On The Nile

ahhaha i love cliffhangers!
*sigh*... but i will have to update, for your sanity, so maybe Sept 2?

you guys know i haven't written anything since May when i finished OTN, right? stupid writers block....

it totally figures that i came up with a new story idea the next day after ^ at school hahaha

yay! i'm finally gonna write something! i might start on Monday if i'm not sleeping all day haha

wow, i'm getting COMMANDED to update... someone must like me...

Chapter 17

“She’s been taken care of.” He replied with a smirk on his face.

“Taken care of how?” Michael asked, not trusting his advisor because of their previous argument over Sydney.

“She will not be a burden anymore.”

“What did you do to her?” Michael asked.

“She was a thief; she is with the rest of the thieves.”

“Thief?” Michael was shocked. Had she been using him to steal valuables? He started to doubt their whole relationship. Michael wondered if Sydney was lying to him the whole time. “What’d she steal?”

“A statue of your father’s.” Arvin said gravely.

“Can I see her?” Michael gulped, nervous to confront her.

“Yes, your majesty.” He bowed, leading the way to the underground rooms that served as a dungeon. Michael made sure not to touch the walls because they were covered in spider webs and dirt.

“Bring me the new prisoner.” Arvin told the guard haughtily. He seemed to be taking a lot of joy from Sydney’s betrayal. A little too much joy if you asked Michael. The squeal of the iron door alerted Michael to Sydney’s entrance.

“Michael!” She cried with a relieved look on her face. “What’s going on?” She attempted to come towards him, but the guard held tight to the chains holding her captive.

“You stole something from me.” Michael’s heart felt like it was being pulled on like the chains on Sydney’s wrists.

“What?” Sydney’s eyes widened. “I did not!”

“Don’t lie to me!”

“I’m not! Michael, I swear I’m not lying!” Sydney cried, tugging at the chains as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Sydney… I want to believe you, but-” Michael was cut off, loosing his resolve to yell at her. She seemed so sincere and his heart told him she was telling the truth.

“Then believe me!” Sydney looked him dead in the eye. “I would never hurt you Michael, I love you.”

“This charade has gone on long enough!” Michael’s advisor jumped in. “Guard, take this thief to the field to be stoned for her crime.” He ordered angrily, pushing the guard to remove Sydney from Michael’s sight.

“Michael!” Sydney screamed as the guard began to pull her up the steps, knocking her into the wall without caring.

“I demand you stop this madness right now.” Michael yelled. “She did nothing wrong. You refuse to believe that someone in her class could be good enough to be with me, but I don’t care. I am the ruler, I get the final say, and I say that you’re dismissed! I love Sydney and no one will get in my way of marrying her, do you hear me!?”

Later that night as they were lying in bed together, Sydney thought back to his words. He had saved her and fired his advisor for her. She found out that they loved each other, but she knew she wasn’t being completely honest with him. He had it in his mind that they might someday get married, but Sydney didn’t think it would be a possibility.

“Michael?” Sydney whispered.

“What?” Michael rolled over to face her. He ran a hand through her hair and smiled, glad to have her with him after the chaos earlier that night. He had been afraid he might loose her forever and couldn’t bear the thought.

“I need to tell you something.”

TBC...

yayy great update :smiley: i'm glad Michael was able to save her. :love:

but now i'm worried. what does Syd have to tell him. hope its somthing good.

thanks for the PM. can't wait for more :D

maybe it's good news, you people are like the cemetary police! I hope Arvin gets stoned, that would be intersesting. I love Michael :love: Are you going to include Irina and Nadia again, ever, maybe, hopefully... thanks for the update btw.

love this story 2 death!

Nads

Chapter 18

“I need to tell you something about me.” Sydney said.

“Okay.” Michael sat up and wrapped her in his arms. He was getting more comfortable with cuddling with her, but Sydney feared it wouldn’t last much longer.

“I know you think I live somewhere close by, but I don’t.” Sydney started. “I come from this far far away place called America.”

“I’ve never heard of it.” Michael cut in.

“Well, you won’t. Not for another thousand years or so.” Sydney said bitterly.

“I don’t understand.”

“I know you’re gonna think I’m crazy- and frankly I think I’m crazy already- but I’m from the future.” Sydney explained.

“Okay…” Michael’s brow furrowed in confusion.

“I don’t know how I got here, but the last thing I remember was making a wish.” Sydney pulled out of Michael’s embrace. She felt like she was betraying him in some way for not telling him this before.

“What did you wish for?” Michael asked, trying to understand her story without passing judgment. It did seem a little crazy to him, but it strangely made sense with all the differences they had.

“I wished I could come back in time to when things were simpler, but now I see that I was wrong. Things in this time aren’t simple. Everything here is so hard compared to some of the stuff I was used to in the future. And the thing is, I’m not sure when I’m going back, if ever.”

“Is there any way to find out?”

“Well, the festival ends in three days…” Sydney answered.

“You think you’ll go back then?” Michael asked sadly. He could no longer fathom the thought of her not in his life and didn’t want to loose her. She nodded sorrowfully and started to cry. “Oh, Sydney, please don’t cry.” Michael’s heart broke, knowing she felt the exact same way as he did about her leaving.

“Just… hold me, please?” Sydney requested. Michael opened his arms to her and held her tightly through the rest of the night.

“Please tell me that was a dream…” Michael said when he awoke the next morning with Sydney’s arm draped across his chest.

“It wasn’t.” Sydney replied, holding onto him tighter, not wanting to let go.

“I don’t want you to leave.” Michael told her as his hand ran lazily across her bare arm.

“I don’t either.” Sydney sniffled. “Where you serious yesterday?” Sydney asked, thankful that he hadn’t pushed her away like she thought he would and was still there for her.

“When?”

“When you said you wanted to marry me?”

“Yes. I love you Sydney, and I can’t live without you.” Michael kissed Sydney’s lips gently.

“Can we get married?” Sydney suggested. It seemed like the only way they could be together at the moment. Maybe getting married would break the spell and allow her to stay with him.

“Is that what you want?” Michael asked with a smile. He wanted nothing more than to make her his wife and be with her for the rest of his life.

“More than anything.” Sydney kissed him back softly. “How fast can you arrange it?”

“I can have a priest perform the ceremony this afternoon.” Michael jumped out of bed and ran into the hallway excitedly. While he arranged their marriage, Sydney thought about how much she would miss this place if she had to leave. She was almost in tears by the time he returned.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He asked, sitting on the bed next to her.

“I’m just gonna miss this place so much…” Sydney wept and Michael pulled her into a hug.

“We should make the best of whatever time you have left.” Michael suggested, hating to see Sydney cry.

“Sorry, I’ll try not to cry anymore.” Sydney apologized, wiping the water from her eyes. She smiled at him and kissed him briefly.

“There’s the smile I love.” Michael smiled back at her.

“I can’t wait to be your wife.”

“Me neither.” Michael promised, looking deeply into her eyes.

TBC...

Back