One Day...

no! no lauren!!!!
hahaha hes not telling lauren yet!!!
its just their little secret
he just needs to get lauren out of the picture

haha yes, Lily is staying a secret for now but at this time, Vaughn is still thinking he is going to stay married to Lauren and eventually, the 3 adults will have to share Lily. :smiley:

oh, that was sweet at the end. but i didn't cry.

mm just you wait till further in the fic.. i bet i can make you cry.

ahhhhhh i love this fic its amazing
and i love lilly
she sounds adorablle
can i please be put on the pm list
oh and kill lauren allready PLEASE

aww that was sooo cute!!!
i LOVE this fic!!!
its my fav!!
i love the syd,vaughn,and lilly interaction!!
lilly is soooo cute!

aww that was SO SO cute!
why cant he just leave lauren and then they can be one big happy family!
thanks for the PM cant wait for more :D

Ok so it's been forever since I responded in here...
Lily is amamzing...I am so glad tht Vaughn now knows about Lily...
I love how you use the important speeches from the show in a
completly didfferent place but they work...
Can't wait to see what happens next.
Thanks for all the pms

Oh yeah...Lauren needs no part in Lily's life...
I think it's great that Vaughn doesn't want to tell
her especially since I think she will turn out to work
for the Covenant...That would just be bad.

great update.
lily is so cute.
vaughn is such a good father.
i love how vaughn doesn't want to tell lauren yet.
thanks for the pm.
can't wait to see what happens next.

~Kay

Thanks for all the reviews, guys. I love them! Glad you all like the story! :smiley:

This chapter is about 90% fluff too. Drama is coming... duh duh duhhhh

Recap:

“Shh. I’ll always be there for you, too.” He gently kissed my tear stained cheeks. “I’ll see you in the morning. The three of us will have a fun day together.” He swooped me up and carried me into my room, softly placing me on the bed. “Sleep well.” With that, he left the room, leaving me to deal with more mixed up emotions.

Chapter 7:

The next morning, Vaughn woke up early and decided to surprise the girls with breakfast. He left the room and briefly stopped at the Erikkson’s, knocking softly in case they were asleep.
“Hey, Mike. How’s it going?” Keith said, opening the door.

“Pretty good. I wanted to go get the girls’ breakfast but I don’t know what Lily can eat.”
“Well, she’s almost two so she can pretty much eat most regular food, it’s just a matter of what you can GET her to eat.”
“Uh hu…”Vaughn mused. “Um, any suggestions?”
“Just go down to the buffet and bring back an assortment of eggs and bread products. Maybe some cereal. I guarantee there will be something she’ll eat.”
“Thanks.” Vaughn started to walk away.

“Hey – don’t worry. You’ll get it eventually. It’s hard to be a parent. Lily’s a great girl.”
“Thanks…yeah. She’s cute. Thanks again for your suggestion. See you!” Vaughn headed downstairs and selected an assortment of breakfast goods to bring back to the room.
The girls were still sleeping when he got back so he spread everything on the table in the dining area. Then he heard a small voice coming from Sydney’s room.

Gently opening her door, he saw Lily standing up in her travel crib, facing her mother. “Mommaaaaaaa.” Vaughn saw that Sydney was completely curled under the comforter and not appearing to be moving anytime soon. He walked inside softly and knelt down next to Lily.
“Hey, cutie.”
“Daddyyyyy,” she whined.

“Okay, come on.” He lifted her up and brought her into the next room. She was a little cranky and was squirming in his arms. “Do you need your diaper changed?” He asked, more to himself. Rummaging through her things, he located everything he needed and began to change her diaper. Before he placed the new one on, however, he had a thought. “You probably need a bath, don’t you? Let’s give this a whirl.”

Carrying his daughter with him, he returned to the living room and located some baby shampoo and soap in the diaper bag and grabbed some fresh clothes. Back in the bathroom he filled a quarter of the tub with lukewarm water and placed the baby inside, holding her up with one arm. She immediately started cooing and splashing her hands on the water, drenching her father.

“Well, looks like you are giving me my own bath!” She giggled and he managed to wash her hair and body over the next 15 minutes. Satisfied with his job, he scooped the baby up in a fluffy towel, dried her off, put the new diaper on, and wrestled her into her clothes.
Soaking wet, exhausted, and covered in powder he sat on the floor and stared at his daughter as she innocently looked at him and said, “bweakfas?” Suddenly he heard laughter coming from the doorway and looked up to see a disheveled Sydney standing there.

“You think this is funny, don’t you?”
“I’m sorry, Vaughn. You just looked so defeated sitting there and then when she asked for breakfast the look on your face was one of pure agony.”
“Hey…this was my first bath time with her… give me some credit!”

“Oh, I do,” she said, picking Lily up. “I’m proud of you for taking the initiative. And I appreciate it. It’s not easy. You should have seen me learning all of this when she was a newborn. I think my apartment was covered in powder for two months before I got it under control.” Her mind then flashed again. “My apartment…in Rome!” She gasped. “Oh my god…Vaughn! I was in Rome…I lived in Rome.”
“Your mind is starting to remember, isn’t it?”

“Just little snippets.” Lily squirmed in her arms and whimpered. “Okay, she’s hungry. Let’s go find some food.”
“Oh…there is some on the dining table. I went down to the buffet earlier and brought back breakfast for us.”
Sydney looked at Vaughn in surprise. “Getting food, bathing his daughter…when did he become so domestic?” “Thanks, Vaughn,” she said out loud. “Let’s go eat then. Unless you want to clean off.”
He smirked at her. “I can wait.”

>o<

We sat down and had breakfast together. Afterwards Vaughn and I took turns getting ready while the other entertained Lily. I could tell Vaughn felt himself falling more in love with her each passing moment he was with her and now he couldn’t imagine life without her in it.

“Sydney,” he asked me when I returned from getting dressed. “How did you ever manage to leave her for three months at a time. Didn’t you want to be around her all the time?”
“Yes. But I had to do this to protect her. At first it was heartbreaking, but it got a little easier each time. We both got used to it. The first time I went to visit her after leaving her with Keith was the worst. She started wailing like I never heard her cry before when I was about to leave and it crushed me into a million pieces. But she is still safe and sound and unharmed by the Covenant, so the time I can’t be with her makes it worth it.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s the most important thing. So what should we do today?”
“Well, we could go to the Tibidabo Funfair ‘The Magic Mountain.’ It’s an amusement park. Or the zoo, or aquarium or walk around the Olympic Village.”
“Let’s try the amusement park and the aquarium…those seem pretty kid friendly.”

“Sounds good.” We headed out and I illegally used the rest of the exposures in the nifty camera sunglasses Marshall gave me for the mission to take some pictures of Lily and Vaughn. Vaughn also used the camera on his cell phone to take some other pictures. By six in the evening, we were slightly sunburned, exhausted and hungry, and sat down at a Tapas Bar for a light meal.

My phone rang a few minutes after they sat down. Excusing myself, I went to take the call. Arriving back at the table, I found Lily passed out in Vaughn’s lap.
“She’s so sleepy,” I commented.
“I’m worried…shouldn’t she eat something?”
“It’ll be okay. We can stop at a market on the way back to the hotel and I can get something for her. Anyway, that was Jonna. I told her Lily would be staying with us tonight but we are leaving on a flight at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. She said Keith would be by at 6:30 a.m. to grab her and her things.”
“Sounds like a plan, although, I really want more time with her,” he said, gazing at his daughter. I smiled and put my hand on Vaughn’s.

“You will. Maybe not this week but you’ll see her again.” We smiled at each other, ate our tapas and drank some real Spanish sangria. Before heading back to the hotel, I stopped at a market to grab a few bananas and a bag of animal crackers.
Lily woke up once we got back to the room so I mashed up the bananas and fed her. Vaughn watched me.

“You’re so great with her,” he said, slightly jealous that I’d been with her since the day she was born.
“I wasn’t always. I made my share of mistakes. Like the first time I went to visit her in Geneva and fell asleep with her in my room, forgetting to feed her for hours. She was like, nine months old.”
“She didn’t cry?”

“No…I told you she isn’t much of a crier. Didn’t you notice today? Anyway, that was actually when she first spoke.”
“Oh! What was her first word?”
“Words, actually. Like I said, I fell asleep, and she was on my chest. She woke me up by pounding her little fists on me and saying ‘up momma now.’”
“She said a whole sentence?”

I grinned. “Told you us Bristows have high IQ’s.”
“Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled. “Don’t forget there is some Vaughn in her too.” Lily began getting fussy and we both knew she was completely exhausted.
“You had a big day today, little girl,” Vaughn said, sweeping her up and holding her high over his head before hugging her close.

“You leave tomowwow?” She asked us sadly.
“Yes, cutie. Mommy and I have to go back home to work.” I saw her lip start to quiver.
“No go, Daddy.”
“Lily,” I said, coming over to where they were standing. “We’re going to come visit you like always.”
“No, stay.” She began to cry. “Want Momma and Daddy to stay.” Vaughn looked at me, and all I could do was shrug.

“This is rare…she hardly does this,” I whispered and he nodded, while gently rubbing Lily’s back. “She must really like you,” I tried to joke. He half-smiled in return. I reached out for her and Vaughn released her into my grasp. She clung to me tightly and I sat down and began to sing softly to her. I sang an old Russian song my mother sang to me when I was a little girl that always used to comfort me.
Finally, she was asleep. Vaughn and I decided to put her on my bed and we lay on either side of her so we could talk.

“Thanks, Syd,” he said to me, softly.
“For what?”
“Letting me meet her.” I looked at him compassionately.
“Vaughn, I didn’t want to keep her from you, at all. Especially when she was born. I wanted you with me. I just don’t remember why I had to hide her from everyone and then, when I got back…it was hard enough with Lauren…”
“It’s okay, Sydney. I’m not angry that you didn’t tell me. I’m just glad I get to know her while she’s still a baby. I said last night, we’ll figure this out.”

I smiled. “I hope so. She deserves both of us. She asked about you.” He looked up in interest. “When I went to see her right after I got back. I was putting her to bed and she asked who her daddy was.”
“What did you tell her?”
“I said that he was someone I had loved very much but life separated us and that she got her green eyes from him.” He simply nodded and lightly stroked her face as she slept soundly next to him.

“She’s so beautiful. I just can’t get over the fact that she’s mine. That I have a little girl.”
“I know. I still feel that way sometimes too. So…you’re not telling Lauren yet?”
“I don’t think it’s the best idea, no.”
“So then we can’t talk about her to anyone else at the office either, remember.”
“Yeah…so who knows? Just your dad?”

“Kendall and Dixon,” I replied automatically, not really sure why they knew.
“What?”
“Um, yeah… they know…but I can’t remember why.” He looked at me sadly.
“Syd…we really need to figure out what happened to you in those two years.”
I nodded, but a part of me knew I might not want to know. After talking for a while more, we fell asleep how we were, our hands almost joining through the night while placing them on our baby’s stomach.

~~~

We woke up at 5:30 a.m. to get ready to leave and pack up Lily’s things. Keith came by an hour later and took everything while we followed him back to his suite, holding Lily, who was awake but groggy.
“Okay, sweetheart. Mommy and Daddy have to go back to their jobs now, but we’ll see you in a month.” We had already decided when we were going to visit Geneva.

She looked at us silently and held out her arms toward Vaughn. He took her from me and kissed her cheek before hugging her close. “Hey cutie, I’m glad I got to know you. Be a good girl and I’ll see you soon.” A few more kisses from both of us later, we were out the door and on our way back to LA. On the plane, Vaughn told me he hoped we could be friendlier to each other back in the office now and I agreed. As it was, there was a very important reason why we had to get along now.

>o<

“Marshall, can you show me how to upload the pictures from the sunglasses and print them out?” I asked once I was back at work.
“Sure…but I can just do it if you want, Syd.”
“I have some downtime right now, I can do it.”

“Okay.” Marshall led me to a computer that we could print pictures on and showed me what to do. I quickly printed out the pictures of Gregory Tolland and the ones of Vaughn and Lily before deleting all non-work pictures off the chip in the sunglasses. Handing the relevant pictures to Dixon, I scooted back to my desk and made up a confidential folder for Vaughn with some of the pictures. Casually, I dropped it on his desk with an encoded message on a post-it saying it was for his eyes only.

Twenty minutes later I watched as he came back to his desk and saw the folder. Pretending to do work, I waited for his reaction to opening the folder. His grin spread slowly across his face and he flipped through the pictures and he looked up and smiled at me. I winked, and went back to writing my report.

During lunch, I was standing in the kitchen when Lauren cornered me. “What happened between you and my husband on your mission?”
“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. Things are different between you two. You’re actually smiling at each other.”
“We just decided work would be easier if we got along. That’s all.”
“That’s bullshit. You slept with him, didn’t you?”
“NO!”

“You’re lying!” She slapped my cheek.
“LAUREN. What the hell are you doing?” Vaughn bellowed as he walked in on Lauren hitting me.
“Vaughn. Would you please tell your WIFE that we didn’t sleep with each other,” I said coldly and stalked out of the room.

Ten minutes later he came running up to me. “Are you okay?”
I smiled. “I’ve had worse.”
“She had no right to do that. I told her if she ever placed another hand on you, there’d be serious problems.”

“Still think it’s a good idea not to tell her about Lily? She obviously knows something changed between us.”
“Yes. For some reason, my mind is telling me that we should keep her a secret for now. From everyone. Until we know why you were hiding her, I’m not taking the chance at anyone being capable of finding her and hurting her.”
“Okay. It’s your call.”

>o<

The weeks went by and we went about our work as usual. A few days before Vaughn, Dad and I were going to go on a “research mission,” (aka Geneva) we were sitting in a briefing. Suddenly my phone started vibrating in my pocket and I glanced at the caller ID. It was Jonna.
Nervously I excused myself and went into the hallway. “This is Sydney.”
“Sydney…oh my god.” Her tone was one of panic.

“Jonna… what? Is Lily okay?”
“We’re in the hospital…”
“What happened??!!” I started to panic and checked my watch. It would be around two in the morning in Geneva right now.

“Earlier this evening, I went to check on the girls and I noticed Lily’s lips were turning blue and she was making funny noises while breathing. So we brought her into the hospital. She’s normal now, but they’re running tests to find out what happened.
“Oh, god. Oh, god. Okay. Um. I’ll be on my way as soon as I can. Thanks for calling.” I quickly hung up the phone and walked shakily back into the briefing room. Everyone stared at me as I entered, my face obviously deathly pale.

“Sydney?” My dad inquired. I turned to face him but before I could say anything, my knees buckled and everything went black.

>o<

Vaughn watched Sydney start to fall and dashed out of his chair to grab her before she hit the floor.
“Bring her into my office,” Jack shouted while Dixon went to get some water. Vaughn gently carried her into the office and set her on the couch. He knelt down next to her.
“Syd? Sydney…can you hear me?” He gently stroked her face. Minutes later her eyes started to flutter open.

>o<

My eyes started to open and I saw Vaughn next to me, face riddled with concern. “Lily…” I croaked out and tears started to form in my eyes.

Dixon and my dad came into the room and shut the door. “What did she just say?” dad asked.
Vaughn turned to him. “She said Lily and then got all teary.” He turned to me. “Sydney…what about Lily?”

TBC..... and tomorrow
Lauren's true nature is revealed to one of the other characters...

PM List:

Angel
Iheartvaughn
secret_agent_angel
malumader
farliieansds225
vaughn4eva24
tblash423
sydneymicheal
SpygirlAmy
Smcki10
oooRevesDouxooo
MH55995
texasalias2004
phoenix shotgun 47
funkymonkey
sand2604
LittleNicky
xMountineer02300844x
grassyass
Nicky_Bristow
Jadeygirl
mnkdance963
fire*N*ice
sparklingrainbow
Freelancer7315
dandan

Dude...I would have hit her right back!!
Can we say CATFIGHT!!!
anyways I hope Vaugn comes to his sences and leaves her and they rush to take care of thier baby!
Great update!

I loved the family bonding between Syd, Lily and Vaughn. Lily is just too cute and is already a Daddy's girl. I am glad that they have decided to still keep Lily a secret. I hope that whatever is wrong with Lily won't be too serious. Thanks for the pm. Can't wait for more.

awesome update.
lily is just SO cute. :D hope she's ok.
vaughn needs to leave lauren now so him and syd and lily can by happy.
thanks for the pm.
update soon!!!!

~Kay :angelic:

i gottta say, i'm with angel on this: i'd've slapped that bitch silly. wait, no, never mind. one slap from me and she'd be dead. or in a coma. yep.

the pictures were a cute touch! great!

hugs,
me

Back