On The Nile

“Is there a problem?” Michael asked as he walked out of the large entranceway towards Irina and Sydney.

“Sydney…” Irina called.

“Oh, um… sorry.” Sydney briefly turned her head to apologize, looking back at the sunset.

“What a heartfelt apology.” Michael remarked, eyeing Sydney carefully. She was paler than the rest of the people and held herself differently. He knew she was unusual because of her defiance of proper behavior, but it somehow fascinated him. He had wondered about her all afternoon after returning to the palace.

“Screw you.” Sydney muttered. Michael looked to Irina, who bowed and excused herself by walking towards the palace to give them room to talk.

THAT WAS SOOOO FUNNY!!
Liked the "not apology" ... :D

“You really are different.” Michael said, finding it easy to talk to her like any other person. She didn’t see him as the Prince and seemed to not care. All his life he had been fawned over and bowed to and while it wasn’t horrible; it got annoying after a while. It was nice to talk to someone who saw him as just another person, not royalty.

“You have no idea.”

See!! That's exactly what Michael wants. A person that doesn't treat him like he's loyalty.
He wants to be just another person..

Great update!!

Thanks for the PM

Chapter 6

“It was nice talking to you.” Michael said as he stood up from the step after they had watched the sun set. It was the first time in a long time that he had stopped to watch the sun go down. He had forgotten how beautiful and magical it was.

“Yeah, I think I should be heading home.” Sydney stood as well. She looked around and noticed Irina had left and hoped she could find her way back without getting lost.

“Are you going to go to the procession tomorrow?” Michael asked. He wanted to see her again; he just had to find out more about her.

“I guess.” Sydney replied.

“Goodbye Sydney.” Michael smiled.

“See ya around… I mean, bye.” Sydney smiled back and made her way back down the steps. After spending a few minutes with him, she found him to be completely different person than she imagined. He wasn’t stuck up or arrogant. He was normal- as normal as she could expect from someone living hundreds of years before her time.

“We thought you’d been eaten by wolves or something.” Nadia exclaimed when Sydney entered their home thirty minutes later.

“Sorry.” Sydney apologized, sitting down at the table next to Nadia. In the day she had spent with them, they began to feel like a family to her. They took care of her, even when they didn’t have to. Sydney was happy that back in these days it was important to be nice to other people, unlike in her time where people could care less if you got hit by a car.

“So…” Nadia whispered.

“What?” Sydney replied, wondering why she was whispering.

“What did you and Prince Michael do?” She said with a raise of her eyebrows.

“We just talked.” Sydney answered, wondering why Nadia thought any differently.

“No, really. How was it?” Nadia asked, smirking. Sydney was completely caught off guard by her questions. Does she think I slept with him or something, she thought.

“Nothing happened. We just talked and watched the sunset.” Sydney insisted.

“Then why did mom come home before you?” Nadia asked.

“I don’t know, maybe she got bored?” Sydney answered.

“What are you girls talking about?” Irina asked with a smile as she brought over some dinner to the table. In one basket was a loaf of bread and the other bowl was filled with the same type of soup as Sydney had for lunch. She figured they didn’t have very much money based on the house they lived in and the meager food they ate.

“Nothing mother.” Nadia replied, grabbing the bread and tearing off a piece.

“Sorry about the food, we’ll get something different tomorrow.” Irina apologized to Sydney. Sydney knew during the festival the palace gave out food while the slaves had the time off. She didn’t mind eating it though; it was better than starving.

“It’s fine.” Sydney replied, dipping a small piece of bread into her soup like she saw Nadia do. The bread tasted a little stale, so Sydney ate the soup instead. When dinner was finished, the small family cleaned up their table before retreating to their ‘rooms’. Sydney went back into the small dugout she woke up in and tried to get comfortable.

As she sat alone in the dark, her thoughts returned to Michael and she wondered what he was doing. While dreaming about the handsome prince, Sydney gradually fell asleep.

As Michael prepared for the long procession on the first day of the festival, he couldn’t help but think back to his conversation with Sydney. She was captivating and completely different from anyone he’d ever met. She was also very beautiful and kind (when she wasn’t being whipped).

“Your highness, are you ready?” A guard called through the door.

“Yes, I’ll be out in a minute.” He replied, fixing his sash and making sure his crown was secure. It was going to be a long day, and he wondered if he would see Sydney again. She had promised to come, and he hoped she kept her promises.

“Sydney?” Irina nudged her shoulder the next morning. “It’s time for the procession, are you coming?”

“Yeah, I promised Michael I would.”

“Michael?” Irina asked.

“I mean, His Majesty? Or Highness, or something?” Sydney listed names she thought would be appropriate.

“You really shouldn’t call him by his name, he is royalty after all.” Irina advised as Sydney followed her into the livingroom/kitchen area. “He deserves the highest respect.”

“Right, of course.” Sydney forced a smile as they walked out into the heat of the day. It was going to be a long day.

TBC...

Calling him Michael... how funny that she can get in trouble for that! :smiley:

Excellent update and I can't wait to read what happens next. :smiley:

“Yes, I’ll be out in a minute.” He replied, fixing his sash and making sure his crown was secure.
I'd love to see some pictures of Michael Vaughn dressed in some royal Egyptian. (y) :Pharaoh: 🤤

Great chapter, can't wait to see what's going to happen in the procession. :sun:

Aww theyre falling for each other! :love: and i totally have to second what Nicewoman said: i'd so love to see Michael dressed as a prince! 🤤

thanks for the pm and update! :smiley:

Back