Once More

Ok, this is my first fanfic, so, if it sucks, it sucks, if it doesn't, well you get the point. Thanks for reading anyways! :blush:
Disclaimer:I do not own any of the great Alias characters, sadly, J.J Abrams and the Alias team do. I only own the characters that I have created for this story.
Genre: General/Action, semi-romance
Rating:PG-13, violence, coarse language.
Oh, and this is a AU of Alias (thats me assuming that AU means Alternate universe. Please correct me if im wrong)

Chapter 1

FIRST CAME THE SEERING PAIN IN HER shoulder. Then the room. The small, barely lit up stone room. It looked like it would be more at home at an old jailhouse somewhere,but it was too well built and secured. Then she heard his voice. The voice of the man who had shot her. It sounded like he was giving orders of some sort. Finally, she was fully awake, and aware that she was being held down by leather restraints. She looked around the room. There were 5 guards in total,make that 5 armed guards, along with the man and what looked to be a doctor.

The man looked up from whatever he had been reading before and looked at her like she was a defenseless puppy.

"Hello, Evergreen,"He said, using her callsign,"As you can see, you have been captured. Now, before we go any further, I am going to ask you a few simple questions, and you simply have to answer them. Can you do that?" She looked him in the eye, and clenched her jaw.

"I'll take that as a yes," He spoke with confidence and pride in his voice, and just a hint of...fear?

She noted "First question, what is your name?" She said nothing "Answer me, or we'll have to do this the hard way" he motioned to a tray of various instruments, each threatening to bring about their own brand of pain.

"Now, once more, what is your name?"

"Do you really think that i'm stupid enough to tell you that?" She spat. Her voice carried a light accent. "No, I don't think that you are stupid enough," He half sneered ,"I think, well thought, that you would be smart enough. Anyways, it doesn't matter, we will have the answer soon enough."

He motioned to the guards, three of them leaving while two of them took the instruments away. Both the man and the doctor left. Then the lights went out, leaving 'Evergreen' alone in the dark.
The lights snapped on, rousing Evergreen from her light sleep. The man walked towards her, and she saw that the doctor no longer was with him, but 2 more guards had been added.

"I told you we would find out who you were."
He said with a small smile. He looked at the papers in front of him and read them aloud, "Kathryn Anne Santos" He read off. She looked down and he knew that he was right. He continued "You are 22, born March 2, 2005, you work for," His eyes lit up just a bit "The CIA. How convenient."

He smiled to himself.

"This makes it even better." He turned to one of the guards and motioned for him to come closer. Then he whispered something to him and the guard left.
He half turned to her.

"My agency will send people after me. You should leave while you still have the chance... and legs." She half whispered. He laughed a bit to himself, "Really? Well, as I recall, your 'agency' left you here. It's been 12 hours, and still no one has shown up for you.What do you have to say to that?"
He chuckled as he walked out the steel door.

She refused to look away from him as he left, afraid to betray what she was feeling. Dread and fear that he was right, that no one was coming back for her. Just like no one had come back for her mother 18 years ago. Kat wondered if it had been like this for her mother. Scared, in pain. But her mother had not been alone as she was. Her Aunt Sydney had also been captured. She tried to picture her mother from the pictures she had seen of her.

Kat had only been four when her mother and Aunt were captured and killed on an op. Her father, Eric Weiss, tried to raise her the best he could, but it just wasn't the same.

He had resigned from APO half a year later. She remembered her mothers funeral. Her Grandpas Jack and Arvin had been there, along with her uncle Michael.

Marshall and Dixon were there too. More nameless, faceless agents that had served with her family were also in attendance. She remembered her father crying. It was the first time she had ever seen him cry. It made her cry with him.

When she had asked him when Mommy was getting home, he kneeled down and simply replied, "She's not."

Ohh! Readers^_^! Sure, you can both get a PM.

PM List:

syd-157
redwolf88

Chapter 2

" I WANT ANSWERS!" Arvin Sloanes voice boomed inside the white walls of the APO conference room. Around him, seated on blood-red couches sat Jack Bristow, Marshall Flinkman, Steven and Robin Dixon, Marcus' children and Mitchell Flinkman, Marshall's son.

Jack looked up at Arvin from the report he had been reading, the de-brief of their last mission.

"Arvin, really. Pointing fingers will not help us get Agent Santos back." He paused slightly at mentioning 'Santos', aware that that name would pertain to Nadia, as well as her daughter.

"We shouldn't even have to get her back, and if it wasn't for all of your sloppiness on the last mission, we wouldn't have to." Sloane seethed, looking around the room, his eyes stopping longer than necessary on Jack before returning to the screen before him, bearing the surveillance tape of the mission.

"Sorry i'm late" A new voice came throught the opening doors. A woman walked through. Her eyes met Jacks and he nodded slightly.

"It's nice for you to join us, Agent Bristow" Sloane said, sarcasm dripping from his voice as he addressed the newcomer.

Samantha Anne Bristow was almost 23, three months older than her cousin. Her chestnut brown hair touched her shoulders. her eyes matched her hair. She was truly the spittiing image of her late mother.

She took her seat beside Jack, opposite Steven. Their eyes met and lingered for a bit, then she looked away, up to where Sloane was.

"So, where were we?" She asked.

The screen switched to a photo that APO had been sent from Szarkiewicz Ulric, the man that they had supposedly been there to save, but in the end, he turned on them. It showed a small, dimly lit cell. There was a metal table in the middle, and on the table, there was a woman.

Her dark brown hair clung to her face, but one mismatched dark pink clump fell onto the metal. Her naturally tanned skin was bruised and cut all over. You could just barely make out her eyes. They matched her hair perfectly, but even from the photograph you could see the pain beneath them. Her clothing was in shreds near the edges, and her left shoulder was saturated in blood. Her blood.

When the image flickered on, Sam looked away, her eyes burning. She wanted to cry, scream, yell, and throw things, but she realised that it wouldn't help her cousin or the situation. No, she would stay composed.

It was supposed to be just a simple extraction job, but it had all blown up in their faces when they realised, to late however, that the man that they were supposed to extract was really just a decoy to get them into the building.Ulric had planned this, to get them into one place to 'remove' them without the difficulty of hunting and tracking them down.

All of them got out in time, except for Kat. She had been the last to get to the exit, but it had been securely sealed. She could see her friends, her family just on the other side of the door. But when they saw her, when they looked back to help her, she had urged them onwards.

When she did, they went. They had no choice. When she turned around, her mind racing to try and find a possible exit route, the man was waiting for her. Thats when he shot her. Sam saw it happen. She had tried to wait for her cousin, but it was too late. She couldnt do anything to stop him or to help her. She silently blamed herself for this, but she did not voice her guilt to the others.

Kathryn leaned her head against the cool concrete wall, grateful that the leather restraints had been removed from her arms. Then again, they did move her into an even smaller, even darker cell. It made her previous prison seem luxurious. SHe was thinking about her mother, for what seemed to be the hundredth time since she awoke.

"I wish you were here, I wish you could help me" She silently begged the Gods to send her mother, or anyone with good intentions to her.A solitary tear slid down her cheek. She brushed it away.

She sighed. 'Nows not the time to feel sorry for yourself' she chided herself in her mind. But she did wonder what was happening at APO right now. She knew that they would be back by now, and that her grandfather was most likely yelling at the others for their incompetence here.

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing the man.

"Hello there, Kathryn. How are you doing?" He asked, motioning to her arm.

"Im fine, thanks for asking" She said sarcastically to him.

"You know, its been a full 24 hours now, and it doesn't seem like your agency is sending anyone. Oh well, their loss" He chuckled to himself, as if it was indeed funny and that she was going to help him, which was as far off the mark as he could get.

"Aren't you mad at them for leaving you here? I know I would be if my friends deserted me." He said to her, condeceningly.

"I dont blame them at all. It wasn't any of them who shot me. No, no, as I recall, that was all you." She said icily.

"Well, are you ready to tell me where she is?" He asked suddenly, changing the topic.

"Who? where who is?" She questioned. Sam? Robin?...mom?? Who? She thought, puzzled by the man's imposing question.

"Once again, where is she?" He sounded like he was angry this time.

"Whoever you are, I have no idea who you mean." She said to him truthfully.

"Then we shall wait" He said as he walked out of the room, leaving Kat in darkness.

Hope you like it! PLease read and review!

Sure, Smcki10, you can get a PM! And your just gonna have to wait to see who it it. Hopefully i'll get the next chapter up by wednesday, but it might be a little late, i have exams.

PM List:
Syd-157
redwolf88
smcki10

:smiley: Thanks for reading! -Taylor

Hey, this is up sooner than expected, b/c i had some free time! Gotta love that free time ^_^
Anyways, here:

Chapter 3
~~~
"What are we going to do?" A lightly accented voice whispered

"I don't know, but we'll be alright. I promise that much" Another voice answered the first.

"How can you be so sure?" The first voice asked

"Because, we always are" The second stated, signaling the end of that conversation.

Dark, expressive eyes looked at the holder of the second voice.The womans mouth was drawn in a worrisome line. "I hope your right, Sydney" she spoke quickly and quietly, as if at any moment, guards would rush through the door and end their conversation, and all others, permanetly.

Sydney Bristow looked across the small holding cell at her younger sister, Nadia Santos. She tried not to let her eyes betray the fear that she held, for the sake of her sister.

"Don't worry, I always am" She smiled slightly, trying to reassure Nadia.

But it didn't seem to work.

"I just wish I could see them once more" Nadia whispered, almost inaudibly, as a tear surfaced and slid down her cheek.

Sydney wiped it away and responded, "I know"

"If I don't make it" Nadia started

"No." Sydney looked at her sister firmly "Don't think like that. Your going to get out of here. We both are."

"Im just saying. If I don't, please tell Kat and Eric I love them." She looked at Sydney. Her sister had a look of understanding in her eyes.

"I know you'll do the same for me" Sydney smiled sadly.

"Of course" Nadia said, some of the worry leaving her eyes. "But...what if we both don't make it?"

"Then... they'll know, regardless. But you can't think like that." Nadia could see her sister was having difficulty saying the sentence.

"Sydney..." Nadia started, as if she anticipated what was going to happen only seconds from now.

"Yeah?" Sydney replied.

"I love you." She managed to say, just as the door burst open and a personal army of guards entered, their guns raised at them.

"You too" Sydney choked out, just as a spray of bullets came at them. Then everything went black.
~~~
Kat awoke with a start.

What the hell? She thought to herself. What was that?

She tried replaying the scene that she had dreamed of, but it was soon dissipating from her mind.

Was I... dreaming about Mom and Sydney? But they were here! Here where I am! It was too lifelike, and... All this pondering was hurting her head.

She decided to not think much of it for now, but... she couldn't shake the feeling that it was more than just a dream.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We shouldn't be focusing on Ulric!" Mitchell Flinkman shouted at Sloane "We should be focusing on getting Kat back safely! She's your Granddaughter, for Godsakes!"

"Agent Flinkman, we are doing all that we can-" Sloane started

"No we aren't!" Samantha Bristow retorted to her cousins grandfather. She couldn't help but hate him, after all that he had done to her mother,to her, not to mention the 'mans' Daughter and Granddaughter.

"She's still out there, and were sitting here debating whether or not to do something about it! She could be dead now for all we know!" Mitchell fired at Sloane.

"Let's not let our personal feeling get in the way of taking this from a professional angle, Agent Flinkman" Sloane scolded him.

"No, Sloane, we should let our personal feeling get in the way and help influence our decision. She's not only your granddaughter, shes an exceptional agent!" Sam said to him, resisting the urge to beat some sense into him.

"Then what do you suppose we do, Agent Bristow?" He said, looking at her challengingly

"I think that we should construct a team and go in after Kat" She met his challenge.

"Then, I suggest you do just that. Wheels up in half an hour" He smiled that sickly smile.

"What? Yes-yes sir." Sam was taken aback by the suddeness of his words, as were all the others in the room.

~~~~~~~~(>Team consists of: Sam Bristow, Mitchell Flinkman, Robin and Steven Dixon,And Jack Bristow, and Marshall Flinkman on call.

"Phoenix?" Marshall's voice came over Sam's earpiece. Both Sam and Kat had adopted their mothers callsigns, as a sign of both respect and admiration.

"Go ahead, Merlin." Came Sam's quick and silent reply

"I count six hostils surrounding the facility, and at least fourty-seven armed inside. Thats not even accounting for the ones without detectable weapons." he whispered, clearly intimidated by the odds.

"Nice to know" Mitchell snorted lightly.

"Hawkeye, do you have the guards in sight yet?" Steven questioned Mitchell.

"Negative, Hydra" Mitchell replied.We have to hurry. She might- He didn't let himself finish his sentence. He couldn't think like that. Everything just started to go good. He and Kat were happy for the first time in, well, a long time.

"Wait! I might have something!" Robin whispered hurridly.

"What is it, Aquamarine?" Jack questioned from the relative security of the van he and Marshall inhabited some one and a half kilometers away.

"I just spotted three guards, if you guys can make the other three, then were in business." Came her reply

"Just wait a second..." Mitchell trailed off, just as the said guards came into his line of sight.

"Got them!" He whispered triumphantly

"Ok, on three then," Sam whispered, ignoring the almost palpable fear that no doubt surrounded the rest of the team.

"One.." Sam started

"Two..." Both Mitchell and Robin got their guns ready

"Three!" A total of six guards went down, their lives ended by six real bullets. There would be almost no tranqs on this extraction.

"Okay, everyone move in!" Came Marshalls enthusiastic signal over their earpieces. "We have just over five minutes to get in and disable the security system before we are noticed."

"Thats fine with us. Just work your amgic, Merlin" Sam whispered. She could almost hear Marshall's grin on
the other side of the earpiece.

And with that, they were in, and ready to get Kathryn back.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kathryn looked down at the 'meal' that had been served to her. She had no idea what substance could be in it, if there was anything, but she really didn't want to take a chance.

Oh well, She thought At least if its Sodium Pentothal ((Truth Serum)) I won't be able to tell the man where... whoever he was asking about is, because I won't know who he IS talking about. Even if I do, I might not know where they are. But, hopefully they didn't poison it.

She took a small bite of the potatoes that had been placed alongside some peas, and a rather pathetic piece of thinly cut dry chicken.At least the food isn't that bad she smiled inwardly a bit.

Soon they'll come for me, and I won't have to worry that much about poison in my food.

Once or twice throughout her small meal, she could have sworn that she heard an alarm of some sort, but she figured that she was imagining it.

Her lack of sleep, or a number of other things could be tricking her mind into thinking it heard something that really wasn't there.

She would only believe it when someone was inside her cell with her. Preferably to get her out of here.
Once they were inside, Sam, Steven and Robin went into action. Mitchell was guarding the perimeter for them, just incase they had some unexpected, or unwanted, guests.

He just wished that he could be in there with them, helping them get Kat out safely.

"Whats your status, Phoenix?" Jack said over the channel. He had a strange sense of familiarity, using the same callsign that Sydney had to contact her daughter.

"We're in the clear for now, Raptor" Sam whispered

Suddenly there was a short blast of gunfire.

"Report, Phoenix! What has happened?" Jack demanded, worry in his voice

"We encountered some hostiles, but we have proceeded to take them out." Came Sams short explanation.

"Okay, schematics and intell indicate that Kat is being held on the fourth floor, seventh wing." Marshall whispered.

"OK. Thanks, Merlin. We'er going radio-silent until we get to her." Sam said, indicating that they were on there way.

"Ok. Be careful" Jack said, before the line went dead.

Sam, Robin and Steven made their way to the first floor elevators. They had to take out eight guards along the way. Once they eached the elevator, they got in, pressed the fourth floor button, and were promptly asked for a security code once they reached the off-limits fourth floor.

"Remember, we'll have five seconds before the alarms go off, and then only thirty before the guards reach us. That means we have a total of thirty-five seconds to get in and do our jobs." Sam relayed the information that Marshall had given them.

The two nodded, indicating that they understood their parts.

Sam took aim at the box that was now demanding a code and fired off three shots, while Robin and Steven both manually opened the elevator doors. They all ran out, Robin and Steven going the opposite ways of that which Sam was going.

Sam ran until she located a reinforced door displaying the numbers 47.

How appropriate She thought. After all the Rambaldi related things in the past, that Kat would be held in the fourty-seventh door.

She took out a small mechanical device and placed it on the latch of the door. It aptly figured out the combination, and she opened the door quickly.

There, on the cold concrete floor, sat a young woman, her dark brown hair matted, and sticking to her face. A familiar dark pink streak stood out against the rest. Her darks eyes that were filled with fear at first, now were showing recognition, and hope.

"Sam?" She asked, her throat scratchy and displaying her disbelief.

Sam ran in and helped her up, then pulled her in for a quick hug "Kat!" She whispered, thankful.

"Hurry, we need to get you out of here. We only have a short time before the guards are here." She said, rushuing out the doors to Robin and Steven, who then helped them get to the roof and into an awaiting helicopter with Mitchell in it.

However, they did not know that no guards would come, no matter how long they waited.
He was watching the small surveillence monitor with a small smile. It had all gone as planned.

He supressed the urge to laugh out loud at the Agents not even realising that this is what they wanted to happen. They played right into my hands he thought cheerily to himself.

"Alert Mr.Sloane" He said.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Please read and review! I hope you like it!

Yay! Exams AND school are over! 2 and a half months off! :woot: Sorry for this being late, and PM's will be out soon. OK, now here's the next chapter, hope you like it ^_^

Chapter 4

"God, it's good to be out of there" Kathryn Santos said to her cousin, Samantha Bristow, with a small smile.

"I can imagine" Sam said back to her, walking in from the kitchel and handing her a steaming cup of coffee.

Sam and Kathryn were in their house. Ever since her mother was killed, and with her father being unable to handle taking care of her, Kat had lived with her cousin and Uncle. When she and Sam got older, they decided that it would be better if they lived together, as sort of support for each other.

"Thanks," Kat took a sip of the hot liquid "This is the first real food i've had in a while" She motioned down to the half-eaten plate of pasta.

"Didn't you eat on the plane home?" Sam asked

"I said real food" Kat replied, smiling.

Its nice to see that she's feeling better Sam thought to herself.

The past 24 hours had ben hectic ones. After being rescued from Szarkiewicz Ulric, Kat had been taken to the APO hospital to get a quick look over. They had bandaged up her shoulder, and they were now runnign tests on her blood.

After that, she had gone to Sloane to give him a brief overview of her time in the hands of the enemy.

Then he had dismissed her, and she had gone with Sam, Mitchell, Steven and Robin back to her house. Mitchell had been the last to leave.

"Can I tell you something without you thinking that im crazy?" She asked Sam.

"Yeah, of course" Sam replied, setting her own cup of coffee down on the table and looking at her cousin.

"When I was in there," Kat started, staring off out the window at the rain falling outside, "I had these... dreams?" The last part almost sounded like a small question.

"They were about..." She started again, tears forming in her eyes "They were about our Mothers. But the thing is, they were really lifelike, almost as if I was watching a movie, or documentary. It was like...I was there.

"They were in the same cell that I was, and they were really beaten up. They were talking about... us.That they loved us, and our dads, that they were sorry that they couldn't see us once more. Almost like they anticipated what was going to happen. What did happen" She whispered as a tear slid down her cheek. She hastily wiped it away.

"I-I saw it. Them."

"What do you mean?" Sam inquired gently

"I saw them being killed" She whispered, tears streaming down her face, the pain evident in her voice.

"Kat..." Sam whispered, her voice full of concern and sympathy.

She got up and hugged her cousin.

Shes doing well for someone who saw their motehr killed. I certainly wouldn't be able to hold up if I saw that. Sam thought to herself, respecting her younger cousin for her strength.

"Sam," Kat started, pulling apart.

"Yeah?" Sam said, looking at her cousin.

"How...why could I see that? How is that possible? That I could see their past?" Kat wondered.

"I have no idea whatsoever." Sam stated bluntly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have your blood test results!" Marshall shouted to Kathryn as he rushed over to where she, Sam and Robin were standing and talking.

He handed Kat the paper.

"Is that what I think it is?" Kat questioned

"Yeah" He smiled sadly

"How is that possible?" She whispered to him, not taking her eyes off the slip of paper.

"Thats what I said. Well, not exactly what I said. It was more along the-"

"Marshall" Sam said gently to the rambling genius as she looked over Kat's shoulder at the paper.

"Whoa" She whispered, her sight fixed on the sheet.

"Marshall, how accurate are these tests?" Kat asked, knowing full well that they were almost, if not, 100% accurate.

"Well, they are, to sum it up in one word, perfect" He shrugged a bit and gave her another sad smile.

"I need to talk to Sloane" Kat said, walking off towards her grandfathers office.

When she got there, he was just ending a phone conversation.

"Thats perfect. Thank you." He hung up.

"Ah, Kathryn, what can I do for you?" He smiled to her and motined for her to sit.

"Thats alright, i'll stand. I need to talk to you about my blood test. About this." She handed him the paper.

"Well that certainly is remarkable." He whispered as he read the sheet, his expression unreadable.

"Remarkable? REMARKABLE? They just found trace amounts of the same substance that almost ruined my mothers life, that you used to almost ruin my mothers life, in my blood, and that to you is remarkable?." Kathryn nearly shouted, her eyes stinging.

"Kathryn, you have to realise that I was a different man back then. It was a whole different life for me then." Sloane spoke with a hint of sadness in his voice, as if he was longing for that life once more.

"I think that you should take the day off, it's too soon for you to be back at work. Plus, with the added stress of this revalation, you must be exhausted" Sloane smiled at his granddaughter, but his smile was met with a scowl.

"Fine." Kat said, and with that, she walked out of his office. After saying goodbye and explaining to her friends why she was leaving, she drove home and immediatly fell asleep on her bed.
~~~~~~~

Sloane walks into the room where Nadia is handcuffed to a chair.

"Please, don't do this.Please don't." Nadia begs her newfound father.

"I wish there could be another way." Sloane replies as he injects her with the Rambaldi fluid.

Nadia starts convulsing and Sloane gives her oxygen.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

~~~~~~~

Kat woke up, startled.

"Not again" She whispered to herself, tears forming in her eyes.

Its bad enough that I had to watch her die, now I have to watch her live through that. That evil, that pain, that terror... that man.

Once again, sorry for the delays, ive been out at my cabin, and had only minimal computer contact. Hopefully this is a good chapter :smiley:

Chapter 5

Kat woke up with a pounding headache. Her bed sheets were tossed around, and she was sweating. She had been sleeping fitfully the past few nights, waking up every few hours and always feeling the same.

If the dreams of her mother didn't awaken her, the nightmares did.

She looked at the red display of her clock, even though she didn't have to. She already knew the time. 3:14.

Kat had woken up at the same time for 3 days straight, but she had no idea why.

After trying in vain to fall asleep again, she walked quietly out her door into the kitchen. She got out two Tylenol and started the kettle, placing a teabag in a mug as she did.

Kat tried to remember what she had just saw.

~~~~~~~~
She had been walking through a forest of some sorts, Evergreen and Poplar trees were scattered around, mostly blocking the moonlight that streamed through in patches.

There was a light -fire- in a clearing about 50 yards away from where she was. As she got closer, she could make out a shape around the fire. There was a person standing towards the fire, their back to her.

Kat walked even faster, wanting to see the person. Finally, she got to the beginning of the clearing.

She could make out dark hair on the figure that she believed was a woman. She stepped behind her, almost knowing before she knew.

The woman turned. "Mom?"

"You shouldn't be here." Her mothers voice was raspy, like she hadn't used it in a long time. Her eyes were a mix of brown, green and an orangy red. Her hair was stringy, but perhaps the most disturbing thing about her was the fact that she had holes -bulletholes- scattered about her torso.Dried blood was around them

"Leave.
Now."

"But..."

Nadia stared into her daughters eyes, and aimed a gun at her chest.
"You shouldn't be here."she whispered.

And shot her.

That had been when she woke up.
~~~~~~~~~~
Kat sighed and poured the steaming water into her mug. She let it steep for a while and then popped the Tylenol in her mouth and swallowed them with a gulp of hot tea.

She heard footsteps behind her.

"Kat?" It was Samantha. "Whats up?"

"I-" Kat debated telling her cousin why she really was up. Well, not about telling her so much as devulging the specifics. "I couldn't sleep."

"Did you have another...dream?" Sam said quietly, sitting beside Kat and pouring herself some water in a mug and tossing in a teabag.

"I did." Kat whispered."But this wasn't like the other dreams. I was in this."

"As a child?" Sam questioned gently.

"No. As I am now. I was walking through a forest, and there was a clearing. A fire was burning, and someone was standing around it. They were facing away from me.

When i got to the clearing, when I was behind her, she turned. It was my mom. She looked like she had been shot. Many times. her eyes were...different.Distant.

She told me that I shouldn't be there, that I had to leave, but when I protested, she..." Kat paused, her eyes growing distant. "She shot me. And thats when I woke up."

"That couldn't have been something that happened to her, or even a memory of mine." Kat finished.

"Yeah." Sam whispered, looking at her cousin with concern. "Are you alright? I mean, this has to be kind of depressing, if not stressful and painful to you." She took a sip of her tea.

"Im... Not sure, to put it bluntly. This is all just too much for right now. The dreams, the nightmares, the...whatever that was, my blood test. Its just..." Kat whispered, tears in her eyes. She pushed them away.

"I know" Sam smiled sadly at her cousin, squeezing her hand. 'But we will be alright."

"How can you be so sure?" Kat asked.

"Because we always are" Sam smiled at her.

But her smile was met with a deep frown.

"What did you say?"

"That we always are OK. No matter what happens. Why?" Sam's face was worried.

"Thats what they said. Our mothers. before they were killed." Kat whispered, her eyes growing distanced.

"It has to be a coincidence, right?" Sam said, worry nagging at the edge of her mind.

"Yeah...It must be" Kat agreed.

Just as all the lights in the house shut off, and a loud bang could be heard. Both women jumped up. Sam was the first to laugh. "It was just thunder. The power just went out"

"Yeah."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what did you tell him?" A slightly accent voice asked. The owner of the voice was smiling. A rare thing these days.

"I just told him that we are going to be going over some mission specs." Mitchell Flinkman smiled at Kathryn Santos.

"And he believed you? Just like that?" She said in disbelief.

"Just like that." He smiled, and gave her a light kiss.

"Careful," She teased, her smile widening, "Sloane might see us."

"So now its just Sloane? No Grandpa?" Mitchell questioned lightly with a smile.

"Nope. Just Sloane." She replied. "Now, we should get going before he realises that were not actually going over mission specs."

"Okay. We'll take my car. You're going to love this place. It serves the best Argentine food that you will ever have tasted. It will make you think your back in Buenos Aires." He smiled at her.

"Do I really want to go back there?" Kat asked him, only half-jokeing.

"Only if you want to." He said seriously, looking into her eyes. "Do you?"

"I guess it would be good..." She trailed off.

"Then its settled. Were going." He kissed her again, and they headed out.

In his office, Sloane was smiling to himself. Even if I forced this upon them, it couldn't have worked out better. Tonight, it begins.He thought to himself.

Thanks for reading ^_^ Sorry for the holdups :blush: (n)

Chapter 5

"But really, what did you do?" Mitchell Flinkmans voice carried lightly through the air. It was filled with a mixture of awe and enjoyment.

"I picked the lock on the desk." Kathryn Santos replies honestly.

Mitchell had asked about Kat's school years when she had moved away from LA with Sam and Vaughn.
She had recalled the time when Sam's phone had been confinscated by their Senior 2 (grade 10) teacher, Mme.Brisboi, and (with a little help from a big distraction) Kat had managed to get the phone out of the locked desk drawer with only mild bumps in her plan, she had explained.

"Unfortunatly, one of those bumps was Mme.Brisboi returning to class early. Apparently, Lilly's bout of severe nausea washed over really quickly. Quick enough that I didnt have enough time to get away..." She trailed off

"And?" Mitchell questioned gently.

"And I got detention for the next two months. I, apparently -And I quote- 'Am lucky that im not spending the rest of my school days locked up and rotting in a juvenile detention center." Kat smiled at the warm memory.

"Why didn't you?" Mitchell returned the smile

"Because Sam had said that she pressured me into doing it. Which is why she got two months too. And why we both had to go see the counsellor every week for a lecture on Peer Pressure. Apparently, im easily persuaded." Her laugh was met with one of his.

They quieted for a moment, looking into each others eyes. Then Kat looked away.

"What? Whats wrong?" Mitchell whispered to her quietly, his voice full of concern.

"She also said that I only act out because im starving for attention. Something about still being majorly impacted by the death of my mother, and that im doing this so that someone will pay me attention. Not that I haven't had enough attention over the years" She trailed off.

"Hey." He whispered, taking her hand over the table "It's alright"

She looked down to the ground and stared there for a rather long moment.

"What is it" he looked at her worriedly. Her grip on his hands got far tighter than comfortable for Mitchell.

"Kat?" He prompted "Kat?"

She looked up at him, her eyes glinting a mix of the normal chocolate brown, a little hint of blue, but the most omnious was the emerald green and red.

"Whats happening?" Mitchell voice grew in volume and urgency.

"I-I dont know" Kat said, trembling and gripping Mitchell tightly.

"We need to get out of here" He said, getting up and hastily throwing a fifty onto the table. He led her by the hand out of the small, cozy restaurant and into the alley behind it.

"Kat, what the hell is happening?" Mitchell nearly yelled.

She looked at him again. This time the brown and blue were taken over by the eerie green and red.

She started speaking in a foreign language, an unknown one to Mitchell. It sounded like she was trying to tell him something. Her tone was urgent, her eyes were flashing.

"Kat...KAT! I cant understand you!" He yelled

She repeated something faintly, then she stopped. Stood instantly still and quiet. She looked just past his head. She spoke a single word, then pointed. He turned to look, not fully realising that she had let go of his arm.

When he turned, she was running away from him.

"Kat! STOP!" He yelled, chasing after her. He could hear her laughing as she scaled an emergency staircase to the top of a nearby building. He climbed them right behind her. He was only 2 levels below her.

When she reached the top, she ran to the edge of the building. The one facing the street.

"Kathryn, please. Get back" He pleaded.

" Mirada. El Ojo. Me ve. Le ve. Nos ve porque estamos antes de él. Pronto todo estará antes de él. Entonces, nadie sufrirán siempre otra vez*." She said, pointing up to the sky, where, if you looked close enough, you could make it out. It was faint, but true.

The Eye of Rambaldi

"What the..." He whispered. He looked back to Kat. She was walking closer to the edge, her eyes transfixed upon the stars. "Watch it, Kat" He shouted to her.

"No importa si muero ahora o más adelante, yo terminará para arriba en el mismo place.We que todo . Antes de él. Servirlo. Usted lo sabe tanto como lo hago." She whispered to him as she stood on the edge. He ran towards her.

Only to see her drop.
________________________________________________________________________________
~~~>Thanks for reading, as always:smiley: Sorry for the cliffhanger.
Translations for those like me who, sadly, cannot read Spanish
*Look. The Eye. It sees me. It sees you. It sees us because we are before it. Soon everything will be before it. Then, no one will ever suffer again.
**It doesn't matter if i die now or later, i'll end up in the same place.We all will. Before him. Serving him. You know it as much as I do.

Pm's shall go out now to the
following:
Syd-157
redwolf88
smcki10
NadiaSantosFan
Irishprincess
And sydneymichael

Back