One of the Guys

“Because I love you, idiot,” he laughed softly. “Okay, so I might not be in love with you like you are with me but…but that doesn’t mean I don’t have feelings for you. Contrary to what you said, I don’t just think of you as ‘one of the guys’. I am well aware of the fact that you’re a girl – a beautiful girl with the most gorgeous brown eyes and the cutest dimples I’ve ever seen in my entire life.”

“I’m serious. So maybe I never really thought of it before, but I have been known to have some jealous moments when you were with some guy who I didn’t approve of. Then, after you left on Sunday, I sat at that rink for another two hours just thinking about you, about us and I realized dozens of things I never thought of before – like how beautiful you are and how you’re the coolest girl on the planet,” he told her with a smile. She smiled back.

“If you’re willing, I’d like to maybe… maybe try a relationship between us. Who knows? It might be really awesome since, you know, you are my best friend and all. Besides, maybe this whole crazy thing has been right in front of us all along. I mean, what two males and females get along better than us, huh? We love the same sports and movies. Could be kinda perfect,” he smiled.

:jawdrop:

When he leaned back, he saw Sydney’s eyes sparkling with something other than the pure joy that they were both feeling at that moment. “Hey, you’re crying,” he pointed out as he reached a thumb forward to brush her cheeks dry. “You’re not going to start going all chick on me now are you?”

“Hey,” she said, shoving him playfully as she sniffed back her tears. “I am a chick.”

Give her a break! i think she fairly deserves to act like a chick here ;)

“Yeah but she’s, you know, it – the one,” he said. Sydney fought to keep her gasp trapped in her throat as tears burned in her eyes. Quickly, she turned her back to the rest of the group so that they would not see her.

“Actually,” Michael continued, “I’m thinking of proposing soon… you know, when she least expects it.”

Ohhhh this was goodie :woot: :love:

Feeling her legs begin to collapse beneath her, Sydney flopped down onto the bleachers and reached for her skates. When she lifted the left one up, she heard something strange rattling inside. Confused, she plunged her hand down into the boot, where her hand came in contact with something small and square. Pulling it out, she found that it was a small jewelry case and could not stop herself from gasping aloud.

I'd :Passout: This was a sporty proposal :lol: Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael gave Brad a curious look. “You knew Sydney was my secret girlfriend?”

“No… but I totally thought you two were sleeping together!”

Sydney laughed deeply. “Well he was half right…”

“I think with Brad that’s as good as we’re gonna get,” Michael sighed.

Guys!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: This was a very sweet and funny proposal!!!!!!!!!!!! really... just as much as the entire fic even though it was short!

It was PERFECT

:hug: cookie THANKS for this wonderful story Janet

Wow. That was one amazing proposal!

I totally got this wrong though. I had understood that this was a loooong fic divided in four parts. Duh to me. LOL

Great nonetheless. :smiley:

:eek:
JANET

WOW

I think that that was the best proposal you have ever written!

At the stadium in her skate with all the guys surronding her and Vaughn JUST revealing his secret girlfriend
I love how he was telling the guys that he was proposing and Syd was all Aw MY GAWD and then he did it

Im like speechless but I love the fact that the team thought they were both sleeping together

seriously janet that rocked!
aww im so glad you liked it!! :hug:

yeah I totally agree with Dani.........that's probably the cutest thing I've ever read EVER! That was so cute! I'm sitting in my room reading it and I forgot my window was open and I'm going "Oh my GOD OH MY GOD!" and my really cute neighbor asked if I was alright and I go "yeah I'm just reading the cutest proposal EVER in the history of life" and I think he rolled his eyes at me....Idk....it's hard when they turn around and all you get is their cute butt! But seriously that was sooooooo adorable! Once again Janet, I commend you and your awesomeness!

yeah I totally agree with Dani.........that's probably the cutest thing I've ever read EVER! That was so cute! I'm sitting in my room reading it and I forgot my window was open and I'm going "Oh my GOD OH MY GOD!" and my really cute neighbor asked if I was alright and I go "yeah I'm just reading the cutest proposal EVER in the history of life" and I think he rolled his eyes at me....Idk....it's hard when they turn around and all you get is their cute butt! But seriously that was sooooooo adorable! Once again Janet, I commend you and your awesomeness!
haha thank you so much :hug: glad you liked it enough to let your neighbor know about it (uninentionally of course) ;)

Awww. :love: What a cute story. I"m glad that everything turned out great in the end.

I just loved that proposal. :smiley: So sudden, yet romantic in its own special way.

Thanks for another great story Janet!!

That was so cute! Thank you for getting them together, I don't think I would have handle the whole Alice thing for another chapter :lol:

I love how Vaughn proposed :love: , that was one of the cutest thing you've ever wrote about him proposing, though I like the one in The hardest thing (the whole repeating his speech in front of a camera :lol: )

Back