Once More Into The Breach...

Hey, there, I've just signed on with AllAlias against my better judgement.

Why against my better judgement? Because I'm on a few lists and boards and know, full well, how addicting they can be - and I used to think I had a life! :lol:

About me: I'm a bearded, bespectacled, chunky-but-spunky, middle-aged guy who is an entertainment omnivore: books, movies, TV, "the theatuh" - it's all good.

I'm a Canajun, eh? [Calgary, Alberta, Canada] And fortunate enough to live in a city where there's a world-class dinner theater that doesn't deal strictly in pablum [saw a killer production of "The Rocky Horror Show" there, last month].

Calgary, as it happens, is an entertainment omnivore's dream: we read more books, per capita, than anyplace else in Canada; see more movies, per capita, than anyplace else in Canada; have more more quality restaurants, per capita, than anyplace in North America [and my waistline is proff positive of that].

I've been a fan of SF/Fantasy/Horror, Mysteries and any [and all] quirky entertainment I can find, since I taught myself to read when I was three [about the only major achievement in my life, sad to say...].

I'm one of those people who knew about "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" - the TV series - months before The Frog began to publicize it.

Which brings me to "Alias" - in one of those "a friend of a friend of a friend" situations, I heard about the series well before it ever aired, and was parked in front of the tube with my snacks and sody pop well before showtime.

The premiere blew me away and now, I'm a diehard fan.

What I like about the show, besides its twisted take on family [at one point, the series was dealing with five different-yet-related families and their involvement in espionage], is the actual relationships that have been constructed and deconstructed through its first three seasons. [Although I certainly don't mind the stunts, the SF/Fantasy twists, or Sydney's multitudinous costumes and wigs].

As a TV writer for an online magazine I find that, even with the blips that occured during season three, "Alias" is still one of the best series on North American TV - and listed it in my article, "Eight Good Reasons To Keep Watching Television".

Anyroad, my nom de guerre is taken from an unsold comics idea I had some twenty years ago, now. [Maybe, someday...]. Just sayin'... :Ph34r:

Captain Average
Defender of the Buffet Table

'ello Captain Average! :hi:

:welcome: to AA! You're a diehard Alias fan? Ah, you'll have no problem fitting in then.

Have fun posting ^_^ And yes, message boards are very addictive, I'm trying to ween myself off the internet but I'm failing miserably :lol:

Hi and welcome to AA, Cap.... :hi:

It sounds like you will have alot to add in Alias discussions.... Check out Verdantheart's columns that are posted after each episode... (y)

Captain Average said:
Hey, there, I've just signed on with AllAlias against my better judgement.

Why against my better judgement? Because I'm on a few lists and boards and know, full well, how addicting they can be - and I used to think I had a life!  :lol:

I'm a Canajun, eh? [Calgary, Alberta, Canada] And fortunate enough to live in a city where there's a world-class dinner theater that doesn't deal strictly in pablum [saw a killer production of "The Rocky Horror Show" there, last month].

Calgary, as it happens, is an entertainment omnivore's dream: we read more books, per capita, than anyplace else in Canada; see more movies, per capita, than anyplace else in Canada; have more more quality restaurants, per capita, than anyplace in North America [and my waistline is proff positive of that].
[post="948209"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wow... *scribbles down note for next family trip*

Well... I know what you mean by how addicting boards and forums are. I'm on vacation right now and am using the hotel computer to post messages. :whistle:

Anyways, I'm an Ottawan Canuck [Ottawa, Ontario, Canada] in Toronto doing some sightseeing. Welcome to AA and enjoy your stay!! :hi:

Back