One Night Love Affair

A/N: Hi! Thanks for your reviews and a special hello to stealthy and ashqua!

Chapter 3

«We’ve got a long walk ahead of us. If we’re lucky, we’ll be there before nightfall.», Vaughn informed her as he was putting the first aid kit back in his bag.

«Okay.»

«But we should have a bite before we go. You must be really hungry.»

The truth was she had been quite hungry a few hours ago, but now she didn’t even feel it anymore. She was just anxious to get back home.

«We don’t have time.», she said, getting up and putting her shirt back on.

Vaughn raised his hand as to stop her.

«Sydney, now we have the possibility to eat. It may not come again for a while. You have to be ready to fight if we have to.»

Sydney couldn’t help but have a tiny smile. She sat back on the rock and asked:

«Are you always like this?»

Vaughn looked at her, wondering what she meant.

«Like what?»

«No offence, but you’re acting as if you were my mom.»

Vaughn ran his hand through his hair, staring at his bag.

«Sorry. I don’t mean to. It’s just that… I was an only child. I was eight when my dad died, and from then on I tried to take care of my mother. I think it spread to everyone I meet. I don’t mean to boss you around.»

Sydney felt her heart sink.

«Oh, Vaughn, I’m sorry… Forget about it. I don’t mind. I was just teasing you.»

Vaughn nodded, still avoiding her gaze. Sydney could easily see her comment had brought sad memories for him. She felt bad about it and promised herself to be nicer to him from then on. After all, she could imagine how he was feeling right now. They had gone through the same thing. He had lost his father when he was really young, just like she had “lost” her mother.

They sat side by side for a few minutes, eating some dried fruits and nuts along with some water. The silence between them felt a little uncomfortable to Sydney. She wondered if he was still thinking about his father and decided to try to change his mind.

«So, how come the CIA sent you to rescue me?»

«I was on assignment in South Korea, not far from the border. I was the closest person they had. They were really worried about you. You seem to be very important to them.»

Thinking about the way her father must have reacted to her disappearance, she sympathised with the people who had to take orders from him at that time. No wonder the rescue mission must have seemed so important to Vaughn.

The sound of a helicopter above them interrupted their conversation, reminding them they still weren’t safe. Vaughn got up.

«We better go.»

They walked for several hours, making their way into the jungle, hardly ever taking breaks. Vaughn’s respect for Sydney grew with every minute passing by. She was so strong, having no trouble following him. After all, she had had no sleep in two days, had lost a good amount of blood and had eaten only scarcely. No wonder she was such a valuable asset for the CIA.

The night was falling when they finally got back to the clearing where the helicopter had dropped Vaughn earlier that day. The hard part was over. Now they could finally rest until extraction.

Sydney sat down, her back to a big tree. Although she would never complain (he knew her well enough by now to be certain of that), he could see in her eyes just how tired she really was. He grabbed the small blanket he had in his bag and handed it to her.

«Sydney, you should sleep a little. I’ll call for the helicopter, but it won’t be here until it’s really dark.»

Exhausted, she took the blanket from him and nodded.

«Thanks.»

«I’ll be right back.»

Not wanting to disturb her, he walked away a few feet and pulled out his sat phone.

«Base ops, this is Boy Scout. Do you copy?»

The answer came right away.

«Yes, Boy Scout, we copy.»

«We’re at the meeting point. We’re ready for extraction.»

«Extraction scheduled for 11:00 hours sharp.»

«Copy that.»

«By the way, you should know that the North Koreans have found the plane, but that they still have no lead whatsoever on who was flying it. We don’t think you are in any danger.»

«Okay.»

«See you later, Boy Scout.»

Vaughn disconnected the phone and walked back to Sydney. She was still sitting there, covered with the blanket he had given her, eyes wide open.

«I thought I told you to get some rest. You should always listen to your mother.», he joked.

They shared a smile, and it made Vaughn feel really good. He was glad that she now seemed to like him. Maybe not trust him, but at least appreciate him.

«So I heard you on the phone with base ops. Your code name is Boy Scout?», she said, still smiling.

Vaughn laughed. Such a ridiculous name. Now she must think of him as a silly twelve year-old boy. Was it possible to change code names? He would have to put in a request.

«Yeah.»

«Why?»

«Um, it goes back to CST, clandestine service training. You don't want to hear this.»

She frowned.

«Vaughn.»

He lifted his hands as a sign of surrender.

«Okay, the Boy Scouts have a motto.»

«Always be prepared.»

Vaughn nodded.

«On my first day, I showed up and I had forgotten my field manual so the instructor said, "That is your one screw-up. From then on, you'd better be prepared."»

«Nice story. Bet you use it on dates all the time.»

Vaughn laughed.

«No, not really! It would be a disaster.»

She joined his hilarity.

«You’re probably right.»

Their eyes met for a moment and Vaughn caught a glimpse of the real Sydney Bristow. The Sydney from real life. He was certain now she was just a nice, caring, funny woman who had built huge walls around her. It made him feel sad for her. He would have liked to be able to help her, but in a few hours they would go their separate ways. He’d rather not think about that right now, wanting to enjoy his last moments with her.

So he told her, waving his right index at her:

«Now I’m not joking. You have to rest. Here, take my vest as a pillow.»

Before she had time to protest, he had already taken it off and folded it so it would be comfortable. By now, she knew it would give no results to fight him, so she took it and smiled gratefully. She then lied down on the ground. She closed her eyes, feeling safe, knowing he was watching over her. Quickly, she felt sleep overcoming her.

:smiley:

Chapter 4

OOOOOOOO!!! I love it!!! I specisly loved about "boy scout" and that u took it from their date!!! so good!!!

«Nice story. Bet you use it on dates all the time.» :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
plez pm me when u continue!thank u!!!!!

Freelancer21 said:
Before she had time to protest, he had already taken it off and folded it so it would be comfortable.  By now, she knew it would give no results to fight him, so she took it and smiled gratefully.  She then lied down on the ground.  She closed her eyes, feeling safe, knowing he was watching over her.  Quickly, she felt sleep overcoming her.
[post="1070916"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
He already broke her peel! :love:
Btw do they work in the same thread of the CIA in LA? :thinking:
Can´t wait how you´ll go on with this story! :woot:
Thanks for da PM! ;)

Muse

German Muse said:
He already broke her peel! :love:
Btw do they work in the same thread of the CIA in LA? :thinking:
Can´t wait how you´ll go on with this story! :woot:
Thanks for da PM! ;)

Muse
[post="1071102"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hi Muse! To answer your question... Vaughn works for the CIA'S Miami office while Sydney works in LA...

Thanks!

Jenn :D

YAY! They are getting closer and closer and are opening up more and more to each other! I love it! Ohhh... i love how you included "that" conversation!

Great work, I cant wait for more!

-G

«We don’t have time.», she said, getting up and putting her shirt back on.

Vaughn raised his hand as to stop her.

«Sydney, now we have the possibility to eat. It may not come again for a while. You have to be ready to fight if we have to.»

Sydney couldn’t help but have a tiny smile. She sat back on the rock and asked:

«Are you always like this?»

i :love: take charge vaughn!

«Sorry. I don’t mean to. It’s just that… I was an only child. I was eight when my dad died, and from then on I tried to take care of my mother. I think it spread to everyone I meet. I don’t mean to boss you around.»

:sadangel:

«So I heard you on the phone with base ops. Your code name is Boy Scout?», she said, still smiling.

Vaughn laughed. Such a ridiculous name. Now she must think of him as a silly twelve year-old boy. Was it possible to change code names? He would have to put in a request.

«Yeah.»

«Why?»

«Um, it goes back to CST, clandestine service training. You don't want to hear this.»

She frowned.

«Vaughn.»

He lifted his hands as a sign of surrender.

«Okay, the Boy Scouts have a motto.»

«Always be prepared.»

Vaughn nodded.

«On my first day, I showed up and I had forgotten my field manual so the instructor said, "That is your one screw-up. From then on, you'd better be prepared."»

:angelic: sounds familiar, lol

Their eyes met for a moment and Vaughn caught a glimpse of the real Sydney Bristow. The Sydney from real life. He was certain now she was just a nice, caring, funny woman who had built huge walls around her. It made him feel sad for her. He would have liked to be able to help her, but in a few hours they would go their separate ways. He’d rather not think about that right now, wanting to enjoy his last moments with her.

-_- awww!...i dont want them to go their seperate ways!! syd can get transfered to Miami (miii amiiii! sorry, anyone remember that 'adventures of mk&a' episode? lol, used to wub that show) or vaughn can get transfered to la!

«Now I’m not joking. You have to rest. Here, take my vest as a pillow.»

awww...he's soooo sweet!

:Ph34r:
This is one of the best fics around. seriously. read it. it just seems to get better as it goes along. i love how you include lines from the show but in a different context. it makes the characters more real-- more familiar to us.

vaughn's already looking out for her, caring for her, protecting her like he does best on the show :P

well. off to work. but seriously, everyone should read this fic. and review :Ph34r:

Back