?” Jack leaned on the frame and looked down at her.

“I was thinking we take him up on his offer of a private room.” She smiled, flicked off a light switch and shut the door behind herself, she was still dressed in the out fit she had worn on stage and his eyes were almost magically drawn down ward.

She smiled at him and pushed his head up a fraction so he was looking her in the eye.

“Glad I still hold your eyes.” She smiled.

“Every man in that room had his eyes on you.” Jack said reminding himself why they were there.

Irina shrugged a shoulder and smiled, “I have that affect on people.” She smiled.

“You certainly do.” Jack held his arm out for her and she wrapped her hands around it and they walked down the hallway to a set of spiral stairs.

“I spoke to your friend.” He said softly as they headed up the stairs as music played out in the main bar.

“Isn’t she a sweet little thing?” Irina smiled.

“Oh yes, very pleasant.” He muttered.
“The Colonel stays in his office till twelve thirty; we’ve got plenty of time before someone notices something’s wrong.” Irina informed him as they made it to the top of the stairs and saw several doors running down both sides of the lavish hall way.

“Which rooms his?” Jack asked pulled her against the wall near the top of the stairs; at looking each of the doors.

Irina pointed out the fourth door down then turned to press herself against him.

“You ready to play a little game?” she smiled.

“You lead, I’ll follow.” He smiled and kissed her softly.

“I’ve been waiting for you to do that.” She breathed as they broke apart.

“I’ve been wanting to since I first saw you down stairs.” He reached around her head and pulled the clip from her hair, letting her hair fall from its restraint.

She loosened his tie and ran her fingers into his hair, messing it up slightly she smiled as she played with a small curl.

He pushed the straps of her top down her shoulders and smiled.

“Your getting ahead of yourself.” She accused.

“Details count my love.” He whispered softly.

They walked over to the door and stood there a full minute getting focused, Jack took the pass card the young woman had slipped him and pressed it into the card swipe but didn’t do anything else, waiting for Irina to compose herself, she shook her head and her hair flicked about her face.

He nodded and she smiled back, she pressed herself to him, running her hands behind his head, he ran an arm about her waist and kissed her intensely as he swiped the card and the door swung open to admit them.

Too wrapped up in each other and their physical exploration they pretended not to hear the startled cry of the former KGB Colonel.

“What the hell are you doing?” he shouted standing up from behind his desk and walking around to the front of it.

Jack managed to extricate himself from Irina’s passionate kisses for a moment to look over to the man.

“Oh, damn, sorry, we were Ahh.” He tried to force her off but she was having none of it, the door swung shut behind them and Irina heard the click of the lock.

“We were told we could have a private conversation up here.” Irina smiled and finally pulled away from Jack.

“This is my office, take your conversation down the hall.” He snarled.

She pouted and stalked forward; hips swaying hypnotically, Jack had to tear his eyes away and did his best to regain his composure.

“No need for that tone of voice.” She said softly.

“I won’t tell you again wench, get out.” He growled.

“We can’t do that.” Irina said softly as she veered off to the side of the broad man and headed towards the back of his desk, Jack hid his smile as he saw her reach for the lamp that sat there.

“And why not.” He said looking from Irina to Jack.

“Because you’re the reason we’ve come all this way.” Jack smiled as the lamp crashed down on the back of his head.

Mwhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaaa you can say it, I'm evil!!! And you all love me, I promise I wont keep you waiting so long for the next update. :D Read review and enjoy my lovelies!!

“And why not.” He said looking from Irina to Jack.

“Because you’re the reason we’ve come all this way.” Jack smiled as the lamp crashed down on the back of his head.
The spyrents on a mission! How I love that ! :love:
Great update, thanks for the PM.

OMG How long have I been away for?!!! All my fans will have run away.... :( I am so sorry to leave you all hanging and wanting more, I got swept up in work and my parents moving and my friend having a baby and more work and blah blah blah, damn real life getting in the way of my true vocation, writing fanfiction hehehehee

Ok, Enough of my pathetic excuses, I present FINALLY!! Lol a New chapter for you all to sink your teeth into.

Oh and Mary, If your trying to get a hold of me, My old e-mail was hacked, so my new one is faela_huntress@hotmail.com If anyone else wants to add me, go right ahead, I can talk Alias for HOURS heheehhee.

Alrighty!! Here it is!!

Chapter Thirty One

“Wake up Colonel.” Irina hissed in his ear.

He jolted awake and tried to pull away from her but found himself zippy tied to one of his chairs, Jack smiled at him from behind his own desk, leaning back calmly.

“Nice of you to join us.” He smiled as Irina walked behind him and flicked one of his ears.

“I apologise for the manner of our discussion but it is necessary.” Jack smiled again as Irina began to rummage around the office.

He tried to say something but found his mouth taped shut.

“When I want you to answer something I’ll remove the tape.” Jack said calmly as Irina walked over and stood beside Jack’s chair.

They watched as recognition slowly dawned on him and he began shouting into the tape.

“Now I think he knows who you are darling.” Jack said gently.

Irina ran her hand into his hair and smiled, “I think he does, took him long enough.”

“I’m sure he’s anxious to know why we’re here.” Jack stood up and walked around the table; he pulled the tape off and sat on the edge of the desk.

“Derevko, you’re her, Irina Derevko.” The Colonel stammered as he starred at her.

“I am and you are a dead man if you don’t answer our questions correctly.” She threatened taking Jack’s empty seat and crossing her long legs.

“You shouldn’t have called her a wench; my wife hates being called that.” Jack smiled as Irina lent forward and picked up the letter opener that was lying on the desk.

“Your… wife.” He looked from Jack to Irina.

“You don’t think I’d do this for just any ordinary woman do you? No, no my friend there are only two women in my life, the luscious vixen sitting in that chair and my daughter. I have one of them, the other is missing and you Colonel are going to tell me where she is.” Jack grabbed him by the bottom jaw and starred deep into his eyes.

“I don’t know what your talking about.” He whispered.

“You don’t want to anger me Colonel; I’ve been told I have a terrible temper.” Jack said softly.

“I can’t tell you what I don’t know.” The colonel’s eyes flickered from Jack to Irina.

Jack shoved him back and sighed, “Irina my sweet, he says he doesn’t know.”

“Maybe I can persuade him to be more helpful?” she smiled and held the letter opener in such a way that the blade glinted.

“You know colonel you should really talk to me, Irina has a way with knives, such a way in fact that she can cut you and have you bleeding for hours on end. I’ve been told it’s excruciatingly painful.”

She stood up and walked around the desk to stand over him.

“It’s only a letter opener.” He tried to laugh.

“True, but, my wife is very skilled.” Jack smiled “And besides, you’d be amazed at how much pain you can inflict with simple office supplies.”

“What do you know about the abduction of Sydney Bristow?” Irina growled.

“Who?”

She backhanded him and Jack saw a small amount of blood leak out of the side of his mouth.

“I will not ask a third time Colonel, I will simply start severing digits till you tell me what I want to know… What do you know about the kidnapping of Sydney Anne Bristow?” she repeated.

He starred at her, then his eyes travelled to Jack who just sat back and watched.

Irina held the blunted blade and pinned his wrist down.

“I don’t know why they took her; I just know they want something from her.” He stammered.

“What do they want?” Jack asked softly.

“They wouldn’t tell me, but they hired specialists, a man named Oleg, find him and you find her.”

“This Oleg what does he specialize in?” Irina didn’t budge, her eyes narrowed as she tightened her grip on his wrist.

“Some kind of brain washing, I don’t know!” he shouted trying to pull his hand away.

Jack reached back and picked up the Colonel’s lighter, flicking open the lid he watched it spark then come alive.

“You’re going to tell us where she is.”

He looked from Irina, to Jack to the lighter.

“I swear on my children I don’t know.”

“You don’t have any children.” Irina hissed and slammed the blade down, he screamed but she had missed his fingers by three millimetres.

“The next time you lie to me, I won’t miss.” She growled.

His breathing was rapid and he was breaking out into a sweat.

“Colonel, where is Sydney Bristow?” Jack said flicking the lighter again.

“She was in Prague; her next location isn’t known to lower level officers.”

“How do you find out where she is?” Irina asked.

“From Kelso, Simon Kelso, he’s the London connection for the Covenant, he’ll know.”

“Where is Kelso now?”

“He owns a yacht, he’s cruising the Mediterranean.”

Irina looked to Jack who smiled and nodded.

“You’ve been very helpful Colonel.” Irina patted his cheek.

“You stupid whore, you got in enough trouble for being with him.”

Jack stood up but Irina beat him to it, her face shook and she snarled ramming the blade into the Colonel’s shoulder before twisting the blade.

He screamed and cursed in Russian.

“Do not think to insult me Colonel; do not presume to understand the circumstances surrounding my marriage.” She lent down and whispered in his ear.

“They should have killed you in that prison.” He hissed through the pain.

“But they didn’t… the covenant is going to wish they did Colonel, no one hurts my daughter… no one.” She pushed on the blade and then slapped him across the back of the head.

“You shouldn’t have insulted her.” Jack shrugged.

“COLONEL!”

The door was slammed and both of them looked over to it.

“Damn.” Irina growled.

“Time to leave my viper.” Jack said walking behind the desk and pulling open the top draw.

He sighed and pulled out the nine millimetre glock that was stashed there.

“Petty criminals are so predictable.” He shook his head as Irina walked around to stand beside him.

The slamming on the door increased.

“What did you do?” Jack asked looking over to the door as she walked to the long floor length curtains to the side of the desk.

“I had my operative scramble the door codes.” Irina smiled pushing aside the curtain.

“Impressive.” Jack walked over to the Colonel and retaped his mouth shut before walking over to Irina who was pushing open a door that lead to an outside balcony.

“I also went over the blue prints.” She smiled and stepped out side, rain was turning from a gentle drizzle into a down pour as Jack stepped out beside her and the door finally burst open.

“Go!” Jack shouted and fired back into the room as Irina took off down the balcony.

Jack followed and felt the wall beside him explode as gun fire cracked behind him.

He caught up with Irina and grabbed her around the waist; hooking her to him he pivoted and fell backwards crashing through another glass door.

They laid there for a second catching their breath then Irina was up, helping him stand and dashing over to the door, tearing it open and heading for the spiral stairs. Jack was a few seconds behind her as he heard the guards shout and head back into hall.

They belted down the hall way of the back stage, running for a door that Irina had used earlier to gain entrance into the club.

Gun fire thundered behind them again and he saw Irina shot a look over her shoulder.

The last shot blew out one of the lights and Jack looked back at the sounds of hand to hand combat to see Irina’s young accomplice smash one of the gunmen into the wall and slam her elbow down onto the back of his neck.

“Sleep tight.” She grinned and snagged his gun.

“Jack! Lets go!” Irina shouted from further down the hall.

“Go boss, I’ll take care of them.” The girl assured them.

Jack sprinted towards Irina who was standing at a door waiting for him.

A gun shot and a yelp made them both turn.

The girl was lying on the floor not moving.

MWhahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahaaaaa *cough* Ahem. As always, read, review and enjoy and I promise to try and update more regularly.

I'm so glad that you updated !
“You shouldn’t have called her a wench; my wife hates being called that.”
I always love it when he calls her his wife ! :love:

“You stupid whore, you got in enough trouble for being with him.”
How does he know so much about her ?

“Do not think to insult me Colonel; do not presume to understand the circumstances surrounding my marriage.” She lent down and whispered in his ear
I'd really like to hear her take on their marriage, so I hope we find out more about it.

Awesome update, thanks for the PM !

Sam :woot: I missed you, A LOT :hug:

If your trying to get a hold of me,
IF? I certainly was :D and now I can talk to you again, though I don't understand why you didn't give me your new adress *pouts*

anyway, loved the chapter

You don’t think I’d do this for just any ordinary woman do you?
:lol: yeah of course

The girl was lying on the floor not moving.
tell me the girl isn't dead, cause i really like her

thanks for the pm and update soon

oh and you better come online again soon, I miss talking to you :D

YAY My fans are back!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS for each and every one of you!! I love you all so very very much!! I didnt forget about any of you! Im glad you all enjoyed Spyrents hehehehe they are so much fun to write when they're working together.

I promise a new update soon, I just want to wait another day or so to let the others catch up and also so I can write a few more chapters LOl.

I've missed you too Mary, and anyone else that wants to add me is welcome too, I like meeting new people and chating.

LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!
HUGGLES AND SMOOCHIES for you all for being such great readers.

Its been three days or so... I think... Ive been working so I've lost track of time lol. And I've decided to give my loyal readers another dose of their favorite spyrents!! Well ok, the only spyrents worth watching but shhhh thats not the point.

Ladies and gents, boys and girls of all ages, my fellow fans and airconditioners, I present!!!

Chapter Thirty-Two

“NIKE!” Irina yelled and started to go back but Jack grabbed her by the upper arm and shoved her out the door.
Nike lay face down on the floor, the men who shot her ignored her as they ran to get a clear shot at her boss as she fled, her legs lashed out and vice gripped the biggest of the idiots and brought him crashing to the floor, his gun went off and shot one of his buddies in the back, she grabbed him by the back of the head and slammed it into the floor with all her strength, grabbing up the gun she had dropped she shot the other guard and staggered to her feet and stumbled to the door, her shoulder bloodied from the bullet.

She stagged out into the rain to see the tail lights of her bosses car flee into the night.

She pulled out her cell phone and dialled a number.

“Da, Hermes, I need a chariot to Mercy.” She said as water seeped into her clothes.

“Just get your arse here, I’ve been shot.” She snarled.

Irina ran to a dark car that pulled up and Jack pulled out a small travel bag that he had hidden back in the alley and dashed to the car as rain poured down. He dove in the back seat and lent back as his heart pounded in his chest.

The car wheels spun and they were on their way.

Irina was sitting beside him, her hair damp from the water, her eyes closed as she slowed her breathing.

“How did it go?” asked a female voice from the front of the car.

“Just fine.” Irina answered as Jack looked from Irina to the driver.

“So you’re Bristow.” A pair of blue eyes flashed in the rear view mirror as they traversed the city streets.

“Jack Bristow.” He nodded and looked to Irina.

“Your reputation precedes you Mr Bristow, though I’m sure it’s well deserved.”

He shrugged a little and took a deep breath.

“To the house Ms Derevko?” the woman driver asked as she made a turn.

“Yes, we need a change of clothes and some sleep.” Irina nodded and pushed her hair back from her face.

The driver didn’t say anything else as they drove to Irina’s town house.
Rain was lashing down as the car pulled to a stop out side the darkened town house.

“If you need anything Ms Derevko just call.” Said the woman without turning around; her blue eyes sparkling in the rear view mirror.

“Thanks, stay in touch.” Irina smiled.

Jack slid over the seat as Irina forced open her door and made a dash for the front of the house, he stepped out of the car feeling the water beat down on him as he shut the door and turned to follow Irina up the small set of steps and up under the awning.

Irina had forced the key into the lock by the time he arrived and pushed the door open.

Her hair was damp and her skin was covered in goose-bumps, she shivered with the sudden coldness of the water and dashed inside to let Jack in behind her.

“Where did the rain come from?” he asked as he shook off some water and pulled his jacket off, slamming the door closed behind him self.

“Rain was forecast for tonight.” Irina informed him as she walked down the hall shivering.

“I don’t suppose you’re going to tell me who those people were?” he asked hanging his jacket on a hook by the door realizing he was pretty much soaked.

“You should know better then to ask Jack.” She smiled as she shook her head and droplets flew every where.

“I should.” He mumbled as he watched her turn on lights and move about the town house.

She turned and looked at him leaning against a wall.

“What?” she asked with a soft smile, he seemed, calm, it belayed the seriousness of what they had just done.

“Nothing, your cold.” He walked over and stood over her.

They were in the middle of her living room, rich wooden floors with comfortable lounges facing a TV set surrounding them.

“Your soaked, take that off before you catch cold.” She instructed plucking at his shirt.

He just looked at her and reached out to touch her face.

“Jack, what are you doing?” she asked in a whisper.

“Sorry… Cant help it.” He smiled and brushed her hair aside.

“Its alright.” She shivered and caught her breath.

“I was just called out of work; the woman said my wife was here.”

“What’s your wife name sir?”

“Bristow, Laura Anne.” He said quickly drumming is fingers on the nurses counter.

“She’s down the hall, third door on the right.” The nurse smiled at him and pointed and he nodded before dashing off dodging nurses.

He stopped at the third door and saw his wife lying in the hospital bed, eyes closed, chest rising slowly, she was asleep.

There was a doctor standing at the end of the bed checking the chart, she looked up and smiled at Jack and looked to Laura before leaving the room.

“What happened?” he demanded as soon as she shut the door.

“There was a call from the University, a student found her unconscious beside her car in the parking lot, the police think it was a mugging, there have been a spat of attacks on campus recently. Her wallet was missing but the student who found her takes her class and knew her name.” she said calmly in that soft tone of voice that doctors seemed to employ to keep frantic family members calm.

“How…how bad...?” he couldn’t finish his sentence, the thought of someone laying a hand on his wife sent his blood boiling and he didn’t trust himself to speak.

“She has a few bruises and cuts, it looks like the assailant tried to choke her, they’re both very lucky not to have suffered from oxygen deprivation.” She shook her head.

“They?” Jack asked confused.

“Yes, your wife is seven weeks pregnant… she didn’t tell you?” the doctor looked surprised.

Jack shook his head and looked to Laura.

“She’s sleeping now, but you can sit with her.” The doctor smiled at him before walking away.

Jack slipped inside the room and pulled off his jacket, he pulled the only chair closer to the bed and took Laura’s hand, kissing her forehead softly.

“Jack…” she whispered and he smiled.

“I’m here sweetheart.”

She smiled and squeezed his hand tightly; she turned her head to look at him and blinked sleepily.

“It happened so fast.” She started but he lent over and kissed her lips softly.

“Just rest sweetheart.” He said softly, touching his forehead to hers.

“What did the doctor tell you?” she asked softly, closing her eyes with his closeness, she could smell his aftershave and the crisp smell of his suit, it was comforting.

“She said that you were attacked at school.” He leaned back a little and noticed the marks around her neck, if he ever found out who did it…

She nodded and blinked slowly, raising a hand to rub the marks around her neck, “I was walking to my car and then, I was knocked down and… it all goes fuzzy.”

Jack squeezed her hand and pressed the back of it to his lips, “You didn’t see their face?”

She shook her head and sighed, “No, it happened too fast, I remember being hit and falling and shouting and then there were hands around my throat.” Her eyes began to water and he slid onto the bed and wrapped her in a hug.

“Shhh, your safe now, I’m here honey, I’m here.” He said softly.

“I was so scared Jack.” She cried.

He kissed her hair and held her gently.

“Jack I… I have… I have something I’ve been meaning to talk to you about.” She stammered and Jack pulled back, taking her hands in his.

“You can tell me anything.”

She smiled and seemed to be trying to find the right words; he decided he’d take the pressure off her.

“Has it got anything to do with the baby?” he smiled and she looked at him shocked.

“You… you know? How do…”

“The doctor told me.”

She looked both shocked and relieved, “I was going to tell you Jack, I wanted to, but something was always coming up or you were called away.” She said quickly.

He smiled brightly and took her face in his hands gently, kissing her softly but passionately.

“It’s alright Laura, you don’t have to explain.”

She launched herself on him and hugged him tightly, “We’re gonna have a baby.” She said happily.

He just held her and smiled, he didn’t tell her that he was planning on finding the man who had attacked his wife and unborn child and making him suffer, very very slowly.

Hehehehehhehehee And I think I'll leave it there for the moment. Dont worry, we're getting much closer to finding Sydney. Just bare with me guys. As always my pretties, Read Review and enjoy!

you've got us going for 32 chapters and we havent found syd...

poor Nike, but at least she's ok!

Hehehehehe I know, Im evil, but some of those chapters werent very long and were just breaths before the storm. Dont worry, we're getting there, and I have something BIG planned.Huge plan, gigantic wonderous plan.. So whats the plan you ask? Plan what plan?

*evil giggle*

I know, I didnt want Nike to be too badly hurt, she's going to make an appearence in the sequel so she couldnt die and I think people would riot if i killed her lol You all seemed to like her interaction with Katya so I'll keep her around, maybe pair her up with the Sparrow again lol heehehee.

Alright my pretties, keep the reviews coming! I love them and you!!!

And I've decided to give my loyal readers another dose of their favorite spyrents!! Well ok, the only spyrents worth watching but shhhh thats not the point.
I totally agree with you !
I loved the flashback, was the guy who attacked Irina KGB, or was he just a random asshole ?

“Sorry… Cant help it.” He smiled and brushed her hair aside.

“Its alright.” She shivered and caught her breath.
I'm a sucker for tender Jack !

Dont worry, we're getting much closer to finding Sydney.
There's no rush as far as I'm concerned, I'm not a big fan of SpyBrat !
Thanks for the PM !

great chapter

good that Nike is alright, she's too much fun to loose her

He just held her and smiled, he didn’t tell her that he was planning on finding the man who had attacked his wife and unborn child and making him suffer, very very slowly.
uh he's scary, you shouldn't piss him off

thanks for the pm and update soon :angelic:

YAY!! You all reviewed! You all loved! I love you!!! Each and everyone of you! Hehehehe Myosotis, I love tender Jack too, hehehehe dont worry, there's more Spyrent stuff then spybrat, you'll see. And I prefer to write Spyrents anyway so most of my fics are spymom and Dad, if your interested I'll send you links to them when I put them up.

So, here we are again, another day another update for all my loveable fans!!

Chapter Thirty Three

Jack ran his fingers through Irina’s hair and watched the flames leap and twist in the fire place, she was laid against him, her back to his chest on the couch in her living room, one of his large hands rested on her hip, the other ran through her hair as the storm outside continued to lash against the town house.

It was almost normal, curled up on the couch with Irina, how many times had they done this exact thing when they were together, the setting was different and time had past but it was almost natural, they seemed to fall into a rhythm when they were together, they fell into hold habits and patterns and it seemed like nothing had changed.

Irina’s mobile rang and she groaned before sitting up and walking over to answer it.

His white shirt barely touched the top of her shapely thighs and he smiled to himself.

“Nike? Is that you? Oh Moya Boje I thought the worst.” She said with relief into the phone.

Jack sat up and looked at her as the conversation continued.

“Don’t worry; tell Mercy I’ll pay for her charge… Nyet, just stay contactable… alright… Nyet, Nike just stay out of jail and I’ll call you when I need you.” She smiled.

“I’ll have someone come and take you to the air port.” She nodded.

Jack surmised that the young girl from the club had managed to survive and get her wound seen to.
Irina listened for another moment and nodded pushing her hand through her hair, “Stay out of trouble Nike and let me know when the shoulder heels.” She smiled then hung up and sighed.

“I take it your operative is alright.” Jack said as she put the phone down.

“She made it out ok.” Irina nodded and walked over.

Jack smiled as she seemed to float away into thought; she sat on the edge of the lounge and sighed.

“We should get some sleep.” He said softly trying to bring her out of her thoughts.

“Hmm? Oh, yes, I suppose.” She said softly looking into the flames.

“Irina? Are you alright?” he asked shifting closer and taking her hand.

“I was just thinking… Nike is only 16 sometimes I forget she’s only a child… she’s so young, she has her whole life ahead of her and I put her in danger…” she looked at him and he saw how upset this had made her.

“Arvin recruited Sydney right out of college…”Jack reminded her.

Irina nodded and bit her bottom lip, “She shouldn’t have to live like this… like us.” She shook her head.

“She’s stubborn.” He smiled.

Irina smiled and lent against him, “Wonder where she got that from.” She rested her head on his shoulder.

“I have no idea.”

Irina sighed and rubbed at her eyes, “Go up stairs, I’ll put the fire out.” He kissed her head gently.

She nodded and kissed his cheek before standing up, grabbing up her mobile and heading to the stairs rubbing the back of her neck.

He watched her for a moment and sighed, ran his hand over his face and stood up. Jack put the fire out and looked around the dark room as rain thundered against the windows; it must have been some ungodly hour of the morning.

They were one step closer to finding Sydney, they’d had to go through a lot of people to get this far and Jack had a suspicion that Irina didn’t care who she had to go through, so long as she found Sydney. Jack was in total agreement on that.

He stared out the darkened window watching water run down the pane, they would find Sydney, they would find out who was in charge of this Covenant and they would tear them apart for what they had done.

He smiled and headed up stairs, he found Irina already curled up in the large double bed, eyes closed. She must have been more tired then she was letting on.

He changed and slid into the bed beside her, watching her sleep, the gently rise of her chest and stomach, her long hair flowing over the pillow and down her back.

He kissed her hair and rested a hand on her side as he closed his eyes and fell into a light sleep dreaming of ways to punish the Covenant for what they had done to his beloved daughter.

The morning was still dark when Jack was awakened by a shift in the weight in the bed and opened his eyes sleepily; Irina had rolled over and was pressed against him her eyes wide and alert, she pressed a finger to his lips when he went to speak.

“Shhh.” She said softly and laid against him, seemingly listening to something.

He was awake now, if Irina felt there was something wrong, he was going to pay attention, it was her house after all.

She slipped a gun out from under his pillow and he blinked at it but said nothing, trust Irina to sleep with a gun under her pillow… his was in his bedside dresser.

She rolled over and snagged up a robe and slipped it about her shoulders, he did the same and stood behind her at the door, she had her ear pressed to it; Jack could hear it to, someone moving around down stairs.

Irina pushed open the door and slipped out of the room silently, Jack followed and wished he had been wise enough to bring his gun upstairs; it was still in his bag in the living room.

He kept close to her as they headed down the short hallway and to the top of the stairs, the sounds were out in the front of the house, Irina looked at him and clicked off the guns safety, with a nod she padded down the stairs with the gun at the ready, Jack following close behind.

They swept the kitchen and jack grabbed up a cutting knife from the knife block and followed Irina into the hall that separated lounge and dinning room.

They stood on either side of the door and he nodded to her, she raised the gun and stepped into the room, Jack wasn’t expecting the reaction they got from their intruder.

“Ms Irina, I didn’t know you had company.” Said the burly man who smiled pleasantly at Irina.

“Marcus, what have I told you about sneaking around the house in the morning.” Irina sighed and put the safety back on the gun.

“The same thing you said about not killing everyone who insults you.” He shrugged.

Irina shook her head and looked to Jack who was looking bewildered.

“Jack this is Marcus, my body guard, Marcus this is my husband, Jack Bristow.” She said putting the gun on the coffee table.

Jack set the knife down beside it and nodded to the large man.

“Ahh, Mr Bristow, Ms Irina keeps your photo on her desk in Moscow.” Marcus smiled and nodded at Jack who raised an eyebrow and looked to Irina.

“Does she now.” He smiled and Irina glared at Marcus.

“Not another word Marcus or your out of a job.” She turned and headed out of the room towards the kitchen.

“Yes, Ms Irina.” Marcus laughed and winked at Jack.

“What are you doing sneaking around the house so early Marcus, I told you not to arrive till nine.” She said beginning to make coffee as the two men followed her in.

“Yes Ms Irina, it’s after nine now.” He nodded and Jack looked at his watch, he was right.

“What?” Irina said looking to her microwave.

“Damn, I’ll have to book a later flight.” She hissed as she dumped sugar in Jack’s coffee.

“I can do that Ms Irina.” Marcus smiled.

“And call Anushka, have her check when Simon Kelso’s yacht is due to arrive.” She said as the big man turned to head down the hall to the phone.

“Alright.” He said and Jack looked to Irina as she went about making coffee.

“What?” she said when she noticed him watching her.

“Nothing.” He smiled and picked up his steaming drink.

Irina smiled and went about making toast.

“Anushka says Kelso is not due for three days.” Marcus returned and sipped the coffee Irina had made him.

Irina smiled as she put out a plate of toast and sipped her own coffee; “Three days in Athens… what do you think Jack?” she smiled.

He sipped his drink and grinned, “Sounds fun to me.”

“Sir, Jack Bristow just got off a plane in Athens with an unknown woman.” The brown nosing assistant was back.

Robert Lindsey narrowed his eyes and looked out into the office and saw Weiss and Dickson talking to each other.

“Who’s the woman?” he asked watching as they walked out of his line of sight.

“Unknown, we couldn’t get a proper angle on her face to make a proper Id.” The assistant explained.

“Have him followed, I want to know who he’s meeting with.” Lindsey growled.

:D So loyal fans, what you think? Let me know! Read Review and enjoy!

And I prefer to write Spyrents anyway so most of my fics are spymom and Dad, if your interested I'll send you links to them when I put them up.
You have good taste, I'd be glad to read your other stories, thanks in advance.

He stared out the darkened window watching water run down the pane, they would find Sydney, they would find out who was in charge of this Covenant and they would tear them apart for what they had done.
I like revengeful Jack !

She slipped a gun out from under his pillow and he blinked at it but said nothing, trust Irina to sleep with a gun under her pillow… his was in his bedside dresser.
It's a sign ! They were made for each other ! :lol:

Irina keeps a picture of Jack ? That is so sweet ! It's nice to members of Irina's entourage like Marcus.
Robert Lindsey narrowed his eyes and looked out into the office and saw Weiss and Dickson talking to each other.
Lindsey, the guy is bad news ! Thanks for the PM. Great update as usual

Back