On The Nile

Like I said before, they should enjoy the time they have together however short or long it could be.

It sounds like Michael is doing that. He is enjoying what they have and not thinking about how long they have together.
Sydney needs to do the same thing.

The priest said that the sand will bond them together for eternity. Is that a clue for the end.

Ohh only 2 more chapters? :(

At least they're happy now. Please don't let her go away. :blink:

Great chapter and thanks for the PM. :cool:

i love them married, and it is really funny trying to imageine michael falling down from the throne and breaking his nose, it's really sad, it really is. :lol:

Nads
Update soon, I love this fic!

OH {explitive}!!! Fudge Fudge Fudge!!! I CANNOT believe I didn't finish this!! it's been done and written since i started posting it OMG i totally thought i posted it all! uggggh I hope you all forgive me!!

So basically (a little plot summary for those of you that have forgotten): Syd and Prince Michael have just gotten married and it is coming to the end of the festival in Egypt....

Chapter 20

“Sydney-” Michael called as he watched his wife look through his clothes and jewelry. She cut him off before he could tell her to come back to bed though, to tell him what she was thinking about.

“Why don’t you call me something else?” She enquired.

“Like what?” Michael asked.

“Like a nickname… Like Syd or honey or baby.” Sydney listed.

“I like saying your name.” Michael smiled, gesturing for her to come back to the bed. She sat down next to him and kissed him briefly.

“Then how about Syd?” She asked.

“Okay, and do I get a nickname too?” He pretended to pout.

“Poohbear?” Sydney grinned.

“What does that even mean?” Michael laughed.

“How about sweetie or honey… Cupcake?”

“Is it all about food?” Michael replied. “Isn’t Michael good enough?”

“Fine.” Sydney pouted, sticking out her bottom lip. Michael leaned in and captured her lip between his, giving her a sweet kiss. “Ugh, how can I stay mad at you when you do that?” She asked rhetorically.

“Then don’t be mad.” Michael grinned and kissed her again.

“Can we just forget about it today?” Sydney asked when she woke up in Michael’s arms. She had already decided it was the best way to sleep and wake up but wondered how she would ever sleep again if she went back to the future. “I don’t wanna think about it.”

“Whatever you want.” Michael promised, thankful for another day with her.

In the morning hours Sydney took Michael back down to the river’s edge and then went swimming, Sydney teaching Michael some more about how to swim. They ate lunch back at the palace and Sydney for once let the servants make their meal because Michael wouldn’t allow her to leave his sight.

“I have an idea.” Sydney said minutes later. “I know the perfect place to go.”

“Okay.” Michael agreed and followed Sydney outside. He could see that it was almost time for the sun to set and wondered how the day had passed so quickly. “The Sphinx?” He asked as they stopped at the foot of the statue.

“It has the best view.” Sydney smiled, leading the way up the back of its neck like she had when she climbed it before.

“Wow.” Michael gasped when he sat next to Sydney, looking out over all of the city and into the sun. “This is amazing.”

“I found it that day I was mad at you.” Sydney explained. She leaned into Michael’s arms as they watched the sun fall beyond the horizon on what could become their last day together.

“Michael…” Sydney whimpered, as they got ready to climb into bed that night.

“What’s wrong?” He asked concerned.

“I don’t wanna go back…” She said sadly.

“Syd, there’s nothing we can do.” He said reasonably. He didn’t want her to leave, but he didn’t know how she would be able to stay. She was the most interesting person he had ever met and she stole his heart. He loved her and wanted nothing more than for her to stay with him forever.

“I don’t wanna leave you.” Sydney’s eyes were filled with tears. “Can’t you come with me?”

He smiled sadly. “As much as I would love too, I can’t.” He wrapped his arms around her as she cried into his chest.

“I’ll miss you.” Sydney promised, kissing him quickly as if it was her only chance.

“I’ll never forget you.” Michael replied, holding her for what might be the last time.

“I love you.” Sydney told him, clinging tightly to him as they got under the covers.

“I love you too.” Michael said as they sadly and quietly drifted off to sleep.

TBC... (sorry to make you maybe cry) only Epilogue left

Back