One Day...

Title: One Day
Author: Derevkointraining

Disclaimer: i don’t own anything besides my creative thoughts. Characters have been borrowed from JJ Abrams. Also, large portions of dialogue from various Alias episodes have been used, although jumbled together, hehe. I am just borrowing the words :smiley:

Rating: PG-13, because of some mild language in some parts
Summary: A/U - This is S/V, my version of S3. Definitely AU S3. Sydney is being held as Julia and returns to the CIA in a similar fashion as the show, however, there is one link between them that changes everything...

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all enjoy.

Chapter 1

A tear rolled down my cheek as I gazed at the beautiful little girl sleeping soundly in the stroller right in front of me.
“I’m so sorry to do this to you sweetheart, but it’s for your own good and one day I’ll explain everything.”
My daughter emitted a sigh in her sleep, as if she heard what I was saying to her. My heart was breaking.
“They say life is like a box of chocolates.” A man’s voice broke into my thoughts as he sat down on the bench next to me.
“You never know what you are going to get.” I turned to look at the man. “Keith Erikkson?”
The man nodded and flipped open the stone on his ring. “Anti-bug device, just in case.” I nodded. “You must be Sydney. Jack’s showed me your picture before. You ready for this?”
“I have to be. Let’s go.” Together we walked with the baby to his car and disappeared inside.

>o<

Thirty minutes later, small hotel on the outskirts of Rome.

“I really appreciate you and your family agreeing to raise Lily. The Covenant wants to inject her with the Rambaldi DNA they anticipate finding and I couldn’t bear to have my daughter turned into a science project.”
“Sydney, after the number of times your father has done favors for me, I can’t even begin to repay him. When he called with this favor, my wife and I were only too happy to help. And she’s a few months younger than our own daughter so they will be great friends.”
I smiled. “You have a little girl too?” Keith pulled out a picture of a little girl with light hair and bright blue eyes.

“This is my Davina. Davi, for short. She’s about ten months old now, looks exactly like Jonna, my wife. Except for the eyes. Those are mine.”
“That’s like Lily! She looks like me except she has her daddy’s eyes.” I glanced over to where my precious six month old was still sleeping peacefully.
“Sydney, she’s beautiful. Can I ask why you named her Lily?”
“It’s actually Lilybelle. I know it’s a little odd but I thought it sounded beautiful. Lilies are my favorite flowers and Belle is just an adorable name. So I combined the two, but I mostly just call her Lily. Her middle name is Vaughn. That’s her daddy’s last name.”

“Lilybelle Vaughn Bristow. That’s a beautiful name.”
I could only smile. If I tried to talk, I would cry.
“Sydney, she’s going to be fine and you know where we are to come visit. Anytime. We have plenty of guest rooms.”
“I know she’s in good hands. I’ll try to come to Geneva as soon as I can. Did my dad get you all the supplies and equipment we talked about?”
“Indeed. We have the video camera and will record everything we can about this little one for you. And he sent the clothes, money and diapers.”
“Good. That’s just for starters. We set up the account under…”
“Sydney, I know all of this. Your dad and I talked about it thoroughly. No one is going to know about her and I don’t think you two could possibly do any more for her, or for us, to take care of her. All we need is for you to come visit, whenever you can. Your dad already agreed to come see her too.”
“He did?” I was surprised. “He’s going to come visit her in Geneva?”
“He can’t wait to meet her.”
I couldn’t help it. I started to cry. Keith turned and pulled me into a hug.
“Sydney…I hate to say this, but we have to get you back before they get suspicious. Are you ready for this part?”

I sighed. “Yeah. Let me just say goodbye to her.” I walked over to the stroller and gently tickled my baby’s stomach. Lily gurgled and slowly opened her eyes, breaking into a big smile when she saw me standing above her.
“Come here you.” I picked her up and hugged her close. “Listen, sweet pea…Mommy needs to go do a very important job and you are going to go live with some of Grandpa’s friends. Just remember that I love you very much.” I watched Lily’s face get very serious while I was talking to her. I swear sometimes I think she actually understands the things I say to her. Reluctantly, I kissed my baby girl and put her back in the stroller.

“All right, Keith. Let’s get this over with.”
Keith nodded. “OK, and then Sven and Mark will take you back to the park.”
“And toss me out of the car…” I said with a wry smile.
“Sydney – it was your idea…”
“I know. I know. It has to look real. Let’s go.” I felt his large fist slam into my jaw and knock me down to the floor. “Umph! Am I bleeding?”
Keith looked miserable. He hated having to do that. “I think it’s fine, Sydney. I’m really sorry.”
“I’ll contact you soon. Take care.” Without another look, I walked out of the hotel room, away from the last thing connecting me to Vaughn.

>o<

(Forty-five minutes later)
“THEY TOOK HER…my baby!! She’s GONE!!” I was the picture of an insane woman, screaming to the Covenant leaders that my baby was kidnapped from me in the park and I didn’t know by whom.
“Sedate her! Someone! Guards!”
They were getting frustrated with me, I could tell. But I had to keep going. The next step was to sink into a deep depression before starting to cooperate with them again. I didn’t think I’d have a hard time pretending to “miss” my daughter.
As I was led back to my room, I felt a needle stick into my arm, no doubt giving me some sort of drug that would induce at least twelve hours of sleep. I welcomed the solitude.

>o<

Geneva, Switzerland

“Jonna?”
“I’m here Keith.” Jonna walked out of the nursery carrying Davina. “Ooohh… is she here?”
“Yes. This is Lilybelle Vaughn Bristow. Lily for short. Sydney and Jack will visit whenever they are able to.”
“She’s so cute. What an adorable name! How has she been with you for the past few days?”
“Jonna, this is the sweetest baby. She’s a lot calmer that Davi for sure! Maybe she’ll be a good influence.”
Lily watched the adults interact and smiled.
“Oh, Jack is going to be out in a few days. He can’t wait to meet his granddaughter.”
“That’s great Keith! You talk about him so much. I can’t wait to meet him either.”
“He’s like a father to me. The least I can do is keep his granddaughter safe from anyone who wants to do her harm.”

>o<

Los Angeles, CA

“Director Kendall, I’m going to take some personal days.”
“Well, Jack. It’s about time. I think that’s a great idea. Get away from all of this. Recuperate from Syd…”
“DON’T say her name.”
Kendall looked taken aback at Jack’s violent tone at the mention of Sydney’s name. He couldn’t imagine how hard it must be to have lost a child.
“Apologies Jack. So, where are you going?”
Jack gave Kendall one of his signature icy glares as if to say, none of your business jackass. Finally he replied with a short answer of “family friends.”
As Jack stormed off down the hall Kendall couldn’t help but wonder, “Jack has family FRIENDS?

>o<

Rome

“Julia. You HAVE to tell us who abducted you.”
“I said I didn’t know. They came out of nowhere. They took my child. MY CHILD. Do you think I am pleased about this?” I managed to squeeze some tears out of my eyes. “Wow. My acting classes in college really paid off.
Cole gave me an incredibly doubtful look. “No worries. We’ll find a way to get her back. Otherwise, we always have your eggs you know. We’ll just grow another baby.” With a chuckle, Cole walked out of the room.
I had forgotten about the eggs they ripped out of my body after Lily was born. Oh well. At least I wouldn’t be attached to whatever they tried to create. Lily was another story. Not only did I carry her in my body, but she is mine and Vaughn’s.
I know I did the right thing and tomorrow, I will contact Kendall and hope he can help me out of this situation.

>o<

Geneva

Jonna watched the two baby girls interact with each other on the play mat. They seemed to have bonded instantly and were chattering away in baby talk together while pushing some foam blocks around. She couldn’t help but notice that although Lily was four months younger than Davina, she was as alert and acting as advanced as a ten month old.
That thought got pushed to the back of her mind as the doorbell rang. “Lily, sweetheart, are you ready to meet your grandpa?”
Lily looked up at the mention of her name and smiled her adorably big smile. Jonna smiled back and turned to open the door.
“Hello, is this the Erik…”

“Jack Bristow!” Jonna interrupted, and Jack looked startled.
“Yes and you are Jo…”
“Jonna! Come in, I’m sure you must be excited to meet your granddaughter and I am happy to meet you after everything Keith has told me about you.” Jonna ushered Jack inside. “She’s over there.”
Jack slowly turned and saw two little girls on the play mat on the floor. He was about to ask which one but realized the smaller girl looked exactly like his own daughter. He made his way over to the mat and squatted closer to the ground, watching the little girl.
Lily watched the man walk towards her, but she didn’t flinch. Davina on the other hand, looked as if she were about to cry. As the man knelt down Lily smiled and held one hand up.

“Ga ga ga ga ga ga” Baby sounds poured out of the little girl.
“May I?” Jack turned to ask Jonna.
“Jack, she’s your family. You don’t have to ask.”
Jack hesitantly reached out for the little girl and slowly picked her up, afraid that she would start to cry. However, it was just the opposite. Lily seemed to take to him immediately, as if she knew who he was. More happy baby sounds came out of her mouth, and Jack finally hugged her close.
“Hey there, little one. I’m your grandpa. You look just like your mommy.”
“She likes you Jack. She’s such a good baby. Very happy and she seems pretty smart and alert for a six month old.”
“She’s a Bristow. I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

>o<

Rome

I’d been shuffling around acting completely devastated for almost two days now. Thankfully the Covenant leaders have been letting me “mourn” or whatever and not forcing me to work. They actually wanted to put me on some anti-depressants but I’ve been “violently resisting their help.”
Yesterday I convinced them to let me go for a run and I managed to covertly place a call to Kendall and ask him to meet me at the CIA’s safe house in Rome. Because I had returned from my run in a timely manner, Cole was letting me have more freedom.
Today, in an hour, I was going to go “shopping.” Also known as meeting Kendall.

(60 minutes later)

“Hello Miss Bristow.”
I glanced to the right as I walked into the safe house and saw Kendall on the couch, so I walked over to the chair next to him.
“Thank you for coming.”
Over the next hour I poured out my whole story; how I was taken from my apartment, watched my funeral, “brainwashed,” and last but not least, I told him how I was pregnant when I was kidnapped and that my baby was safe now with family friends.
“Family friends? That is the second time in a matter of days that term has come out of the mouth of a Bristow. Your father isn’t, by any chance, with your daughter right now?”

“I honestly don’t know what my dad is doing but it is possible he could have gone to visit where she is staying.”
Kendall sat and thought for a minute. “Okay. Here’s what we need to do. You can be our double agent. Work for the Covenant and report back to me. This will be top secret of course and naturally we’ll keep the information about the baby confidential as well.”
“What? NO. I want to go home, Kendall! I want to see Vaughn and…”

“Sydney. It’s been a year. A year that everyone has mourned your death. This is the best option.”
“Twelve months is nothing if he loves me. I’m going, with or without your help.” I turned and stormed out of the safe house.
When I got back to Covenant headquarters, I told Cole I was ready for a mission. My plan was not to follow through and instead head to Los Angeles and disappear.
To my surprise, Cole was going to make it easy for me. He was sending me to LA.

>o<

Los Angeles, three days later

I arrived early, so I used the extra time to drive over to Vaughn’s apartment to see him. As I pulled up, I saw him walking down the street. “There he is.” I started to unbuckle my seatbelt but then noticed a blond girl walking next to Vaughn. They stopped and kissed. KISSED. Right in front of me. “Oh my god…he moved on.” Fumbling with my cell phone, I flipped it open and dialed a number.
“Kendall.”
“I’ll do whatever you want.”

TBC

Let me know what you all think....

I'm so excited !!!
Another story!!!
Great story, I can't wait to see whare it goes with Vaughn and the baby and the convent and jack!
If you happen to Pm, I would love one!!

hey hot stuff,

interesting. verrrrrry interesting. curious if vaughn has undergone psych conditioning, or if he's just an idiot, or if he suspects the blond and is after intel about syd...

just one that instead of than. see, you don't need me :( boo hoo...

thanks for the heads up. although i think syd might've been drugged to name the poor kid lilybelle. hope she's strong like syd and won't get her ass kicked in kindergarten...

:smiley: hugs,
t

Great start!!

Vaughn and Lauren!! Ugh!!!

I hope it doesn't take him a year this time to realize that she is evil!!!!

Syd and Vaughn forever!!! I always thought that her being pregnant when she was taken was
a great plot point!!!

Please pm me!!!!

just one that instead of than. see, you don't need me :( boo hoo...

no, T - you taught me stuff.. I'm learning, LOL. i fixed all the nicknames and tried to get all the commas!!!

thanks for the heads up. although i think syd might've been drugged to name the poor kid lilybelle. hope she's strong like syd and won't get her ass kicked in kindergarten...

HEY - BACK OFF. I thought the name was CUTE. it's french. don't make me come to austria and beat your already self beaten head!!! LMAO. :lol:

Just for that, i'm sending you pm's all the time now to make you read this :P

Thanks to those of you who read and responded! On with the next part!

Recap:

Fumbling with my cell phone, I flipped it open and dialed a number.
“Kendall.”
“I’ll do whatever you want.”

Chapter 2:

Rome

Kendall gave me specific instructions and for two and a half months I did everything that both he and the Covenant wanted me to do. Finally, I needed a break. I needed to see my baby.
“Cole, I need some time off.”
“Excuse me, Julia?”
“You heard me. I’m tired. I am going to take a vacation. You’ve had me on the run for over two months now. I’m taking a break. I’ll be back in six days. Don’t try to contact me.” With that, I stormed out of Cole’s office and went to pack.
I knew I would be followed when I left so I decided that I would fly to Paris first and lose Cole’s goons there before getting on a plane to Switzerland. Those morons are no match for Sydney Bristow.

>o<

Paris

“Boss, she’s checked into a hotel and went down to the pool area. She’s just relaxing.”
“Just keep an eye on her. I don’t trust that girl.” Click.
Cole’s goons just rolled their eyes. They couldn’t believe they were wasting time spying on some chick that was interested in getting a tan.
I spotted my followers immediately while I was lounging at the pool area. They were over by the garden area, pretending to sit and talk about sports or something. They looked annoyed, probably because they got stuck with babysitting me. Well, after I escape, they’ll be lucky if Cole doesn’t have them killed.
A few hours later I had enough of the pool so I went back up to my room and used the self-check out on the television. After paying a bellman to take my bag down the employee elevator, I left through the fire escape and met the bellman at the employee entrance of the hotel.

After a quick stop at a toy store to stock up on goodies to spoil my baby with, I stopped at a pay phone.
“Bonjour!”
“Hello, this is Sydney Bristow.”
“Sydney! Hello! This is Jonna.”
“Hello! Listen, I am in Paris right now and I was hoping it would be ok for me to come by for about six days?”
“Of course. When does your flight get in?”
“How did you…oh never mind.” Sydney chuckled. “I land in two hours.”
“Great. I’ll have Keith pick you up. See you later.”
I hung up the phone, literally giddy with excitement. It’s been so long.

>o<

Geneva

“Sydney!”
I looked up when I heard my name and saw Keith standing by the baggage claim.
“Keith! How are you?” I said as I kissed his cheek.
“We’re all fine. You ready to go see the baby?”
“Yes, please!”
The short ride was pleasant enough but couldn’t seem to go as fast as I wanted.
“Has she said her first word yet?”
“No. It’s really strange…she seems incredibly bright, and knows what we are saying to her and will shake her head yes or no, but she won’t ever say a word.”
That wasn’t good to hear.

“Your dad seems to think she may have a really high IQ though.”
“My dad?”
“Yes, he was out here right after I brought her back and observed the way she played and interacted. He thinks she is incredibly advanced for her age.”
“Well, he probably just thinks that because she is his granddaughter and god forbid a Bristow isn’t smart.”
Keith laughed. “Well, she’s an incredibly sweet child and a pleasure to have around. She’s gotten so big! But don’t worry, Jonna meticulously takes pictures and video of her. You’ll have plenty to entertain yourself with. She’s been trying to walk already too!”

“Seriously? She’s just about nine months!”
“We know. I told you, she is incredible.”
Finally, we pulled up to the Erikkson’s house and I saw a woman standing outside the door holding one baby and another baby was standing at her feet, hiding behind her leg.
I leaped out of the car and ran over to Jonna. I stared at the little girl in her arms, amazed at how much she changed in just three months. After a few moments of staring back at me, Lily smiled and reached out toward me. Jonna relinquished her to me and I hugged my baby tightly, cooing toward her.
“Hello my little Lilybelle! Oh, I’ve missed you more than anything.” I covered her with kisses before remembering my manners. “Oh, I am so embarrassed. You must be Jonna,” I said, looking up at the woman who was smiling back at me.

“Don’t worry Sydney. I know how much you must have missed that little one. She’s such a great baby. Come inside!”
I followed Jonna into the house and looked around. “This place is beautiful!”
“Thank you. Let me show you were you will be staying. I also moved Lily’s crib into that room for your stay. I know you’ll want to spend as much time with her as you can.”
My eyes got a little teary. This woman was so sweet. “That you. That’s incredibly nice.”
A short tour of the house later, Keith, Jonna and I were sitting around talking like old friends. Davina was toddling around and Lily was sitting happily on my lap. “So Davina is a little over a year?”
“Yes, her birthday was last month. She just started walking a few weeks ago.”
“Does she talk yet?”

“Only to say Momma, Dada or no,” Jonna said with a smile. I laughed.
“I can’t wait to hear what this one says.” I said, glancing toward Lily. “I’m just sad I’ll probably miss it.”
Jonna and Keith exchanged glances. “We’re trying to get everything on video for you, Syd. We know how hard this is,” Keith said.
“I know. I know. I just need to figure out how to get out of my situation so I can be with her all the time. But I really do appreciate what you all are doing and I know she is happy here.” I yawned, and Lily put her hand up over my mouth. Everyone smiled. “I’m sorry,” I apologized. “I think I am going to take a nap. And I think I’ll take her with me.”

“Of course, Sydney. Please make yourself at home this week.”
With a grateful smile, I stood up and headed toward my room, listening to Lily’s happy noises. I lay down on the bed and placed Lily on my chest, gazing into her beautiful green eyes. A smile lit up her face and she patted my face with her little hand before putting her head down.
“That’s right, baby. Naptime.” Gently rubbing her back, I drifted into a soft sleep, inhaling the gentle baby smell of my daughter.

~~~

“Up, Momma. Up. Up.” A small voice penetrated my dreams and I felt little fists pounding on my chest.
I slowly let my eyes open and was greeted by Lily staring at me. “Hey, sweet pea…Mommy was asleep for a long time, huh?” I smiled at her and hadn’t yet realized she was actually talking a few minutes earlier.
“Up, Momma. Now.” I stared in amazement.
“Did you just talk? Did you just say a whole sentence?” Lily just smiled and gurgled.
“Oh my gosh, you are like the smartest baby in the world!” I sat up and hugged my baby close.
“Momma.” That word will never get old.

“What is it Lily? Are you hungry?” I checked my watch and saw it was past dinnertime. “Oh…I did sleep a long time. I’m so sorry, baby. Let’s get something to eat.”
As I ambled into the living room, I saw Keith and Jonna sitting and reading. “Hey, were you guys lying to me when you said she wasn’t talking yet?”
They looked confused. “No…” Keith finally said.
“Really? Then, you’ll never believe what she just said!” I told them how Lily woke me up and said “Up, Momma, Now.”

“That’s amazing Sydney! She’s so smart! I knew she was on the brink of saying something. Maybe she was just waiting for you to get back.” Jonna said. “I swear, she watches everything so closely, like she is mentally storing everything in her brain. It’s a little eerie sometimes.”
I laughed. “Well, the Bristow family line has its share of smart genes. I think with each generation, the kids just keep having higher IQ’s.” Lily fussed in my arms. “Oh, I should get her something to eat.”
“Her food is in the cabinet over the toaster. And we left you some dinner on the counter as well.”
“Thank you.” I went into the kitchen and placed Lily in a high chair. I fed her, ate my own dinner and rejoined the Erikkson’s in the living room for the rest of the evening.

~~~

The next few days went by far too quickly for my taste as I reveled in spending time with my daughter. I loved bathing and feeding her and just playing with her and all of her toys. She was a fantastic little girl and rarely cried.
The next thing I knew, it was my second to last day in Geneva. It was a gorgeous day so I decided to take Lily for a walk in the park.
“See you all later,” I called as I walked outside.

~~~

The phone rang in the Erikkson house shortly after. “Hello?” Jonna inquired.
“Jonna, it’s Jack. I’m in Geneva on business and I wondered if it would be okay to stop by and see my granddaughter tonight.”
“Of course, Jack. This is a fabulous time to come by. We’ll be here.”
“That’s good. I’ll see you later.”
Smiling, Jonna hung up the phone and went to tell her husband about the surprise reunion that would happen between the Bristow family later. “Don’t tell Sydney.”

~~~

Two hours later, I decided to return to the house. Lily had fallen asleep and I left her in the stroller as I sat down to look through more pictures Jonna had taken of Lily growing up.
The doorbell rang ten minutes later. “Sydney, could you please get that?” I heard Jonna call from Davina’s room.
“Of course.” I walked to the door and pulled it open, dropping all the photos in my hand when I saw who was standing there. “Daddy?”

My dad looked back in shock. “Sydney…you look…different.”
Subconsciously my hand went to touch my hair, which had been dyed blond. I stood there staring at the man I hadn’t seen in almost a year and a half. Finally, I launched myself into his arms. “DAD.” He hugged me back, hard.

“Sydney, I never thought I’d see you again. I didn’t know you were going to be here. I was in Geneva for business so I came by to see Lily.”
“I told the Covenant I needed a few days off. I’ve been here for the past five days. Oh, Dad…I hate this life. I want to come back to LA. Oh, I’m being silly…come inside!”
My dad followed me inside. “Sydney, I know you are unhappy with the situation but you are doing great things for us. Kendall is so happy with ‘his source,’ and you are really helping us.”
“But…Lily…” I said, gesturing toward the stroller. “I just don’t like being away from her.”
My dad gave me a sympathetic look. “One day this will be over.”

“Does Kendall know that you know I am alive? Or that you know about Lily?”
“Yes, but he keeps it quiet.”
“Good.” I smiled. “She said her first word a few days ago. Actually, more like her first sentence.”
“Really?” Dad listened to the story of Lily’s first few words and grinned. “I knew she was smart.”
Gurgling sounds broke through the air. “She’s awake.” I smiled and walked over to the stroller. “Hey, sleepyhead," I said, picking her up. “Guess who else is here?” As I held Lily up, she saw Dad and smiled, reaching out for him.

Dad took the baby and cuddled her against his chest. “Hi, sweetheart.” I watched them interact.
“Dad, how often are you here?” I saw his cheeks tint with red.
“I’ve come at least once a month since she got here. She needs her family around and I know it is not easy for you to come.”
My eyes filled with tears. I can’t remember my dad ever being so loving. “Thank you, Dad. That means so much.”
“Momma.”

My dad looked down in surprise despite knowing she already said her first words. Hearing them was a different story. Lily was pointing toward me and squirming in his arms. “Momma.”
I went and took her back from my dad and Lily immediately reached up and wiped a tear off my eyelash. “Aww, Lilybelle.” I whispered and kissed her.
“You guys are all so cute,” I heard Jonna say as she finally walked into the room. “We wanted to give you some space.”
I smiled. “This was a great surprise.”

~~~

Unfortunately, the next day came and it was time for me to return to Rome. Holding Lily, I hugged my dad goodbye, and said goodbye to the Erikkson’s. Finally, I had to say goodbye to my little girl.
“I’m going to come back for your birthday, Lily. I promise. That’s just three months away. I’ll see you really soon, my precious girl.” As I kissed her on the head, she let out a wail that none of us had ever heard. “Shh, don’t cry, baby. Don’t cry. Grandpa’s still here…” I tried to hand her over to my dad but she squirmed fiercely and kept wailing. I was afraid I would drop her, so I hugged her close again.

“Sweetheart, Mommy is going to miss her plane, come to Grandpa.”
“MOMMA!” Lily stretched her little arms out as far as they could go as my dad pulled her away from me. Tears were rolling down my face as I watched her struggle.
Jonna and Keith looked absolutely shocked and heartbroken. “Sydney…she’s never done this.”
I couldn’t bear to watch anymore. “Keith…let’s just go.” Sadly, I got in the car. Keith followed and we slowly drove away.

Jonna looked at Jack once the car was out of sight. Jack sighed and tried to calm his granddaughter down.
“Will she be okay?”
“Eventually.” Jack rubbed Lily on her back. “I’ll stay a little longer and then I have to go as well. I’ll be back in a few weeks though.”
Jonna nodded and they went inside before any neighbors got suspicious about the screaming infant.

>o<

Rome

“Where have you been?” Cole greeted me as I walked back into Covenant headquarters later that evening to tell him I was back.
“Uh, I told you I was taking a vacation.” I paused, deciding if I wanted to trick him into telling me he had me followed. “Did you forget?”
“No. I, um. Never mind. Welcome back.”

I smiled sweetly. “See you in the morning. Oh, and I’m taking a few days off around October first. I figured I’d tell you now. That’s going to be a very upsetting time for me…if you don’t remember, that is when my baby was born and since she has mysteriously disappeared, I’m not going to want to be bothered. Deal with it.” With that, I spun around and left to go back to my apartment a few blocks away.
Halfway there, I slipped into an alley that led to a dark bar where I knew there was a payphone. Once I reached the phone, I called Jonna.

“Bonjour,” I heard the sweet tone of Jonna’s voice.
“It’s Sydney. I’m sorry to call so late.”
“It’s not a problem. Is everything okay?”
“Yeah, I’m back. I just wanted to see how she was doing?”
“She is finally asleep. She cried herself out. Your father left a few hours ago. He tried everything to calm her down. She just really misses you.”

“I miss her too. Can you put some of the pictures you took of us this week around her crib or something? Or attach them to the mobile? Maybe that will help.”
“That’s a great idea. I’ll do that. So, we’ll see you soon?”
“Yes, definitely. I’ll be there for her birthday.”
“Great. Stay safe.”
“I will. Thanks for everything.”
“It’s my pleasure. Goodnight.”
“Goodbye.” I hung up the phone and continued back to my apartment, slipping into bed immediately. It had been a very long and emotional day.

TBC

** The story picks up SOON. This is just background... I promise!!! Trust me. **

PM List:

Angel
Iheartvaughn
secret_agent_angel
malumader
farliieansds225
vaughn4eva24
tblash423
sydneymicheal
SpygirlAmy
Smcki10
oooRevesDouxooo