One 4 Gemstone

First off, that is one goofy-lookin' dude. Secondly, haha. Also: Who'd play $5 per hour for a game? I mean, I could understand if it was, like, a holo-deck, or something, but... A MUD? I think not.

You silly old people!

Back when that stuff existed, I think ll I knew in the way of computers was of the black and green screens they had us play Word Muncher on at my elementary school. Besides that, didn't really hear much about technology until around 7 years later.. Imagine coming out of the woods to see electricity and cable tv..wow, was I spoiled after that..

You silly old people!

Back when that stuff existed, I think ll I knew in the way of computers was of the black and green screens they had us play Word Muncher on at my elementary school. Besides that, didn't really hear much about technology until around 7 years later.. Imagine coming out of the woods to see electricity and cable tv..wow, was I spoiled after that..

That is totally me. I remember in like, 97 or so running home from summer school to babble at my parents about this "internet" thing I'd been on and how I looked up Dave Letterman's Top 10 Lists on it XD

...Wow, that's sad. Both because Letterman's so very annoying, and because I don't really remember ever not having a computer. OK, well, I guess I got my first one at around five years old, so... I kind of remember, but not clearly.

One of my favorite games when I was a kid was this text-based game where you could choose which animal to be, then you had to make decisions and try to survive. I remember you could be a rabbit, a moose, or a snake... Also a fox, I think. Anyway, it was fun, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

and because I don't really remember ever not having a computer.

Youngins.

Why, in my day, we didn't have these fancy-smansy hard drives. You either put it on a floppy drive (and a proper floppy drive is 5 1/4" wide and only held enough information to put your name and phone number on), you backed it up on tape. Not those slim zip drives, either, big tapes, nearly the size of your 11" monitor. And we had to do it both ways, in the snow.

And we didn't have graphical adventures. No siree. We had grues. And they were likely to eat you.

CBS was the only channel growing up that wasn't prone to be gray and fuzzy, so to me David Letterman was the funniest guy ever... but only so far as the top 10 list. After that I stopped watching cause his interviews were boring.

I remember playing Reader Rabbit in second grade :D That was my first time ever being on a computer. And you had to ask the teacher to switch out the floppy discs if you wanted to play the math game instead of the reading one :D

CBS was the only channel growing up that wasn't prone to be gray and fuzzy, so to me David Letterman was the funniest guy ever... but only so far as the top 10 list. After that I stopped watching cause his interviews were boring.

I remember playing Reader Rabbit in second grade :D That was my first time ever being on a computer. And you had to ask the teacher to switch out the floppy discs if you wanted to play the math game instead of the reading one :D

I remember seeing that game in fourth grade!

..And you're older than me. My town must have really been behind the times..

Back